Part 2

At Your Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

beep beep beeep beeep beep

The shrill beeping of his alarm shatters the tranquil hours of the morning, and Jimin lets out a groan as he reaches for the vibrating phone on his bedside table, still half-asleep due to his late night shift. Glancing at the time displayed on the touch screen, he wakes up in a fluster, grabbing his work clothes and running to the bathroom to get ready.Oh crap! How many times did I snooze this thing? Namjoon’s gonna kill me-  ugh. He rubs his temples in an attempt to soothe the sudden jolt of pain that runs through his body, undoubtedly the aftermath of his wild night at the convenience store. uGh. oh god, what happened last night? His memory seems to fail him in these kinds of situations, but he definitely knows he drank a lot during his shift, a sigh escaping his lips as he mentally prepares himself for a scolding from Namjoon. Oh my god did I sing into the PA system yesterday..?! Speaking of which… I-I think there was someone really attractive yesterday? ... Maybe I was too drunk off my it was probably someone I dreamt up- If I do the night shift again I wonder if I’ll see him again… A second alarm goes off on his phone, directing his attention to the time and how late he is for work. Again. Grabbing his phone and wallet, he shoves them into his back pockets and makes a break for it- Namjoon definitely won’t be happy with him today.

 

Bursting into the staff break room in a huffing, puffing mess, Jimin quickly downs a danish from one of the plates left on the table and sneaks to the store room to dock in only to find a grumpy Namjoon waiting for him in the nearby aisle sweeping the floor and disposing of what seems to be a pile of empty soju bottles and a few packs of chips. Whoops-

“About time you showed up” Namjoon grunts, muttering under his breath before returning to his task.

“Sorry about that…” Jimin avoids his eyes, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck knowing that he would undoubtedly frown back at him disapprovingly for his tardiness.

“I should make you clean the washroom with a toothbrush every time you’re late,” the older remarks with a long sigh, shaking his head and moving to the next aisle to clean up.

“Hyungggg! I’m sorry it wont happen again~” He pouts, blinking excessively and puffing his cheeks while grabbing onto Namjoon’s left arm in order to gain his favour. It doesn’t necessarily fail, but let’s just say it doesn’t particularly sway the latter, who scoffs and steals a glance  at his watch.

“Taehyung is late too, so don’t beat yourself too much… I guess-”

“Awww hyung~ Wait. Huh? Who’s Taehyung?”

“The new hire. You should be glad, he said he’s willing to take the night shift since he’s still in school.” The statement takes Jimin by surprise -hyung I’m still in school too!-, although Namjoon probably told him several times prior to today’s shift.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter