two seasons

✈ NUMBERS ⋮ a collection of got7 x suzy oneshots

two seasons | jb x suzy, 727 words.

 

Im Jaebum was never the type of person who likes to smile.

Until he met Bae Suzy.

He was the heir of the company's biggest company, whereas she was just a barista at Starbucks, and he never knew that someone so 'small' in the society, as he would like to refer it to, could be able to create a big impact in his life.

It was a snowy Saturday afternoon when they first met. Jaebum always liked coffee; he'd have it any time of the day, even in afternoons, where people don't usually have coffee. That Saturday afternoon, he wasn't surprised that there's only three or four customers inside, himself included.

He inhaled the sweet aroma of coffee as he walked to the counter and told the cashier his order - an americano in a size of a venti. He took a seat, scrolling through his phone as he waited. He could notice the other customers look at him and mumble things like "Isn't he, like, the richest man in his 20s? He's so good looking, it that he doesn't have a heart," but Jaebum didn't mind. He heard those things from others a lot of times, and he considered it as something normal.

Everyone stopped mumbling about him when the barista called loudly, "Drinks for Im Jaebum at the bar."

Jaebum stood up from his seat and walked over to where the barista was standing, thanking her in a monotonous tone before walking back to his seat. He continued to scroll through his phone and took a sip from his coffee, and that was when he felt slight disappointment.

Without any hesitations, he stormed back to the barista and told her, "You gave me the wrong drink..." Jaebum trailed off and glanced at the barista's name plate. "...Suzy."

"Oh?" Suzy had been working for months, and it was the first time she gave someone a wrong drink. "But your receipt..." She looked back at her records and while she was in the middle of scurrying through her papers, Jaebum somewhat slammed his coffee cup on the table in front of her.

"I ordered an americano. This one's too sweet," Jaebum said coldly, staring into Suzy's eyes as he did. He expected Suzy to be scared of her, but instead, she smiled.

"I'm sorry, sir, I'll have it changed right away," she said pleasantly, taking Jaebum's cup away before starting to get him another americano right away. Without any word, Jaebum went back to his seat, and after a few moments, Suzy served him something, and it wasn't just coffee.

It had a note. It said: "Jaebum-ssi, you know you could use a smile. You're really good looking. Don't let those looks go to waste." After reading the note, he glanced over at Suzy, who was working on some other person's coffee, but she was grinning to herself.

At the sight of her grinning, Jaebum just couldn't help to smile as well.

Because of this, stopping by at Starbucks became Jaebum's weekly routine. He would make sure to stop by when it's afternoon, and like before, Suzy would send him notes. Jaebum kept every single note Suzy gave him, and once he finishes his coffee, he would write a note for Suzy as well, and leave it on his table for her to see.

Days went on like this. They would exchange notes and, unlike the usual, Jaebum would always find himself smiling, even just by the thought of Suzy. The people from the company thought so as well, and they were happy to see that Jaebum was slowly getting out of his shell.

A month in and Jaebum decides that he has fallen head over heels for Suzy. It's not only the cute little notes she sends, she's really very pretty, too, and the way she interacts with the customers made Jaebum fall for her even more.

So Jaebum decided to send her a little note that said, "Suzy, you melted my heart. It's like we're two different seasons - I'm winter, cold and uninviting, whereas you're summer, warm and welcoming. And like heat would do to snow, you have melted me... Be mine, please? Meet me by the Seoul tower after your shift if your answer is yes."

That day, Suzy didn't go straight home after her shift, for she went to see Jaebum.

 

a/n: this isn't my first draft for this, tbh the first one's better, but i got it deleted smh. i hope you guys still like this though ; n ;