The Angel

Your Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina slowly opened her eyes. She rose up from the bed to  examine where she was, panicking a little.

Good she's sleeping on her bed. Not in a bed of a stranger. That means she went home safely last night, though she doesn't remember how she got inside her room.

The penguin sighed in relief.

The teacher returned back to her sleeping position with too much force. Her sudden movement triggered the effect of the alcohol she drank last night.

Mina felt like there's a roller coaster inside her head. She massage her forehead as she talks to herself.

"I shouldn't have drunk away my problem. How can I teach well later if I'm in this condition? I shouldn't let TaeHyung affect my job." She let out a sigh.

Mina really loves teaching. It is something she wants to do for the rest of her life.

She glanced up on the wall clock. 

5:30 am

Still early for her class today.

More time to sleep or maybe more time to think.

The happenings last night sinked inside the teacher's brain.

She saw her boyfriend TaeHyung cheating on her yesterday, the day of their anniversary.

Her already broken heart was crushed into pieces once again as she remembered how that woman kissed her boyfriend.

How long has been TaeHyung cheating on her?

She hugged her pillow tighter as she avoid herself from tearing up again.

She felt something vibrating inside her pocket, suprised a bit because of the shaking of her phone. She reached out for it to look who was calling so early in the morning.

She saw the caller's name.

TaeHyung

She pushed hard the end call. 

Then she saw how many calls she missed from her ex-boyfriend:

30

Why did TaeHyung called several times? Does he want to get her back? Maybe no because TaeHyung didn't go after her yesterday when she ran away.

Or Does he want to explain why he did this to her? No explanation was acceptable for what he did.

She turned off her phone instantly in irritation.

She pulled up her blanket on top of her to go back to sleep until she realized that wasn't the only thing that happened last night.

She rose up from her bed. Again.

There was an angel-like girl that was falling down on her feet from the sky and that girl had kissed her on the lips all of a sudden. 

The thought made her blush.

Mina shook her head rapidly as she tighten her grip to her blanket.

'No, Mina. It was just a dream okay? A dream that should be bury 12 to the power of 3 times 50 to the power of 5 feet deep in your memories.' The algebra teacher convinced herself. She scratched her head in confusion.

Mina paused her movement as she stared down the floor.

'But why does it felt so real?'

She unconsciously touched her lips. She imagined how the girl pressed her lips gently against her. Those pair of lips was really soft, softer than her jerk ex-boyfriend's lips to be honest.

Red tint formed on her face.The penguin teacher looked like a tomato now.

"Okay, enough. It was all just a dream." She convinced herself once again as she got up from the bed, making her way out of her room. 

Mina decided to cook something for her breakfast so she went straight to the kitchen. 

The penguin teacher stopped on her tracks as she saw that there's a someone in the kitchen, in front of the stove. The suspicious person was facing her back to her so she can't see her face. But one thing was for sure, the suspicious person is a girl because of her hair and she's wearing Mina's favorite T-shirt and shorts. It's oversize for the girl's petite body. 

It can't be her mother since she was often away from home due to her business trip. She was always left alone in their house since she was a kid but that's another story. Plus, the suspicious girl look shorter than her mother.

Though Mina's a lot taller than the suspicious person, she shouldn't let her guard down. She need to protect her own life. We don't know what she's capable to do.

She quietly grabbed the broom beside her to avoid getting the attention of the suspicious person. She needs a weapon to use for self-defense.

She raised up the broom above her head, ready to protect herself if the suspicious person was planning to do something bad to her.

"H-how did you get inside my house? W-what are you doing here?" Mina asked nervously, keeping the facade of being brave. 

"I'll call the police." She threatened.

The suspicious girl stopped what she was doing. She raised up both of her hands in the air, surrendering herself.

"I'm just cooking something for the princess. Please put down that thing you humans use for sweeping." The stranger answered without looking back.

'How come this girl know I am holding a broom? Does she have eye at the back of her head? And she called me 'you humans', isn't she a human too? This girl is weird.' The teacher thought as she raised up her eyebrow. She put down the broom she was holding. 

The girl turned her back to face Mina. Mina was too shock to speak as she take a good look of the suspicious person.

It was the angel she saw last night in what she believes just a 'dream'.

She felt her face heating up.

The angel's face lighten up as she see Mina. She immediately came to kiss Mina on the lips like she did last night in her 'dream'. Mina froze on her feet at the sudden affection. 

"Just wait for your breakfast. It's my first time in cooking so let me finish this in peace, princess. I don't want to burn it." She pointed at the egg in the frying pan. The angel went back cooking. 

'Princess? Why is she calling me a princess?' 

"You know what princess? I just learned how to cook and it's all thanks to this Book of Earth Knowledge." The angel snapped her finger and in just a blink of an eye, the book appeared floating in front of her.

"Okay let's see if what I'm doing is right." She glanced at the book.

"Put a little bit of salt. Wait what is salt?" The angel questioned the book as if it is a living thing.

"Salt is usually whitish crystalline solid, chiefly sodium chloride, used extensively in ground or granulated form as a food seasoning and preservative." She read aloud. The angel pointed at the transparent jar filled with white rocks at the cabinet above her head.

"Is this the salt princess?" She asked Mina cheerfully.

Mina can't believe what she just saw. Her eyes widened in horror.

The book was floating.

Mina turned off the stove before she pulled the angel by the arm, not even bothering if she's hurting the girl.

The angel grunt in pain. Mina's hold was too tight. She continued to pull her until they reach the entrance door. She opened it and then she push the girl out of her house. 

"What's the problem princess?" The angel flashed her puppy eyes.

Before Mina could reply, she felt pang in her head. She rubbed her forehead as she hold onto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter