one lifetime

✈ NUMBERS ⋮ a collection of got7 x suzy oneshots

one lifetime | mark x suzy, 677 words.

 

Mark never once knew his heart was able to beat that fast.

He stood on his spot, not preventing himself from moving, for he was getting more and more anxious. Around him, there were lots of people - his family, his friends, his colleagues. Soft music that came from the violin and the piano nearby filled the air, making everyone feel at ease, but not Mark.

He swore he almost jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder, but sighed in relief when he turned to see that it was just his best friend, Jinyoung. "Relax, man," Jinyoung said coolly, a soft chuckle leaving his lips afterwards.

Jinyoung always had the capacity of making Mark feel at ease, even during the times that Mark would think hell would break lose, but not today. Today was one of the biggest days of Mark's life, and with that being said, he couldn't afford making a single mistake, which was hard on his part, because almost all the people around him knew he was the type of person who was clumsy, but still accepted him and loved him anyway.

The music that surrounded them gracefully changed in a second afterwards, and Mark watched closely as everyone stood up. Some of the people had their cameras ready, some had their handkerchiefs, while others, they just had their smiles.

Mark let his eyes travel along the aisle, until his sight landed on, no doubt, the most beautiful person within the vicinity. Standing there in a long, white gown with her hair tied up in a bun, Suzy was indeed the most beautiful bride in Mark's eyes. Even with the veil covering her face, Mark was certain Suzy's eyes met his for a short moment, and Mark didn't know it was possible to fall in love with her all over again.

She started to walk down the aisle, so slowly but indeed so gracefully, her arms hooked around her father's. Mark put his arms behind his back and watched her closely, waiting for her to finally reach him. The blinding flashes from the cameras around them didn't distract Mark from looking at her, because to him, she shined the brightest.

"I trust you, Mark," Suzy's father told him when they finally reached the altar, handing Suzy over to him in a gentle manner. This time, Suzy hooked her arm with Mark's, and she felt herself teaing up when Mark told her father, "I promise not to break that trust, sir."

As Suzy's father went to his resepctive seat, Jinyoung told them a soft, "Congratulations." The couple thanked him afterwards, and then Jinyoung once again said, "I always knew the both of you would end up being married. Oh and Suzy, please understand Mark and his stupidity." Jinyoung playfully stuck his tongue out at his best friend, making Suzy chuckle.

"I'll understand, Jinyoung," Suzy said, before glancing over at her groom. "Are you ready?" She asked him.

Once more, Mark stared at her for a moment, his eyes traveling to every detail on her face, may it be the small details, or the big ones. A truckload of flashbacks came into Mark's mind quickly, like the day they first met, their first date, the day he proposed... and now today is just a new addition to the memories they both would share.

Mark nodded in reponse to her query. "I'm ready."

And with that, they walked over to the altar, fingers intertwined with each others' as the people behind them watched them in awe. At the same time, they both looked at each other, and shared smiles.

Again, Mark's heart was beating very quickly, but this time it wasn't because of nervousness. It's because of happiness, and of course, love, because the person standing close to him right now was the only person he always wanted to spend a lifetime with, and now he's getting what he wants. He, Mark Tuan, is getting married to the love of his life, Suzy Bae, and they're both certain they would share a wonderful lifetime together.