Ulleung do - Part 1

Breakup Warnings

From a far a middle aged couple was seen wearing the Sinchon Tours sticker. You raised your flag and waved it slightly. You smiled at the couple as they walked towards you.

"Hello, I am Kim Yubin, your tour guide for your Ulleung do trip. It's nice to meet you."

"I am Mr. Kang, and my wife. You can call me Gary if you like, we're from Australia"

As the group of tourist continued to grow, you met with each new arriving guest and introduced yourself.

"Hello everyone, welcome to the Ulleung-do tour, we are still waiting on one more guest. If you need to use the bathroom please do not hesitate, we will be boarding the plane soon."

You look at your checklist and see the missing tourist, *Ok Taecyeon* you dial the number and wait for him to pick up.

"Taecyon speaking, can I ask who's calling," he spoke in perfect english, you cleared your throat before responding.

"Hi, I'm Kim Yubin from Sinchon Travel Agency. We're about to board the flight, where are you exactly"

"Ah, I decided I will be meeting you there, I thought I told the manager that, maybe he didn't relay the message"

"Damn you Manager Kim" you said under your breath,

"Pardon"

"Uh Mr Ok, We will meet in Ulleung-do then. When you arrive call me so I can give you directions on where the tour is heading."

"Yes, that sounds great. See you soon."

*He's going to one heck of tourist, that's for sure* you sighed, feeling that this weekend without Beenzino would be longer than you thought.

 

The flight landed in Pohang as scheduled. You led your customers out of the airport and to where the tour bus was parked. The warm day reminded you of the Jeju-do vacations your regularly took with Beenzino back in your school days. You missed him and couldn't help but wish he had agreed to come along. As  the bus driver drove, you interpreted the places that passed by. You were confident in your English as you recited the history of the common tourist locations in Pohang. The bus stopped near the dock. You led the passengers onto the ferry remembering to keep track of everyone.

 

Finally at 9am, you arrived at the dock of Ulleung do. Allowing the passengers to take their belongings, you patiently waited for them to board the bus. The first stop was to drop off everyone at the Daea Ulleung Resort so that they could enjoy a seafood breakfast. As breakfast was coming to an end, your phone rang.

 

"Hello, Kim Yubin speaking"

"Hi, It's Taecyeon, we talked on the phone this morning,"

"Yes, we have just checked into the hotel, where are you at the moment"

"I am on the way to the hotel as well"

"Okay I will meet you in the lobby."

You decided to quicken the pace and to avoid getting off schedule you checked in for Taecyeon.

"Hello, I am Tour Guide Kim Yubin, I would like to check in for Ok Taecyeon"

"Okay give me a second"

"Here are your keys, the room is on the 7tth floor left of the elevators. Enjoy your stay at Ulleungdo"

"Thank you."

 

While waiting for Taecyeon you texted Beenzino,

-Jagiyaa, did you wake up yet?

 

You were drowsing off when you felt a weight on your shoulder,

"excuse me"

You turned to see a young well-built male stature in front of you. You stepped back realizing the minimal distant you had in between each other. Looking up to view his facial features this time, you were even more shocked from seeing his perfect complexion and bright smile. You uncontrollably let out a gasp and received a chuckle. Returning to the right mind, you let out a hand and introduced yourself.

"Hi, I'm Yubin. It's great to finally meet you"

"I'm Ok Taecyeon, but you can call me Taec. Please take care of me during this trip"

*Wow those manners with that perfect face, aren't I in luck* you said silently.

"Here is your room key, we're meeting in the lobby in 10 minutes, so if you would like to quickly put down your luggage"

"Ah okay, I'll see you soon"

 

While waiting for the remaining of the tourist to arrive from their respective hotel rooms, you looked over your cheat sheets for the upcoming ride to Mineral Spring Park. You were beginning to feel tired again, regretting partying too hard the night before. You felt your head throb.

 

On the bus ride you discussed with the tourists the many destinations that you would be visiting.

"So we are now heading to Mineral Springs Park where we will all be taking a cable cart up the mountain. Please feel free to ask me any questions." You were about to sit down when you heard someone call your name,

"Miss Yubin, I have a question" you turned and realized it was Taecyeon, you acknowledged his response and gestured for him to continue,

"What is the population of Ulleungdo?"

"It was last estimated to be 10 426" turning to sit down again,

"I have another question" you grunted before again gesturing for Taecyeon to continue. You looked at all the other tourists who were uninterested in his questions.

"How high is the mountain that we will be climbing later?"

"Approximately 350m" you stated confidently.

The ride was long as Taecyeon moved himself up towards the front of the bus and sat down next to you continuing to ask questions you had answers for. He was making this tour more difficult than it needed it to be.

At the bottom of the cable cart, you gestured everyone to get into pairs. You waited for everyone to go up before also entering an empty cart. You looked out the window at your destination. The wind was blowing the now golden leaves of the trees. Everything was just so beautiful.

"Wait for me!" you heard a voice behind you. Turning, you saw Taecyeon run towards you as the cable cart door was about to close. Squishing in exactly on time the door closed. Taecyeon's large stature crowded the cart of two people. Like on cue, the cart began to ascend. Taecyeon tried to balance himself with the glass surface behind you. Almost pinning you to the clear glass, his body lunged forward unable to find his balance. His closeness gave you a familiar feeling. You felt his stare on you. You lifted your head as your eyes found his. At the heat of the moment, he leaned into you, ready to take possession of your lips, when you skillfully loosened his embrace and moved yourself as far away as you could in the closed cable cart. You felt your heart skip a beat, feeling a sense of familiarity all of a sudden.

You understood that you held a certain attraction in your confidence, but you had to stay professional during your working hours.  Trying to change the subject you opened the sliding window on the rear of the cable cart and looked out beyond the horizon and was once again amazed by the fascinating scenery. You breathed in the scent of nature and pollen and smiled. This was the reason you loved being a tour guide. The unlimited treasures you could find going from city to city.

"Look how beautiful the sun reflects on the mountain" you pointed. Taecyeon was at your side again, enjoying the scenery with you. You offered to help him take pictures, but he refused,

"I'll come back again for pictures, I just want to enjoy the moment this time" he said sincerely. He turned to face you, smiled at you before turning his head back towards the mountain tops. You were once again mesmerized by his facial features. You hated how your emotions were easily affected by such actions from Taecyeon.

You had finally reached the top of the mountain. It was also your first time visiting the Mineral Spring Park and so you explored the mountains with Taecyeon. Whenever there were rocks or small streams blocking the path, Taecyeon held your hand making sure you didn't slip. The morning slipped passed as the tourist all gathered at the top of the mountain ready for lunch. Fresh seafood was served at a traditional restaurant.

The rest of the day was quiet. You lead the group of tourist to the famous market to buy souvenirs. The sun was setting when the tour bus arrived at the hotel. As one by one the tourist left for the night, you sighed in relief and sat at the lobby. You fiddled with the on switch of your phone before it suddenly rung.  *Beenzino

 

"Hey Been"

"You know how lonely I was, when I woke up this morning," he chuckled over the phone, "do you know when was the last time I woke up alone?"

"like a week ago when I was down in Busan?"

"Babe, should I just fly over right now? I don't think I'll be able to sleep without you."

"Come please, I'm dying to see you. Did you eat yet Been?"

"Company dinner tonight to discuss the new book, samgyusal"

"Aww lucky, San E oppa always treats you with good food."

"You should have been there. He was asking where is favourite dongsaeng was"

"I'll be back tomorrow night, wait for me okay?"

"Mmmm alright, see you babe, I just spilled something all over the floor"

"muah muah bye Been"

 

You smiled ear to ear as you walked towards the elevator. Unexpectedly Taecyeon was in the elevator when it opened.

"Hey" you smiled at him,

"why are you so happy all of a sudden."

" The day's over, and I get to go home tomorrow"

"You don't like tour guiding?" he asked, "Then why do you do it?"

"It's not that, there are people I want to see when I go back to Seoul"

"Boyfriend?"

"mhmm,"

You heard Taecyeon sigh as the elevator reached the 7th floor.

"Oh you're on the 7th floor too?" you asked as both you and Taecyeon got out of the elevator in sync.

"705, how bout you?" your jaw dropped as you scrambled through you pockets for you hotel room key, *705*

"What, speak to me Yubin,"

"I think they made a mistake, I'm room 705"

"Give me your key, let's try it."

After trying both your key and Taecyeon's, they both opened the door. You left your belongings with Taecyeon as you went back to the lobby help desk.

"Excuse me m'am, I think you gave me the wrong key. Can you check again. Kim Yubin"

"No this is correct, a room for two 705."

"No it should be a room for 1, I'm by myself."

"Sorry, but our records show your company booked a room for two under Ok Taecyeon and Kim Yubin's name."

"Is it possible to book another room right now?"

"I'm sorry but all the rooms are fully booked tonight,"

"Fucckk" you sighed before taking the elevator back up to the 7th floor.