The Algebra Teacher

Your Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first day of school in Seoul High, a prestigious school in South Korea.

Students are already inside their respective classrooms.

Sunlight rays were persistently entering the rooms.

The freshman students are waiting for their homeroom teacher.

Some are reading their books.

Some has earphones on, listening to music to pass time.

The others are talking to their new classmates to make friends.

While the students were busy, the sliding door opened gently. The students turned their heads towards the door. A woman entered in.

She was wearing a black knee-length tight skirt and white long sleeves polo matching with high heels. Her silky long hair was on ponytail, leaving some of her bangs resting on her forehead. A medium framed glasses was covering her eyes. She has a leather shoulder bag clinging on her shoulder.

She looked around as she walked towards her table. She put down her bag on the hard surface. She smiled shyly to her new students as she adjusted her glasses a little. She introduced herself softly.

"Class, good morning. I'm Myoui Mina. You can call me Miss Mina. I'm a Japanese but I moved here in Korea when I was 13. I will be your teacher in Algebra for this school year. You're the first class I will be teaching so I hope we could get along for the whole year. Please take care of me."

She smiled brightly. A kind of smile that you would never give to a complete stranger. It seems like this teacher was really approachable. Not to mention, very pretty and delicate.

The boys stared in awe. The teacher in front of them was so gorgeous. If you have a teacher like her, you'll surely go to school everyday.

The girls seems to admire the teacher as well because they are whispering words to each other like,

"She is so pretty." 

"She looks like a doll."

"Her hair looks silky."

"Her figure is to die for."

And many other praises about her appearance.

"So class, do you want to ask anything about me? Don't be shy. I want you all to know more about me." 

A guy raised up his hand.

"You stand up. What's your name?" The penguin teacher asked.

"I'm Kim Jongin." He said shyly as he rubbed the back of his neck. He looked like a gradeschooler in front of his huge crush.

"So what is it?"

"Uhmm Miss Mina do you have a boyfriend?" The boy asked.

The other guys were suprised by their classmate's question but inside of them, they were celebrating because they were dying to know too. 

The teacher blinked her eyes a few times before the question sinked in to her.

"That was too sudden. I'll still answer it anyway."

The students were waiting eagerly for her answer as they pray that she doesn't have one.

"Yes. I have." She answered happily.

Her reply made the male students' energy suddenly drained.

Miss Mina is taken.

Why did they even bother to ask? A girl as beautiful as her surely has a boyfriend. 

"Uhmm what's wrong class?" The clueless teacher asked.

She was unaware of the several hearts she broke just in one day. The male students just let out sighs of defeat.

That guy must be a great person to make Miss Mina fall in love with him.

A girl raised up her hand. Mina pointed at her and she signalled her to stand up.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Kim Dahyun." She smiled brightly as she introduced herself.

"Miss Mina do you do modeling? You really look like one." 

Mina blushed as she heard the compliment.

"W-what's with you guys? S-shouldn't you ask me about my educational background or why I choose to become a teacher first?" The algebra teacher stuttered.

The students chuckled.

Miss Mina isn't only pretty, she's also cute.

"No, I never did modeling. Okay, that's enough. I'll check the attendance before we proceed to our lesson."

She took the attendance sheet out of her bag.

"Just say present if you're here." She started calling the male students first.

Everyone is present.

Then she moved on to girls.

The roll call was flowing smoothly until she reached this certain girl.

"Son ChaeYoung?"

No one answered.

"Is Son ChaeYoung not here?" She asked again.

She looked around the room this time. Every seat. Every corner. Still no answer.

'It is the first day of school but why does this girl is absent.'

After the roll call, Mina made her students give a short self-introduction of themselves one-by-one in front of the class. Their name, age, and their dreams and plans for the future.

Then she proceeds to teach the introductions of algebra since it's only the first day. She started it off on basic parts like the variables and exponent. The school bell rang just exactly after her lesson.

The students immediately packed up their things before they go to their next room for their next subject. They greeted their teacher Mina before they went out.

After that, she taught four more classes until the afternoon. She went straight to the faculty and she rest down on her seat. She reached for her bottled water to quench her thirst.

A handsome guy came near to her.

"You did a great job on your first day, Miss Myoui. As expected from the top notcher of this year's board exam." Chan Yeol praised her as he flashed his charming smile.

Park Chan Yeol is a new teacher like Mina in Seoul High. He's also in the top ten of this year's board exam. They were classmates back in college.

"Thank you, ChanYeol." She smiled back to him.

"Wait. I have something for you." Chan Yeol went back to his table to get something and he came back to Mina with it.

"Here. Eat this." ChanYeol hand out a piece of red apple as he scratched the back of his head, looking away from Mina. She took it. The guy blushed.

"Uhmm Take care. I'll go home first. Bye!" He ran out of the faculty before Mina could utter her thank you. She was left alone inside the faculty office.

'That ChanYeol. He's acting weird again.'

She took a bite of her apple. Mina smiled to herself as she ate her favorite fruit.

She thought how successful her first da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter