Final!

You shoudn't let it slip

It is their casual Saturday night. Dinner with him, in their favorite restaurant, with their favorite food and drink on their favorite table, near the window. Summer hits quiet hard with a very bright sun in the day and a damp summer breeze which blows through their windows in the night. The air conditioner inside this restaurant doesn't quite help cooling the air around them and people still smile happily, talk to each other, either with friends or wives or husbands. Sunggyu is sitting there, on their favorite table, facing Nam Woohyun, who's eating his food. His blue colored drink untouched and he still not eating his food, Woohyun wonders what it is in this guy's head.

This man just glanced at him when Woohyun came, late for almost 1 hour or more, Sunggyu lost count, when he decided to stop hoping his boyfriend to come on time. Woohyun must be had pile up of files on his desk back to his office and decided to finished it before go to their dinner appointment.

Woohyun tried his best to arrive faster after he realized he already late for 20 minutes. When he arrived at the restaurant, Sunggyu was sat on their table and he looked... Woohyun just didn't know what expression the man had. Upset? Annoyed? Disappointed? Angry? One of them maybe fit but it can be all of them flashing on his face when he saw Woohyun pushed open the door of restaurant. Woohyun tried to smile but he heard Sunggyu scoffed and his eyes didn't spare any gaze to Woohyun, he simply gaze at his food.

"Hey, I'm sorry for the late..." He trailed of his words as he pulls out his chair, "I have so many files, I need to check and revise that," Woohyun opens his mouth for the first time. He looks so guilty and Sunggyu sighs.

"You need to tell me if you want to do your works first, so I didn't need to came here first and waited for you."

"Its 25 minutes late from our appointment. I've been  late for 1 hour or more, remember? Another 25 minutes are not a problem right?" Woohyun tries to argument along with a little smile-he thinks maybe can soothe Sunggyu's hard face-and stupid it was so stupid.

Sunggyu suddenly stands up from his chair, his face expressionless as he walks to the cashier. Woohyun still sits there, turns his body to see what Sunggyu does and shock by what he sees. Sunggyu pulling out his wallet and pays for their meals,  even he barely touch his food and Woohyun only had one bite. He stands and runs for Sunggyu, when he saw Sunggyu already out from the restaurant and his face... Woohyun swear he saw something weird on his man face.

"Gyu! Hey!" He calls his boyfriend as Sunggyu walks faster.

"What happen? We need to eat our food, babe," Woohyun finally reaches Sunggyu's right hand and turns him.

"Go eat alone, I lost my appetite," it's cold his voice is so cold, Woohyun frowns.

"What? Are you angry with me now?" Stupidness is Nam Woohyun.

"Actually, Hyun, I'm tired of this and you know what, you can eat alone after this."

Woohyun's frowns deeper and deeper as he is considering what makes his boyfriend so cold and sunggyu's words are make his grip on Sunggyus arms loose. "Why you said that?" He is so clueless

"Goddamn nam! I waited for you 1 hour, you stupid bastard! Didn't you forget your watch is already broke and it was like late for 20 minutes!" Sunggyu shouted at his face as his eyes glistening with something Woohyun never sees before. Yet he hears Sunggyu’s words cut a little of his heart.

"Damn, I forgot about that. I'm sorry, okay?" Woohyun says. He feels little bit guilty.

" you," and Sunggyu yanks his hand from Woohyun, walks forward.

"Gyu! I'm sorry! I forgot about my broken watch and I already told you, I have so many works in my office. Don't you understand? And who said you can say that f word to me?!" He shouts to Sunggyu's back.

He sees Sunggyu halts on his way and facing him again, this time Woohyun sees that clear crystal on his boyfriend's eyes and face. He wipes it but, Woohyun already saw that and it makes him halts too, not to so far.

"You can eat with your files, babe. I'm done. If you ever consider our relationship is serious, will you do this to me? I guess it's only me who struggle up on our relationship. Do you remember how many times you did this to me? I don’t care, I can say what I want!" Sunggyu 's voice feels like a whisper, dark whisper yet his words so strong, it hits hard this time. After it, Sunggyu’s face turns weary. Woohyun wants to touch and caress it. Make all of his weariness gone.

"I.... I'm sorry okay? My works, I can left them untouched," his words sound so empty compare to sunggyu words. Woohyun can't find any another reason to justify his action and he reply with the same reason.

"I don't know, Hyun. I feel like... I can’t stand anymore, with you make me as your second priority, when what I’m doing is contradiction of what you do…” his tone is so low, Woohyun barely can hear it, but still he can hear it, his last words,  “maybe, I just don't love you no more."

His heart beats faster than the first time he knew Sunggyu would be his. It feels like his heart fall free to his guts, makes him nausea and dizzy and then it jumps out from the original place on the dark asphalt under his feet. His hands feel cold despite the weather is full of dampness. His frowns long gone and something piles up in his eyes. Sunggyu walks away after he said it and Woohyun feels like a fool. Roof of world down on him, crushing his body along with his empty body as he sees the distance between he and Sunggyu wider and wider.

But he thinks, he will try it tomorrow, when Sunggyu already calm, he will try to apologize and find another reason to made up their relationship, not knowing Sunggyu already too far and already too late for him to turn this around.