Boyfriend

Breakup Warnings

Time flew by as there were many documents and visa needed to be reviewed during this particular morning. The clock struck 2pm, signaling for lunch. You walked out of your office and took the elevator down to the main floor. A flashy car was parked at the curb. Without thinking, you stepped in and looked at the driver. It was none other than your boyfriend Beenzino. You've been together since the beginning of university, where he majored in literature and you geography. You two had met at your friend, Yenny's art show. You had mistook him as a thief and reported it to the security at the show. Later you realized he was just interested in buying a piece for his nephew's birthday present. You apologized and somehow you two ended up for coffee and cake. It was the first time you felt like he belonged in your life. You were able to share everything with him. Your period cramps, your acne breakouts. Beenzino cheesily showed up with flowers one night, surprising both of your parents. He confessed to you in front of your parents; not only did you feel his sincerity but you were also crazy for him. 

 

"Yo" Beenzino hollered and entangled your fingers together with his, one hand on the wheel before driving off. You smiled at your boyfriend before looking out the window. The sun was blazing in the middle of September. Families were having picnics near the river.

"I'm going to Ulleung-do this weekend. Want to come?"

"Oooh the volcanoes and the hiking, sounds like fun" he said sarcastically, "no thanks babe, have fun and don't get lost"

"Yeah I didn't think so." you replied, "don't miss me too much."

The car stopped in front of a stop light. Beenzino leaned over and left a sloppy kiss on your cheek.

"I won't; I'll call the boys over and invite some girls from Happy Night Stand" he joked. You playfully hit the side of his shoulder,

"And I guess I'll pick up some hot male before coming back"

"Just don't let him in your hotel room"

"And if he just so happens to show up, then what?"

"You call me and I'll fly over and kick him out" he chuckled.

Beenzino unbuckled his seat belt and stepped out of the car. He walked over to the other side leaned over to unbuckle your seat belt, and stole a kiss in the process. He grabbed your hand and led you out of the car and towards the familiar coffee shop.

You were regular customers and had called it "your spot" when they first opened. A close waitress greeted you at the door,

"Hey Beenzino," She showed you two to an empty seat, gleaming a smile at Beenzino before disappearing into the kitchen.

"She still hasn't given up?" you glared at your boyfriend, who looked innocent as ever,

"Heyy, not my fault I'm a charmer!" He smiled, "That's why I only come here with you, so you can mark your property"

"You're free to go, you make it sound like you're trapped, which you're clearly not"

"Why are you always encouraging me to cheat on you?"

"Am I?" you inched closer to Beenzino and leaned on his chest, he naturally put his arms around your waist.

You and Beenzino finished lunch in peace and he routinely dropped you at the bottom Sinchon Travel Agency. Both sides of your parents were in talks for marriage, Beenzino at 27, and you at the age of 25 were ready to start a family of your own. He hadn't officially proposed to you, but you knew him well enough during the eight years together. He at surprises, but he always made you feel special.

 

 

It was Friday morning, the day before your Ulleung-do trip. You were cuddled in Beenzino's chest not wanting to wake up. Your phone rang and you groggily picked it up,

 

"YUBBIINN"

"what lim, I'm sleeping"

"remember octagon tonight, Sohee's birthday remember"

"Oh today is the 27th?"

Beenzino squirmed in his sleep, and sat up watching you talk on the phone.

"9pm okay?"

"But I have a flight at 6am tomorrow"

"You still have to come, it's sohee's birthday"

"I'll sleep on the flight I guess, let me ask if Been's going"

You looked up to your sleepy boyfriend, he was rubbing his eyes, still trying to adjust to the sunlight.

"Octagon tonight, 9pm. You coming?"

"yeh, the whole crew if Sohee wants?" you caressed his cheek and smiled before focusing on Lim on the other line.

"I'll see you tonight Lim, I'm late for work see ya girl"

"BYE" she replied, before hanging up.

 

"You're not late for work" Beenzino retorted. He pushed you down on to the bed and snuggled in between your neck. He left butterfly kisses along your jaw line and reached for you waist with his free hand. *the temptation to skip work* you thought, but you couldn't you had to grab the tourist info for the trip tomorrow. You groaned before pushing him off of you and got up. He was persistent though, he grabbed on to your waist and wouldn't let you walk any further.

"Been…"

"Babe…." You turned to face him, still in his embrace. Cupping his face in the palm of your hands, you leaned into the familiarity of his lips. His soft lips pressed against yours, kissing you passionately. Beenzino pushed you down on to the bed and grinded his body against yours,

*How could I stop* you asked yourself. As he hungrily fought for dominance over your body, your fingers were entangled into his hair. He got up and walked into the bathroom. You were left lying on the bed, alone. You couldn't help but feel disappointed. You shook the thought out of your head instantly.

"So much control Been!" you hollered after him, following him into the bathroom.

"Only with you," he handed you your toothbrush with a perfect pea sized amount of toothpaste on top. *oh he was just so caring*