Him, Her and the Contract

It Started With A Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Jung Taekwoon, that's his name. He's a quiet man who keeps things to himself. He was known as the cold city man; with his aloof image, no one had the guts to approach him and ask him to be his friend nor his acquaintance. He was cold, he never let anyone enter his shell, he shuts everyone off, including his parents.

 

 

          Jung Wonshik and Jung Hakyeon, his parents made sure that their children grows up with full of love and dreams. Taekwoon WAS his parents' source of happiness. Being the oldest between the two, he managed to make his parents proud of him by bringing home the gold -- awards after awards, it was all awarded to him for being the top student in his school. He used to be an outgoing person, he made sure that everyone he meets, becomes his friend. He was the most approachable and friendliest person in his university. At 22, he's already in his last year in university, taking up busines and finance. Jung Wonshik has been training him to take over the CEO position at Jung Corp. when Taekwoon graduates.

 

 

          Jung Hakyeon was a plain housewife and a mother of two, who makes sure that her kids and her husband eats healthy meals a day with snacks in between. She was once Wonshik's secretary, appointed by Wonshik's father. Both fell in love and eventually got married. Even if she's already the CEO's wife, she continued working by her husband's side but eventually stopped when she got pregnant with Taekwoon. She decided to just stay at home and be a hands-on mother. She doesn't want her kids to grow up without guidance and make them feel unloved. Being the CEO is not an easy job for Wonshik, and at the same time a father and a husband. But nonetheless, he made sure he's home on or before 6pm and weekends are alotted for his family.

 

 

          Taekwoon always wanted to be an older brother. He felt lonely playing by himself. Sure, his parents plays with him, but he wanted to play as an older brother who protects and be his younger brother/sister's knight and shining armour. And yes, what Taekwoon wants, Taekwoon gets. He was 12 when his mother gave birth to a healthy baby boy they named, Jung Sanghyuk. Taekwoon can never be happier. As Sanghyuk grows older, the more he has been attached to his Woonie hyung. He looks up to him and has been following his path, because as he quote, 'Woonie hyung is my role model and I just want to be just like him!' With a gap of 10 years, he adores his little brother so much. He showered him with love and presents. Whatever Sanghyuk wants, his Taekwoon hyung made sure that he gets everything.

 

          Jung parents were really blessed -- having kids who rarely fights, their company is soaring high, they couldn't ask for more. But it all went down the drain when Taekwoon's girl friend, Jung Eunji got into an accident and died on the spot. Since then, Taekwoon shut everyone off. Neither Hakyeon nor Wonshik was able to break the invisble wall he created. Only one person managed to get into his shell, and that is his baby brother, Sanghyuk. At the age of 12, Sanghyuk dramatically matured. He forced himself to mature up so he can help his beloved hyung who succumbed himself into the dark. Sanghyuk was his light; his comfort when he's in pain.

 

 

          Ever since, the happy Taekwoon everyone knew in the university became the distant and aloof Taekwoon. No one dared to talk to him, scared that they might anger him off. Since then, Taekwoon lost all his friends. He graduataed at 23, his parents and Sanghyuk were happy, but not him. A month after he graduated, he immediately took the position of CEO and made himself a workaholic to forget the pain that Eunji left him with.

 

 

           Lee Jaehwan, that's her name. A 20-year old happy-go-lucky gal despite the status she's in. She started working at a young age so she could support herself and her younger cousin, Lee Hongbin. Jaehwan had no problems when it comes to school, she's a scholarship holder, thus her fees are free since highschool and now, in college, thanks to Jung Corp, and so does Hongbin. Both were thankful that they were chosen, because according to CEO Jung Wonshik, 'Both have potentials to I'm be willing to help. And in the future, I want you both to work in my company.'

 

 

           The money that Jaehwan earns at the convenient store that she's currently working for part time is for her and Hongbin's daily expenses. Hongbin is 10 years younger than Jaehwan. Both cousins lost their parents in an accident when Jaehwan was 15 and Hongbin was 10. Jaehwan promised her parents and Hongbin's that she'd take responsibility of the younger. She treated the younger as her sister, and not just a cousin.

 

 

           It was hard at first; since both families live in the same house, they had no properties to sell for money. The only source of money they had was their parents' savings. Instead of using the money in the bank, Jaehwan decided to keep it as it is and would be used for emergency purposes only. She started working at the convenience store and was able to save up for her and Hongbin's daily expenses.

 

 

           Jaehwan was a ball of sunshine; everyone in her university likes her bright persona. Her smiles were contagious, and it made half of the male population bow down to her. Some even had the guts to ask her out, but she turns them down, with the reason of she's not interested. But it didn't make them go away, instead, it made them want to try harder to make her fall for them.

 

 

           It's true that she's not interested, because she already has her eyes on one guy -- Jung  Taekwoon. But she thinks that Taekwoon doesn't know that she exists; when in fact he does.

 

           "Taekwoon-ah."

 

 

           Taekwoon is in his office when his father came. He looked up and a smile was plastered on Wonshik's face. The older placed two folders on the table and spoke, "Adul, since you're the CEO now, I want you to pay attention to this two -- Lee Jaehwan and  Lee Hongbin." The younger took the folders and scanned the papers in both. "Appa, these two, are they one of our scholars?"

 

 

           "Ne, adul. They're cousins and they're extraordinary. I want you to take them in our company once they graduate. Jaehwan is already on her last year in the university. She's so smart, considering that she skipped a couple of years and will be graduating at 20. Take her in the company, adul-ah. We don't want to waste her talents, right?"

 

 

           "What position appa?"

 

 

           "Your secretary."

 

 

           "Appa, I can do well by myself."

 

 

           "I know that, son. But sometimes, you need someone to take some burden off of your shoulders, hmm?"

 

 

           "I get it, appa. You want me to marry her, just like you and eomma." Taekwoon sighed. "You know very well appa that Eunji owns my heart, up until now. And it's not that easy to move on from her. I don't want to, either."

 

 

           "Son, I'm actually hoping that you two could get along. Jaehwan might be a strong girl but I think she still needs someone to hold and support her emotionally. And that person could be you, Taekwoon-ah. And you need someone to cheer you up, and she's the perfect one for that, considering the happy aura that surrounds her."

 

 

           "I can't promise you appa. But I'll take her in." Taekwoon agreed even if he doesn't want to, just to stop his dad from nagging. Wonshik smiled and bade good bye as he walked out of Taekwoon's office.

 

 

           "Eonni, eonni! Look at this!" Hongbin excitedly entered Jaehwan's bedroom holding an envelop. It has been 2 weeks since Jaehwan graduated from University and she immediately applied and sent her resume at Jung Corp. as ordered by Jung Wonshik himsel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter