the return.

heart without a beat.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time heals. That’s what people said, and what Kyungsoo liked to believe. Because, after all, it had already been seven years.

 

Everything changes. That’s what others told him, but Jongin firmly believed that love stayed the same.

 

Six years ago, she finally accepted the fact that he was gone, and allowed what she had once thought was unfailing love to flicker and die out. She distanced herself from others, and forced herself to be immune to emotions and feelings of all sort. All of this was because of one man.

 

The man who, after so many years of effort and pain, was still etched deeply into her heart.

 

The man who, despite hurting her repeatedly with words and actions, was still capable of making her heart flutter.

 

The man who, after seven long years of torturous waiting, had decided to come home.

 

She was sitting at her desk, knitting a scarf for Christmas as a free hand occasionally flipped a page in the new book she had found in the library that afternoon.

 

Three soft raps echoed through the empty living room, and she stood up. Wiping her hands on her jeans, she smoothed her hair and opened the front door, plastering a smile on her face.

 

The door was immediately slammed shut in his face as her slippered feet flew back to her room and to the safety of the clicking of knitting needles and the fluttering of pages.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter