Postman

WINNER PROMPTS

Seungyoon/Jinwoo – Mail Delivery

10:00 AM

A usual Monday morning, Jinwoo would sit at the ledge outside his house. Phone in his hand, his eyes squinted hard. In that screen shown numerous pick-up lines but there wasn’t one that impressed Jinwoo one bit. Too corny, too cheesy, too romantic, he almost gave up. He thought maybe he should do his way but Jinwoo’s mind would wander too far and would not come back. Face to face confession wasn’t his kind of thing and he needed serious help.

But there wasn’t any time for him to prepare himself. The clock struck 10:05 AM and that mail delivery guy would arrive any moment. Jinwoo walked towards the gate and stood still.

You can do it. Just say good morning, tell him how was his weekend and if it was a boring weekend, ask him out. If yes, tell him if he wants more fun. Easy!

Unfortunately, Jinwoo’s tongue wasn’t really co-operating. The handsome young man arrived in front of his house and Jinwoo smiled.

“Good morning, Seungyoon!” A little bit too loud, Jinwoo noted.

“Hello, Jinwoo-shi.”

Seungyoon passed a stack of envelopes to him and Jinwoo did not react. “Jinwoo-shi?” Jinwoo stared at him for a moment before he came to realize what he had done. “Oh! The letters!”

Jinwoo cursed himself twice. Seungyoon jerked up to Jinwoo’s high pitch.

Bad move.

Jinwoo snatched the letters and started leaving. Seungyoon’s eyes trailed him till he reached his doorstep.

“Jinwoo-shi!” Seungyoon shouted.

Heart beating so fast, Jinwoo had no idea what to do upon Seungyoon calling his name. What should he do? Should he turn? Maybe the opportunity finally came. Seungyoon would be asking him out and not him doing the job. He turned with anticipation.

Seungyoon, with him sitting on his bike, he giggled. Slowly, it turned to laughter and it made Jinwoo uncomfortable. What was happening? What was Seungyoon trying to imply?

“Jinwoo-shi, nice boxers.”

With that, Seungyoon left and Jinwoo was flushed with embarrassment. From then on, Seungyoon did not get to see Jinwoo again. He noticed that he had sent his little brother out to collect the letters.

Without knowing, Jinwoo silently watched him behind the glass window.