Part 1

At Your Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Jimin-ah! Could you work the night shift today?” Jimin heard Namjoon call from the back room, the voice resounding across the aisle as he continued to restock the seemingly endless bags of chips, energy drinks and instant ramen to prepare for the looming wave of early morning customers.   “Whaaaaat. Why? It’s already 10 pm. No one’s even here can’t we just close early today? I have plans.” He groans, sighing loudly before placing another box’s worth of energy drinks onto their respective shelves. So much for clubbing tonight… His thoughts are interrupted by the sound of rustling behind him, and he turns to see Namjoon looking at him with a frown.   “..And what kind of plans would those be hmm? it’s a Friday night and you’re still a baby in my eyes-” The older boy runs his fingers through his blonde -almost silver- hair, and looks at Jimin with a smirk on his face.   “I was hoping to meet a pretty young thang-” A bit of his accent slips out as he raises his eyebrows, grinning at Namjoon and running a finger over his plump, luscious lips “-on the dance floor but since you work me like your personal slave I haven’t met anyone since I moved to this freaking neighbourhood.”   As he sorts the chip packets into their flavour groups, he hears Namjoon punching in the keycode to the cash register, which opens with a loud clatter to which the older mutters an oh again? before manually unlocking the drawer with the key. He begins flicking through the wad of notes, diligently counting and recording the numbers in the small book located under the counter and laughing.   “In your next life you should be the manager or work harder and maybe I’ll promote you. Anyways thanks Jiminnie I’ve got a hot date to attend to at the club.” Finally finished with counting the notes, he neatly wraps them with a rubber band and places them in a separate metal safe, locking it and putting it back into the slot under the counter. With one last check in the staff mirror located to the right of the cash register -just out of the customer’s view but conveniently positioned for the employee (you always have to look presentable to the customer!)- he smooths out any flyaways, grabbing his black coat and sending a greasy wink to Jimin on his way out.   “What an .” Jimin mumbles, finishing his restocking and making his way to the empty register where he’d keep vigil for the long, restless night ahead. After countless messages from his friends on KakaoTalk and updates on their SNS pages of their clubbing experience, he frustratedly turns his phone on silent and leans forward on the counter, letting his head rest on his hands as he glares at the automated doors.  Despite admitting he wasn’t one to take alcohol well, the silence that grows (even with the blaring elevator-esque music from the speakers) in the empty convenience store sparks something in the boy as he excitedly stands up and walks to the liquor aisle. Surely, a little drink or two wouldn’t hurt right? And it’ll be fun! No one’s going to come in at this time anyway~     Eyeing the array of multi-coloured glass bottles, he grabs a few of the fluorescent green bottles to his left placing them into his shopping basket along with two bags of chips. He makes his way to the employee break room, easily finding the spare cup from dinner and returns to the register with a grin. He swiftly plugs his phone into the music system, letting the music take over the dull atmosphere of the store and pops open the first bottle with vigor. Well if they’re going to party, so am I motherers I’m gonna drink until the sun rises screw this ty job screw you Namjoon- and with that, he takes a swig of soju while humming to Big Bang’s Sunset Glow.   - - -     “Alright, it’s 10, time to hit the clubs.” Seokjin announces, finally stretching in his chair after a tedious day of responding to clientele emails, countless calls from other firms and barely any -only 3- coffees to run on. His desk is a savage mess, coffee cups strewn across the table in a failed attempt to reach the bin beside his chair, an abundance of scrunched, coffee stained tissues from this morning’s spill to the right and papers that churn into a sea of text beside his keyboard.  As he’s about to leave the cluttered office, a bundle of thick scarves and layers of sweaters and coats over his crisp suit, he sees Yoongi frowning at him, undoubtedly judging his life choices on a Friday night.   “You club way too often.” He says with a long sigh, and Seokjin turns to glance at him with a look of disbelief that quickly becomes a smirk. “You work overtime way too often,” Seokjin retorted, sticking his tongue out to mock Yoongi, his long time friend and current employer. “Well someone has to work to bring in money for this company.” The younger of the two points at his own cluttered desk with an overwhelming stack of files, most of which he’d completed analyzing and sorted, before the two come to the same conclusion as the previous week.   “Fine, I’ll stay back. But this is the last time okay? I don’t get paid enough to put up with you for more than 8 hours a day.” Seokjin mopes back to his desk, throwing the remnants of his lunch and coffee breaks into the trash bin and taking off his coat before Yoongi interrupts with a grunt of discontent.   “No, don’t bother, just go. I won’t be here long. I just need to finish reading these last few cases and honestly if you’re just going to mope around for the next few hours I’d prefer that you be out getting it on with someone then pretending to be useful and bothering me.” With that, Seokjin bursts out of his chair happily, flashing a grin at Yoongi before rushing out of the office, his coat barely on properly, before Yoongi could change his mind.   A few hours pass and Yoongi sits at his desk, face resting in his hands, as he lazily flicks through the client files and replying to numerous emails from the main office regarding upcoming trials.  The office becomes silent again, and he spins in his chair to gaze at the night life of the city, lost in thought. Ugh I’m too exhausted to process any of this … I should grab some food or go for a smoke I need some nicotine in my system.   “Aish, the least he could have done is grab me a pack of smokes before he left,” Yoongi grumbled to no one in particular, realizing his pack of Marlboro’
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter