Chapter 3

Salvation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks since school started and I am starting to enjoy it. 

I have met CL on the third day of school. At first meeting, she was indifferent and I was intimidated as she has this bad girl vibe around her but I found out that she's just quiet. She doesn't talk too much like Dara did. She's the opposite. Dara is like an open book, CL seems to be more secretive. Well, I'm not to judge, as I have my own secrets too. Though I have them as my friends, I'm still scared of being touched. CL noticed that the first time we've met, Dara didn't. Dara's a touchy person and I'm still working on not to flinch too much when she gets way into my personal space. I am unsure, but knowing the both them makes me feel secured, the way running makes me feel.

Suprisingly, Han Byul and I are doing well inspite of what I expected when I moved in with them. She seems to  have an idea on what I was going through, though she doesn't ask or say anything about it. She just lets me do my thing.

My relationship with my Dad is still the same. He doesn't interfere with me as long as I go to school and study hard. I already gave up the idea of working and just let my Dad support me financially as long as he gets off my back.

Everyday is still the same for me. I will wake up in the early morning from a bad dream, and shakes it off by running. 

I never see TOP again at the park since that day, I only see him in school. We have the same Chemistry class along with Dara. I also learned the name of the other three guys he was with. Taeyang (mohawk guy), Seungri (panda eyes) and Daesung (chinky eyes). They don't look bad news to me at all like what Dara keep on telling me. As I observed, Taeyang and Daesung are pretty decent and I think they are very nice. They both have the same French class as I am. Seungri is mischievous, too playful. He flirts a lot and I think, he annoys the hell out of CL. I can't blame her though. I myself is kind of annoyed with him too. With Jiyong, I'm a bit surprised. Dara said he's the evil spawn, he's kinda dark, I admit, but seemed to be an okay guy still. He's somehow like TOP, quiet and mysterious. He only misbehaves when Dara is around. He's restrained when he's not. In my opinion, Jiyong likes Dara . When I told Dara about that. She went berserk on me. Literally. I think Dara likes Jiyong too, but hey, who am I to say?

Today, I decided to spend lunch time under the maple tree which is located at the very center of the courtyard. I sat against the side of the tree that faces the cafeteria area. From my location, I can watch everyone at the picnic tables. 

I opened the brown bag Han Byul gave to me early this morning. She said that it looks like I'm losing weight, I look to thin. Hah! If she could only see how big my tummy is. I didn't comment though, I just say my thanks and carried the bag out. I know she meant well, and suprisingly, I find it comforting. 

As I check the contents of my lunch, I heard my phone beeped. It was Dara.

I read her text. "Where are you?"

"Outside. Maple tree." I replied. The three of us have the same Literature class before lunch. However, Dara and CL needed to go the Library to get something. We agreed to meet back up to the cafeteria.

Within a minute or two, I spotted CL walking towards me, a bottle of soda in hand. 

"Hey," she greeted and dropped herself beside me, few inches away.

It was awkard, but pleasant at the same time. "Where's Dara?" 

She opened her bottle soda, drank it and once done, pointed her lips upfront. I followed the direction of her lips and catched Dara ahead, with DongHae at her side, the two of them talking away earnestly. DongHae, as I learned, was Dara's friend since first grade. At first, if you see them together, you'll think that they are together, together. However, Dara keeps on insisting that they are just close friends. Too close, if you ask me. 

I was about to go back on rummaging my lunch bag when I notice something, or someone, moved from the right side. I see Jiyong marching up to them. He doesn't look too happy. To engross, I abandoned my lunch bag and watched. As Jiyong got closer, his face changes. He's now smiling, more of smirking, and was saying something to Dara and DongHae. I can't hear them as they were a bit far, but I got the impression that Jiyong, being Jiyong with Dara, said something nasty as DongHae's face contorted in a disgusted way. He barks back at Jiyong, but Jiyong just laughed at him, spoke again after that Dara started shouting, collecting stares from everyone.

I looked at CL at my left side, giving her a questioning look. She just shrugged at me, drank her soda, lean back and close her eyes. As I look back to the three of them, I notice that DongHae pushed Jiyong back. Jiyong stood where he at and just taunt DongHae more. Dara sensing a fight, hold DongHae back and said something. She may have told DongHae to let go and ignore Jiyong as the former walks away. Dara faced Jiyong, shouted at him more and walked out as well. Jiyong doesn't seemed fazed with it and just laughs out loud. 

Dara was at my side a few seconds later, angrily collapsing at my side.

I looked at her and asks, "You okay?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter