(not so) FINAL

Of Slow-mos and Untold Feelings

A/N: So, hi :) This is awkward. Finally deciding to post something from my crazy mind. 

1. Im not satisfied with the whole outcome so I'll probably revise this when I have the time.
2. Haven't proofread this yet. Bear with the grammatical errors. So again, when I have the time I will revise this.
3. The whole "slow-mo" idea was from an experience (won't tell you who kkk). But the whole conversation, it was just from a hopeful thinking.
4. Lastly, let me know what you think. :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Slow mos" Yesung suddenly blurted. He, Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were hanging out in his flat. They just finished watching a sappy, romantic movie; and if you are asking why, it's just because they can.

Surprisingly, they had their full attention to the movie.

"What about it?" Ryeowook asked him.

"Do you think slow mos are real?"

"Yep, think so."

"I think they were just made up by the authors and writers to make stories more appealing."

"Oh, but it's true hyung." Kyuhyun joined the conversation.



While they were having their discussion, Sungmin was just nodding to whatever they were talking about. He wasn't really paying attention to what they were talking about. It's not because he doesn't believe it. He does believe. He experienced it himself.

It happened back when he was in high school, during his junior year. The other person was two years lower than him. All that 'the whole world stops, everything is in slow mo and it's like it's only you and that person.' It happened to him. Sadly, it only lasted for about 4-6 seconds because a certain monkey bumped into him.

Also, it's been four years. It's all in the past.


"...of course hyung! I experienced it myself so stop arguing!" Kyuhyun's louder than his usual voice awoke Sungmin from his reveries. He wasn't sure what his hyung and dongsaeng were talking about. He only heard '...genius believing such stuff blablabla' before he heard Kyuhyun spoke.

"Really?" Yesung was staring at him disbelievingly.

"Yes, so shut up! I was in my first year of high school back then; and that person and I, we barely even talked!"


At that statement, Sungmin snapped his head up. So he felt it too, Sungmin thought. He wasn't the only one who believed it happened.


Yesung threw the remaining popcorn from his bowl to Kyuhyun. He was rumbling about Kyuhyun being a er for dramas before he faced Sungmin and asked him the same question.

"Yes hyung, it's real. Experienced it back in junior year. That's it. No further questions." Sungmin replied dismissively. "And why are we talking about this anyway?"

"I’m your best friend! You should've told me!"

"What are we? Teenage girls? Telling each other stuffs like this?" Yesung scowled at him. "And besides, it was something special. I wanted to keep it to myself" Sungmin added in a small voice.

 

Sungmin felt like someone was staring at him. He looked at this person and gave a small, sincere smile. There was that silence again. Not the awkward type of silence they usually have. It's that rare comforting silence. It was back again. Everything was blurry. Yesung's rumbling was their background and yet it still felt calming. It felt right.
 

Unfortunately, their little moment came to an end when Yesung smacked Sungmin on his head. Kyuhyun grumbled. Ryeowook just giggled, he perfectly understood the whole situation. He is Kyuhyun's brother after all.

 

"Hyuuuung!" Sungmin whined. "Why did you hit me?!"

"You weren't listening to me! I was asking you something”

“What?!”

"Did you both have something? You and that person you had a ‘slow mo’ with? Wait, do I even know this person?" Yesung asked making quotations with his fingers on the words slow mo, and then he continued this time directing the question to the other two in the room.

"Do you think they had 'something'?" It was obvious in Yesung’s voice that he was very interested (and still clueless).

 

Sungmin bowed down his head. Why was he nervous of the answer? Why should he even be worried? It was in the past. AND WHY THE HECK ARE THEY HAVING THIS CONVERSATION ABOUT SLOW-MOS AND HIS PERSONAL EXPERIENCE?!

 

Both answered "Maybe..." and it was clear in their voices that they were implying something.


(Yesung still doesn’t have an idea on what’s happening around him.)

 

Sungmin snapped his head and looked at Kyuhyun again; he can see the sincerity in the younger’s eyes.

Before he started talking again, he shifted his gaze from Kyuhyun to Yesung.
“Yes hyung, you know him.” Sungmin didn't miss Yesung’s muffled ‘oh, it’s a him’. He looked at Kyuhyun first, who was now staring at his hands, before he continued. “We had something. Unknowingly, we had something”

 

…and I could’ve done something if only I tried harder; if I made an effort. Sungmin thought.

 

You see, there’s a reason why he and Kyuhyun barely talked. Back then, Sungmin wasn’t that confident as he was now. Sungmin thinks he would be in a rumbling mess and would just probably end up saying something he thinks Kyuhyun will find unpleasant. His wildly beating heart wasn’t of a big help either. He just gets all nervous when Kyuhyun was around. So he decided to just be contented with just staring him, be it near or far.



“Would you… would you have done something if you knew back then that it was mutual?” Ryeowook suddenly asked.

Kyuhyun glared at Ryeowook for asking such question, and then he softened his expression. He completely understands why Ryeowook would ask that.


If Kyuhyun was to be honest, he still has feelings for Sungmin. Even after four years, the feelings remained. Sure he had some crushes, but it didn’t last long. All of those were just pure physical attraction.

Now with Ryeowook's question, he was afraid to know the answer. He wanted to know if it was possible back then. He felt like a lot of minutes has passed and Sungmin still didn't answer; so he dare asked.


"Would you have done something?" Kyuhyun looked at directly at Sungmin's eyes.

Sungmin sighed, "Of course Kyu...hyun. I would've done something." He smiled, masking the regrets he was feeling at the moment…


...and Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun wanted to be happy but he just doesn't feel like being happy. He wanted Sungmin. Badly. He wanted to hold his hand, cup his face and stare at his eyes while telling him how much he wants him; how much he likes him? Or maybe how much he loves him? He wanted to hug him tight at that moment. Most importantly, he wanted him to be his. But he can't. With all the emotions bottled up in him, he just can't seem to remember what was hindering him. But he knows, he knows that whatever that hindrance is, it was a reason enough for him to back off.

 

"Too bad... whoever that person was... You could've been with him if you weren't being a chicken." Yesung's voice awoke Kyuhyun from his reverie.

"Shut up!" He looked up and Sungmin hit Yesung's arm as soon as he finished talking.

"Min, look on the bright side. You won't be with Sunny-shi now if you got together with that guy."

 

It hit Kyuhyun. He finally remembered what that hindrance was and surely, he can't compete with that. Not when the hindrance turned out to be something and someone important to Sungmin.
 

On the other side, after hearing those words, Sungmin didn't know how to respond. Yes, he was happy with his girlfriend. But surely, Kyuhyun would be worth it. If only he really dared to try. If only...

 

***

A/N: So how was it? ugggh. Im cringing =___=