I Like You - Part 5

I Like You
 

Part 5

 

“Hey, are you okay? You’ve been staring at that for the past hour.”

 

Krystal blinks and looks up. “Sorry Oppa, did you say something?”

 

Yunho frowned. “You’ve been spacing out since I’ve been here. What’s up?”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?” Krystal sits up and moves the package in her lap to the side.

 

“That.” Yunho points at the package and walks over to pick it up, much to Krystal’s protest. “What is this that’s so important you don’t even talk to me anymore?” He flips it over and reads the writing on the package. “Seriously? This snack is more important to you than me?” He asks in disbelief when Krystal grabs the package out of his hands.

 

“Don’t be silly, Oppa.” Krystal walks over to her bag and stores the snack away safely.

 

It’s been a week since she went on that dinner and movie date with Amber, and Krystal was growing a bit depressed by the fact that Amber hasn’t invited her out again. They’ve ran into each other a few times in the building but they only ever exchange short greetings and that was it. There were many times Krystal wanted to text Amber but it always ends up with her writing a text, deleting it, writing it again, staring at it and then never sending it. She just couldn’t bring herself to actually send a text to Amber first, even if it was something as simple as a “hi”. A part of her was secretly waiting for Amber to text her first because that would show she missed her.

 

“See. You’re ignoring me again.”

 

“Huh?” Krystal shakes her head and looks over at a pouting Yunho.

 

“I just don’t get it. You used to fawn over and cling to me all the time.”

 

“Don’t pout, Oppa. You look ugly when you do that.”

 

“You see what I mean? Where’s the love?”

 

“Stop exaggerating, Oppa.” Krystal rolls her eyes.

 

“It’s because of that!” Yunho marched towards Krystal’s bag with a finger pointed accusingly at the content inside. “I’m gonna eat it!”

 

“Ah, you can’t!” Krystal quickly jumps in front to block his way.

 

“Why not?” Yunho tried to go around the girl but couldn’t.

 

“It’s mine!”

 

“So? Share!”

 

“Don’t be so childish, Oppa!”

 

“You’re the one being childish by not sharing! Sharing is caring! Haven’t you heard of that?”

 

“I’m not sharing with you, Oppa. You can’t have any.” Krystal turns and picks up her bag then moves to the other side of the room.

 

Yunho crosses his arms. There’s definitely something about that bag of mango-flavored snack Krystal wasn’t telling him.

 

“I’ll buy you another bag.”

 

“No.”

 

“Three bags.”

 

“No.”

 

“No?” Yunho couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “You’re saying no to three bags of your favorite snack? Okay, what did you do with the real Jung Soojung?”

 

“Ha.Ha.” Krystal laughed dryly.

 

Yunho huffed and walked to the couch to sit down. “You’re no fun.”

 

“Oh, excuse me. I didn’t realize I existed for your amusement, Oppa.”

 

Yunho raised an eyebrow. “Well look at you. Getting bolder, I see. What’s so special about the bag you have that you would say no to getting three additional bags?”

 

“Nothing.” Krystal blushed and looked away.

 

Yunho noticed the pink cheeks and became even more curious. He narrowed his eyes at Krystal across the room and observes her quietly for a good few minutes. It seemed like forever when Yunho suddenly snapped his finger and hopped up from the couch. “I got it.” He points a finger at Krystal. “It’s from someone you like. You got a boyfriend.”

 

Krystal hears the first part and almost drops her bag in surprise. From someone I like? she wondered to herself.

 

“Wait. You have a boyfriend?” Yunho asked after realizing what he just said. “When? I thought I was the only guy in your life?” A pause. “Who is he? Do I know him? When did you guys start dating? I want to meet him.” He was sounding more and more like a father. “How old is he? What does he do? Is he—”

 

“Oppa! Stop!” Krystal had to yell to get his attention. “I’m not dating anyone. Relax.”

 

“Oh, whew, that’s good,” Yunho sighs in relief as he sits back down. “I was worried for a moment.”

 

Krystal shakes her head at the man – always the dramatic one despite his outer appearance. “What does my dating have anything to do with you?”

 

“Hey now, of course it has everything to do with me. I have to approve of the person before you can date each other.”

 

“Says who?”

 

“Says me.”

 

Krystal scoffed but was secretly grateful for Yunho’s overprotective but caring gesture. They always had a close relationship, almost like siblings, and she could never imagine a world without him.

 

“So,” Yunho tilts his head. “Care to tell me why you won’t share the snack with me? If it’s not from your boyfriend, then who is it from?”

 

“Just a friend,” Krystal answered honestly. Her thoughts go back to what Yunho said earlier about it being from someone she likes.

 

“And who is this friend? Does this friend of yours have a name?”

 

“Everyone has a name, Oppa.”

 

“Hey, don’t get smart with me.”

 

Krystal stuck her tongue out.

 

There was a moment of silence before Yunho gestured with his hand for Krystal to come over.

 

“What?” Krystal asked.

 

“Come here.”

 

“No.”

 

“Come here,” Yunho repeated.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just come here.”

 

Krystal narrowed her eyes at the man. “No, you’re gonna hit me.”

 

Yunho pretended to look shocked. “Wha— that’s preposterous. I would never hit you.”

 

“Yeah, right,” Krystal chuckles.

 

Yunho was about to reply when the door to the practice room opened.

 

“Hey, Yunho. The CEO’s looking for you. Got a minute?”

 

“Yeah.” Yunho pushes himself up and heads for the door. But before he leaves, he turns and points a finger at Krystal. “We’re not done. I’m going to find out who this friend of yours is when I come back.”

 

Krystal only shrugs.

 

The door soon closes and she’s the only one left in the practice room.

 

With a sigh, Krystal walks over to the couch and sits down. It was actually her day off today so she could leave whenever she wanted to. She only came to the agency because she had nothing better to do and didn’t feel like being cooped up inside her apartment. Yunho was practicing but at least he could keep her company. Plus, she was kind of hoping to run into Amber today. Not much luck there, unfortunately.

 

Krystal sighed again as she placed her bag down next to her after holding it protectively for the last ten minutes. She was about to take a book out to read when she noticed Yunho’s cell phone partially wedged in between the couch cushions.

 

“Must’ve fallen out,” Krystal mumbles to herself as she pulls the device out. A bright idea then hatched inside her head. Since she has his phone, why not put up weird pictures on his SNS and then send them to his friends. It was the perfect revenge.

 

Krystal was in the middle of looking through his phone and laughing to herself when something else popped up in her head. Yunho and Amber are pretty close, aren’t they? Doesn’t that mean he would have her number on his phone? And they would talk or message each other often?

 

And just like that, Krystal forgot her revenge plan and started browsing through the contacts list for Amber’s name. When she eventually found it, she tapped on the message icon. It immediately brought up their past conversations. The most recent one was dated yesterday around 10pm.

 

Hyung. I can’t sleep. Wanna play some ball?      10:03pm

 

Again? I swear, you and your insomnia will be the death of me.       10:07pm

 

Hehe  :P      10:08pm

 

You won’t be laughing when you make me leave my soon-to-be-wife all alone in this world.      10:10pm

 

Stop being so dramatic, Hyung. It’s not good for your health.      10:11pm

 

Krystal chuckled to herself at Amber’s comment. People who don’t know Yunho don’t know that he’s a complete drama king and loves to exaggerate just about everything. But of course that’s just him trying to be funny most of the time.

 

After reading the rest of the conversation, Krystal wondered to herself if she should use Yunho’s phone to text Amber and ask her to come over. Then she could see Amber and pretend to be surprised. That would save her from stressing on whether she should text Amber first or not. It’s a win-win situation.

 

“Okay, I’m gonna do it.” Krystal straightened up and began tapping on the screen.

 

Hey Amber, I’m in the practice room. Want to come over?

 

No no. Krystal shook her head. That sounds too formal.

 

Hey, I’m practicing right now. Come over and join me. It’ll be fun!

 

Come over and join me? It’ll be fun? Who even talks like that? Krystal quickly deleted the message.

 

Hey, I’m practicing in the practice room right now. Come practice with me.

 

No. Delete.

 

Yo, practicing now. Come over.

 

Delete.

 

“Ugh, why is this so hard?” Krystal asked herself in frustration. “I need to think like Yunho oppa. How would he text Amber?”

 

Krystal tapped her chin in thought. She eventually settled on a text she felt was decent enough to send.

 

Hey, you busy today? I’m in the practice room rehearsing. Come over if you have nothing to do.

 

It wasn’t really better than the ones before but it’ll have to do. Right as Krystal was about to press send, she suddenly went back and added one more thing to the text even though it was unnecessary.

 

Hey, you busy today? I’m in the practice room rehearsing. Come over if you have nothing to do. Krystal’s here too.

 

“And send.” Krystal taps the screen then nervously stares at it for a reply.

 

She was so focused on what she had been doing that she completely forgot the fact that Yunho could be returning at any moment. It wasn’t until the door suddenly opened that Krystal jerked her head up in shock and hastily threw the phone in her hand towards the opposite end of the couch. She then grabbed the book from her bag and opened it to a random page.

 

Yunho, who had opened the door, was talking to someone in the hallway so he had his head turned away. Therefore, he did not witness a panicking Krystal.

 

“Okay, thanks man. I’ll talk to you later.”

 

Krystal was gripping the edge of the book so hard her hands were slightly trembling. Is this what it feels like to do something bad? Though technically, she didn’t do anything bad per se.

 

From the corner of her eye, Krystal could see Yunho walking in after bidding whoever was in the hall goodbye. He closed the door behind him and started walking towards her.

 

“I’m back~” He sang as he took a seat next to Krystal. “Now tell me.”

 

“Tell you what?” Krystal tried to feign ignorance.

 

“The friend who gave you the snack.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Don’t you have to practice?”

 

“Not until you tell me—”

 

Just then, the door to the practice room opened and in stepped Amber.

 

Krystal’s eyes widen in horror. The timing couldn’t be any worse at the moment.

 

“Amber?” Yunho stands up from the couch. “What’re you doing here?”

 

Amber smiled and waved at the two. “You te—”

 

“B-B-BUG!” Krystal yelped and hopped up from the couch, pretending to be scared. But in reality, there was no bug.

 

“Where?” Amber immediately rushed over to kill it. She looked around the area Krystal was at but didn’t find anything. “I don’t see it. Where was it?”

 

“It’s gone...” Krystal was amazed at Amber’s quick response and felt guilty for lying about there being a bug. Even Yunho who was closer wasn’t fast enough.

 

“You’re such a girl,” Yunho chuckled and Krystal shot him a glare.

 

“I am a girl.”

 

Yunho raised his hands in surrender then walked to the center of the practice room. “Hey Amber, since you’re here, tell me what you think of this routine.”

 

“Sure.” Amber walked over and soon, the two were engrossed in dancing and discussing the choreography. For Amber to get to the practice room so quickly, she must’ve been somewhere in the building. But luckily, all seemed to be forgotten.

 

Krystal let out a sigh of relief as she slumped back down on the couch. She felt like she lost ten years of her life just now. Never would she do this again. It was too risky. And just in case, Krystal even discretely retrieved Yunho’s phone from the end of the couch while the two weren’t looking and deleted the message she sent Amber earlier. To be safe.

 

Mentally exhausted, Krystal eventually dozed off.

 

 

 

-----

End of Part 5.

 

Going to sleep now but I might post up part 6 tmr after work :) Depending on how I feel (too tired to do it now) lol

But there's definitely more progression and more kryber ❤❤❤  (yay for kryber!)