The First Encounter

When You See Death

The First Encounter


"Nothing like this will happen in real life," you scoff at your television screen as you watch the cheesy romance drama play out before you.

The main guy was everywhere the girl was. The only thing was that neither of them knew. Until their names were switched accidentally by a barista as they bought their coffee, that was when they finally, officially met.

You roll your eyes dramatically, the intensity of it almost on par with the script of this drama. You turn off the TV, grabbing your wallet and keys as you leave the house. It is dinner time and you walk down the streets close to your home, hoping to find some place to dine at. You see an Italian restaurant and decide to patronise the place.

There aren't a lot of people and you're glad for that because noisy eateries give you headaches. You see that you're not the only one dining alone and it makes you feel a bit better about your sad and lonely life. The waitress comes to take your order and leaves once you have given your order.

As you wait, you jump when your phone rings. You see that it is from an unknown number and you furrow your eyebrows. You save the numbers of everyone you know. Even places you make appointments at. You like having your life in control and organised. So it definitely keeps you wondering who this could be. You pick up the phone and slide your finger across the screen to answer.

"Hello?" You murmur.

The line crackles and you hear loud breathing. Your eyes dart from place to place, hoping someone could help you because you are slightly creeped. You are about to end the call when a gruff, rasping voice speaks.

"When you see Death, you won't even know it's him."

The person—or thing—is still on the line as he breathes loudly. You gulp, tearing the phone from your ear and ending the call. You throw your phone on the table, creating a ruckus. People are staring but you are too shaken to notice that.

Death? Why did this person—or whatever it is—refer to Death as a person? And why would you know him? Does that mean you're dying soon? You don't believe in superstition but you are bugged by this warning.

You jump, accidentally kicking the leg of the table when your phone rings again. You snatch your phone from the tabletop and see an unknown number calling you again. Do you want to answer that? You're frazzled as it is, maybe answering it would make you even more paranoid. But on the other hand, you need to ask what that warning means too.

You answer the call shakily and you're met with silence again. Your hair starts to stand. Then the person on the other line starts chortling and sniggering loudly. You frown.

"You were so scared!" He chokes out in between laughters.

"Sehun...?"

", you're so stupid!" Sehun starts guffawing even louder now.

The waitress comes back with your food but you don't thank her as you shout into the receiver, "Wow, you!!! Not funny, Oh Se!"

"Oh Se," he repeats, laughing so much that he sounds like he is giggling. "You're so gullible and dumb."

"Whatever," you mutter in irritation, hanging up on him angrily.

You huff in annoyance, swatting your stray hair out of your face angrily. Sehun just knows how to get your nerves. You dig into your dinner with a bit of strength, almost as though you are about to stab someone with that fork. And no one would doubt that. With the look you are wearing right now, people wouldn't want to be on your bad side.

You receive many text messages from Sehun, almost all laughing at you for being so naïve. You call for the bill and pass your card to the waitress, wanting to get out of here quickly to kill Sehun with your own bare hands. You mutter a thanks when the waitress comes back with your card. Making your way out into the streets again swiftly, you mumble under your breath, cursing at Sehun for being such a jerk.

"Excuse me!" Someone calls out from behind. You ignore it, assumihg it is meant for someone else. "Excuse me!" 

You turn back in curiosity. A man is jogging towards your direction. He seems to brighten at the sight of you acknowledging him. He has a smooth baby face, his eyes rather droopy and his smile is cute. He looks adorably handsome.

"Yes...?" You blink blankly at him when he reaches you.

"Ah, hmm," he rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "We were eating at the same restaurant, you see... And the waitress must have accidentally given you my card instead..."

You your wallet, digging for your supposed card. You read the name out loud, "Byun Baekhyun."

"That's me," the male beams. "Unless... Your name is Byun Baekhyun too? If so, then you have a pretty charming name, I have to say."

You chuckle, shaking your head. He grins back at you. You hand the card out to him, "Here."

"Even though your name isn't Byun Baekhyun," he stretches his hand out to return your card to you. "I guess you have a pretty name, too."

You laugh, feeling shy from his compliment. You bow your head slightly, "Thank you, Baekhyun-ssi."

 

 

You are going home from school when you hear someone shouting your name. Thinking it's Sehun, you yell back, "Go away, Sehun! You're annoying!"

The person doesn't reply and you smirk, knowing you've caught him. But you only find yourself jumping at someone planting the palm of his hand on your shoulder. He chuckles. Turning your head, you see that same guy from dinner two days ago. He is charming and has his way with girls, there is no way you are ever going to forget him in the near future.

"I think you got my name wrong," he laughs. "I'm Baekhyun, and am I annoying? I don't think—"

You quickly shake your head, making him chuckle. You explain, "Sehun's a friend. An annoying one at that."

"I see," Baekhyun grins. He proceeds to ask, "You study here?"

You nod, asking him instead, "And you?" You see someone familiar behind Baekhyun and you narrow your eyes to slits. Baekhyun turns back too. You tentatively take his wrist gently and pull him to start walking. "Let's walk and talk."

"That's very straightforward of you," Baekhyun laughs when you let go, referring to your move of holding him. The both of you hear your name being called out and Baekhyun gives you an amused glance, "Sehun?"

"That's him," you grumble under your breath, causing the male to laugh.

The both of you hear pounding of feet behind you before an arm is slung over your shoulders. You groan, slumping and elbowing the attacker at the same time.

"Can't run from me, cupcake," Sehun chuckles, pinching your cheek obnoxiously with the arm around you. You let out a strangle noise. He looks to your other side and narrows his eyes at your new friend. He sticks out his free hand to him, "Sehun."

Baekhyun hums, smiling as he takes Sehun's hand, "Baekhyun."

"Do you study here too?"

"Sehun, stop butting into people's lives. Me included," you tell him off.

Sehun pouts, "But you're not counted, you're my best friend."

"Unfortunately," you mumble.

You turn to Baekhyun to see that he has a small smile on his face as he looks straight ahead with his hands in his pockets. You wonder if he is feeling awkward yet. He turns his head and you are caught by the intensity of his eyes that seem to see through you. He gives you a soft, almost affectionate smile and your heart starts to pound in your ribcage.

"Do you, perhaps, wanna have dinner with me?" Baekhyun invites, looking into your eyes. He seems to only be staring at you.

You can only nod dumbly while he shoots you a brilliant smile. Sehun takes his arm off your shoulders as he starts walking away. You turn to him in reflex and he explains, "I may be annoying but I know my limit. I don't interrupt on dates."

You blush and Baekhyun laughs. You wave to Sehun before turning to the male next to you. He is staring at you when he mentions, "I hope you like waffles."

You follow him to his car, which is a white Mercedes-Benz. He opens the door of the passenger seat for you and you murmur a shy thanks as you slide into the car as gracefully as you can. He shuts the door and you watch Baekhyun round the front of the car to get to the other side. He is twirling the key ring round his finger, his other hand in his pocket. He is wearing black leather jacket and his black hair is styled back handsomely. You think he is an attractive man.

He gets into the car and starts the engine while you finger at the torn fabric of your jeans. He glances at you and you hear him ask, "You okay? Feeling shy? Awkward?"

You nod. He laughs, reaching out, wanting to touch your cheek. But he stops, thinking it is too intimate already so he pulls his hand back. You want to pull his hand to your cheek and leave his soft hand there. But you don't.

"It's fine," Baekhyun assures you as he starts to drive. "I feel the same as you do now, only I don't show it."

The both of you get to know each other and you find that he is a few years your senior. He tells you that he isn't actually from your school, but instead he is just making use of the free parking the school provides. You think he is a funny guy and it is safe to say that you are charmed by him. He makes you laugh and he makes you feel coy. You feel at ease with him and conversation flows easy.

When the both of you reach your destination, you get out of the car. You walk over to Baekhyun and he guides you with a hand on the small of your back. Your heart is almost in your throat. He takes you to a nicely decorated restaurant, keeping you rather close to him since there are many people out and about to have dinner. The waiter brings the both of you to a table and Baekhyun immediately goes to pull the chair out for you.

Who even does that now?! You swoon mentally, sitting on the chair. It feels surreal to be on a date with him. He seems so... Fairytale-like. Someone straight out of the stories; the Prince Charming.

Baekhyun settles opposite you and tells you, "Order anything you want. I'm paying."

You hum, thanking him. You know what you want to eat and so does Baekhyun. He calls for assistance and a waitress comes to get your orders. He smiles at you when she leaves, his hands crossed on the table. You look away, abashed and unable to take the intensity of his gaze.

He laughs, leaning back in his chair, "You're really cute."

"Thank you," you murmur, a faint blush on your cheeks as you look down.

"Oh no, stop that," Baekhyun chuckles breathlessly. You look up at him in question and he explains, "I can't resist coquettish girls. They're my weakness. And you, right now? Kryptonite."

You blush even more, looking away. He knows what to say to make you feel special. He has probably done this to many other girls but you try not to think about that. Because Baekhyun is enchanting and it feels magical to be out with him. And this is only the second time you've met him.

The both of you converse throughout dinner and at the end of it, when Baekhyun is waiting for his card to return, you feel very comfortable with him. He is looking over at where the waiter had taken the bill and you are staring at his side profile. He is so handsome. He glances you, sensing a gaze on him. You are caught but he grins at you, winking. You swallow the butterflies in your stomach that are threatening to fly out your throat.

Baekhyun and you walk back to the car, his hand ghosting at your waist, not touching you but still intimate. There are a lot of people around though, so you stick close to him, not wanting to stray far. He opens the door of the shotgun seat again for you when you reach the car. You thank him and Baekhyun shuts the door, going round the car to get to the other side. This time, you notice how lean he is.

Baekhyun gets in and turns to you, "Where's your place?"

You tell him and he starts driving off. You reach your apartment building in ten minutes, much to your dismay since you like talking to Baekhyun. He gets out of the car with you, locking his car behind.

"You don't have to follow me up!" You protest.

He shakes his head, "I'll only be assured when I see you enter your apartment myself."

You sigh, letting him do what he wants. It is a little awkward when you are in the lift, you in one corner and him in another. You guide him to your place and when you are in front of your apartment, you stop to turn to him. He is staring at you already and you start heating up.

"Thanks for dinner, Baekhyun," you murmur softly. "I really enjoyed it."

"I'm glad you did," he smiles at you. "Now go in, before I snag you away with me."

You gasp softly, your ears reddening. You fluster to open the door and when you have pushed it open, you feel a pair of lips on your cheek. You are caught in surprise, your mouth forming an 'O' as you in a breath. Baekhyun swipes a thumb across your cheek gently before giving you one last smile and leaving.

"See you soon, kitten," you hear his velvety voice reaching out to you before he disappears, along with the elevator.

 

 

"Who asks for sugar from their neighbour?" You grumble to yourself as you watch another drama play on the screen before you. Americans and their crazy schemes, you roll your eyes. 

It's a Saturday and you are lazing around the house, watching TV. You think there is a new tenant, since there is a lot of ruckus going on outside. You don't talk much to your neighbours though, so you don't mind them. You are ready to head back into your room to have your afternoon nap when you hear slight rapping on your door. You frown.

Just like you said, you don't interact with your neighbours a lot. And if it is the postman, then he is early on his job for the first time in however long you have been staying here. You pad to the door, looking through the peephole. A man you have never seen before is standing there. You can see his forehead even as he stares down and you note that he is probably quite tall.

You open the door and the male's head snaps up. He is darker than most Korean men, his eyes are half-opened as if he is bored, his jawline as sharp as a sushi master's knife, and his lips puffy and juicy looking. The moment he sees you, you think you see his eyes dance a little.

"Do you need something?" You ask politely.

"Um, yeah," he clears his throat, wiping his bottom lip with his thumb. Your throat closes at that action and you quickly snap your eyes to his. He explains, "I just moved into the unit right opposite you today." He turns a little to reveal the door of his new apartment open. You nod and he requests, "I'm trying to get something fixed but I stupidly packed my toolbox in one of the moving boxes and I don't know where it is... Just wondering if you have a screwdriver I could borrow?"

You nod, opening your door wider as you invite politely, "Come in."

"Oh, it's fine," he coughs awkwardly, staying outside.

You tell him, "Hold on."

You let the door close in his face apologetically, going back into your house to fetch your own toolbox. You think about him and you find that he is a little... weird. He is quiet and shy, a complete opposite of the males you know. But he has a certain charisma, a vibe only a handful of people hold.

Going back to open the door, the male looks up at you with anticipation. You hold the toolbox out to him and he takes it from the bottom, totally avoiding touching you. You ask out of courtesy, "Do you need help with moving in?"

He shakes his head, "I'll cope on my own." He lifts the box in his hands slightly and mumbles, "Thanks. I'll return this to you when I'm done."

You give him a smile and he nods, turning away. You frown. He is so detached. He is walking back into his apartment and just before he moves to close the door, you remember, "Wait!" He stops, turning his head to stare at you with slightly opened eyes as if shocked. "I didn't catch your name."

He stalls for a bit before telling you, "My name... My name is Kai."

 

 

You are about to leave your house to stock up on some grocery the next day when you hear someone knocking on the door again. You open the door, just in time to see the door of the apartment across you shutting. You look down and notice your toolbox. A small bottle of milk is sitting on top of it.

You're intrigued as you squat down, holding the milk bottle in your hand. On it is a post-it note.

Thanks

You furrow your eyebrows. That's all he has to say? You let out an unbelievable scoff. Bringing the items back to your house, you return the box to its original spot and keep the milk in the fridge. You leave the house and you are about to walk off towards the elevator when you think you should probably be nice to your new neighbour. Since he did give you milk.

You sigh, going over to his place and tapping on his door lightly. The male opens the door after a while, leaning his body against the door. You your lips nervously.

"Um, thanks for the... milk?"

Kai gives a very nervous chuckle as he frowns a bit, "I don't have much to thank you with since I just moved in yesterday. I only had that bottle of milk."

You laugh, nodding. You tilt your head slightly to the side as you shyly invite, "I'm going to the supermarket, actually. I can bring you and introduce the neighbourhood to you..."

He stares at you for a few seconds longer and your heart beat starts to echo in your head. You don't even know why you're so nervous with him. You only met him yesterday! Eventually, Kai nods, opening his door a little more.

"Do you wanna come in? It's a bit messy though..."

You step into his new place and he shuts the door behind you. You are looking around his place when he tells you to wait for him while he changes. There are a few boxes around, some open and some not. A lot of things are on the coffee table and the couch has stuff sprawled all over it. The place is pretty messy and you almost start cleaning up for him when he leaves his room.

You glance up at him and he looks at you curiously. His eyes are round and you think he looks cute for a moment. You blink, snapping out of your trance. This is so different. Your heart is racing even though he isn't doing anything to you. The male opens the door and you bow your head a little as you pass by him on your way out.

While the both of you wait for the elevator, you glance at Kai. He has his head ducked, his hands in pockets. Feeling your eyes on him, he turns his head slightly. You swallow, blinking rapidly when you come in contact with his brown orbs. This man before you is attractive and he probably doesn't even know it. He is projecting it, the charisma and attraction coming off him in tsunami waves.

When you enter the lift, you finally break the awkward atmosphere as you ask, "You really don't need help in unpacking?"

Kai gives you a long look before raising an eyebrow. He taunts, "Was it too messy for you?"

Just staring into his eyes, it's almost as if you are trapped in his gaze. You are compelled to tell him the truth and you do. You nod and he smirks. You gasp softly, his sudden change in aloofness making your head pound.

"You can help if you want to," he nods finally, holding the door open for you. You leave the confined area and you feel like you can breathe again. Until Kai walks next to you again and you feel conscious of his presence. He mumbles, "A little help would be nice, I guess."

You smile at him and he blinks at you. You sigh, forgetting about trying to get a smile from him. As you walk towards the supermarket, you point out shops and places to him, helping him familiariase with his new community. He takes everything in, listening well to you. The both of you reach the supermarket soon and Kai gets a cart.

You are about to get a basket when he stops you, touching your forearm. Your hair stands and you start to heat up, feeling rather shy at the interaction. He doesn't even seem affected by it, as though it is something natural and not out of the norm.

"The cart should be big enough for both our groceries."

You don't say anything, instead just moving away from the baskets and going to stand next to him. He starts pushing the trolley, leading the way. You put your things neatly into the cart, making sure they are all standing. But you find that it is redundant because Kai would throw packs of microwave food into the cart, the imaginary line you drew to separate his stuff and yours remains imaginary. You huff because his dumping of food into the trolley has made most of your things fall. But at least he doesn't throw his carton of eggs in.

"You're a neat freak," Kai concludes when he eyes you trying to make the ice cream tub he just threw in stand.

You harrumph, "I'm just organised."

He nods, agreeing. "It's kinda attractive." You stare at him blankly, your brain suddenly malfunctioning and not working. He furrows his eyebrows. His mouth doesn't move much as he mumbles, "What?"

Your eyes flutter, your eyes blinking as fast as your heart rate. You shake your head, instead just murmuring a 'Thank you for the compliment' that has your cheeks pink. He hums in amusement.

"How are we going to bring all these back?" You wonder, staring at the filled cart. Kai looks at the mobile too.

"We'll just bring the cart too," he answers easily.

"What?" You exclaim softly. "We can't do that!"

Kai narrows his eyes at you for a second before he snorts, an amused smile on his face. "You're cute," he compliments. Then he tells you, "I'll bring the cart then."

"No, you can't do that," you mumble your words because you are a bit taken aback by another of his compliment, again.

"Just wait for me outside, angel," he rolls his eyes, chuckling softly. Even his laughter is attractive. His chuckle sounds manly and just... heart-fluttering.

"But—"

"Wait outside," Kai murmurs softly, staring into your eyes. You're enchanted. "Okay?"

Your throat closes at the sudden affection his eyes hold and you nod to compensate your lack of speech. He pushes you lightly on the back as he starts moving forward. You stumble, waking up from your trance and following him. You stand next to him in line, waiting to have your items checked out. Kai leans down and you can feel his breath on you.

"Outside, angel," he repeats gently.

You remember and you quickly scuttle away from him. He was too close, so close that you felt claustrophobic. But in a good way. Somehow. As you make your way out, you turn your head again just for reaffirmation. You realise Kai is staring at you, his eyes following you. You feel unsettled again, like you've forgotten everything you had learnt your entire life. He tilts his head towards the exit, motioning for you to wait for him outside. You hurriedly go out to await your new neighbour.

You are sitting on a ledge, plucking leaves when you hear rusty wheels against gravel. You lift your head to see Kai walking towards you. He gestures for you to start walking with a tilt of his head. You jump off from where you are, waiting until he is next to you and you start moving along beside him.

"See? Easy," Kai says.

You roll your eyes, "This is wrong..." Kai is about to scoff when you add, "But we need to do this."

Kai glances at you, his eyes not leaving you. You feel self-conscious. He finally asks, "Are you going to help me unpack?"

You give him an abashed smile, "If you allow me to."

He nods, looking straight ahead as he tells you, "I'll cook dinner for both of us, then. As thanks."

"You bought microwave food."

"What, you don't like microwave food?" You scoff, outraged by his insincerity. Kai chuckles, "I was kidding. I bought some beef steak, so I guess we're having that for dinner."

"But—"

"Or do you prefer microwave food?"

You shut up, not wanting to eat microwave food even though you want to tell him that he should keep the steak for himself. Just out of sincerity and concern, you tell him that he shouldn't be living on instant food.

"I'm too lazy to cook proper meals," he explains as you turn the corner. People are staring at the both of you wheeling a shopping cart out on the streets.

You duck your head as you mumble out of goodwill, "I'd cook for you."

"But you're not even close to me. Nor are you my girlfriend."

You are slightly hurt by that comment but then you know he is right. You don't say anything as you lead him back to the complex building. You keep a hand on the cart when you are in the lift, slightly nervous and anxious because this is considered stealing.

"I'll bring it back down later," Kai assures you, seeing how jittery you are.

"Back to the supermarket?" You ask hopefully.

He gives you a look, "Are you crazy? I'm just gonna leave it at the pavement."

You screw up your face. The doors ding open and the both of you walk towards your apartments. Kai is patiently waiting for you as you rummage your bag for your keys. You stare at him blankly.

"Get your things," he instructs, not unkindly. Oh, right. You quickly open the door to your cozy home. Kai enters with the trolley. He sounds amused when he comments, "Huh. Didn't think it would fit through the door."

You grin, finding him a little cute. He brings the cart to a stop at your kitchen and you bring out all your groceries. Kai looks around your place quietly, taking in the neat and organised design of the interior. The moment you are done, you turn to him and see that he is staring at you.

"I'm done," you tell him.

His gaze lingers on you a second longer before he starts making his way to the exit. You follow behind him. Kai unlocks his apartment, leaving the mobile temporarily by the side. You are about to push the cart into his home when he stops you.

"I'll do it. Don't wanna be the cause of you becoming a fallen angel by letting you push this stolen cart."

You think it's another compliment but then he had said it with no expression or whatsoever and you start thinking he was being sarcastic. You brush it off immediately when he wheels the thing into his home.

"You can help out anytime," Kai informs you as he goes into the kitchen. "You can start anywhere you like, too."

You nod, going to the couch and helping him clear his things first. The couch area is clean in half an hour and now you move on to taking things out of their boxes. As Kai keeps his food in their respective places, you start up a conversation with him. He doesn't sound very keen on talking with his bored voice but he doesn't ignore you. The male replies to everything, whether it is a sentence, a word, or just a hum of his voice.

He really isn't very caring with his actions, a total opposite from Baekhyun, whom you just met a few days ago too. But you don't think that he doesn't care. Because even though you've only gotten to know him today, you've seen how affectionate he can get. You consider this trait of his a charm. A little queer, but still a kind of charm.

When Kai moves out of the kitchen and in to the living room, you always tense when you feel him near you. Your heart rate shoots up too. It's crazy. You don't even know why. The only time this happens is when someone is threatening to tickle you or when you're scared. And you're sure this time, Kai isn't going to tickle you. Neither are you scared of him. So why the hell are you so squirmy when he comes near?

About an hour and a half after you entered the house, your phone rings. You pick it up and answer it without a second thought as you continue pulling out picture frames and albums from a box.

"Can I come over?" Sehun asks straightforwardly. He continues to explain, "My mum is asleep and I forgot my keys. And I like your bed better."

You hum, "I'm at my neighbour's though..." Kai glances at you.

"Since when were you friends with your neighbours?" You could hear the disbelief in his voice.

"Since he won me over with milk and a heartfelt message for lending him my toolbox." You hear Kai snort from behind you and you chuckle as you ask your neighbour, "Where do you want these photo albums at?"

Kai purses his lips before pointing to the drawers below the TV, "Just keep them in there."

"You're with a man," Sehun deduces. "A male neighbour?"

"What do you think, smartass."

"I think you are meeting a lot of new guys this week. That's what I think." Well, it is true. But it isn't like you wanted it to happen. It just turned out this way. "Anyway, I'm going over. I'll just hang out in your place while you're doing whatever in his house."

You are about to rebuke when he cuts off the line. Stupid boy. You snarl at your phone, baring your teeth. Then you sigh, leaving the device on the table.

Kai asks, "Who was that?"

"My friend," you answer. Your eye catches a picture of Kai being swarmed by many toy poodles. He looks happy though, his smiling face telling you so. You wonder, "These are your dogs?"

The male walks over and sits next to you. He leans in close, peering over your shoulder to look at what picture you are talking about. Your throat dries and you start to feel self-conscious. Your heart is pounding. This is exactly what you mean. Kai's effect on you is worrying.

His hot breath caresses your cheek as he breathes, "Yeah." Kai stretches out his arm, pointing out each one of his dogs, "This is Janggu, this is Monggu and this is Jangah."

All the while he introduces his dogs to you, his voice is low and husky. You almost find the need to shut your ears because it is just so attractive and alluring. But he doesn't know what he is doing to you when he leans forward, his chest touching you as he gets another picture frame out of the box. You stay quiet and still for as long as he talks.

He promises, "I'll bring them over one day. You seem like the type of girl to like animals."

That was it. Just him saying this, your heart has exploded. For the few hours that you have known him, Kai isn't much of a person to talk much. Maybe it might change in the near future as you grow closer to him but for now, he is distant. And to know that he is assuming things about you means that he is observing you, taking note of you.

And the thing is, you really do like animals.

 

 

"So tell me how it feels to be Miss Popular," Sehun pokes you with his foot as he lays on the bed while you are at the dresser, doing your nightly routine.

"What are you talking about," you grumble, nudging him back with your own foot.

"You know," he stretches his arms to lay his head on them. "With the Very Charming Baekhyun and the Mysterious Neighbour Kai."

"When will you ever stop interfering in my life and get a girlfriend?" You mumble, standing up and wiping your hands on Sehun's shirt.

"Gross," he makes a face, glaring down at his shirt where your moisturiser has been smudged.

You turn off the lights and go to lie next to Sehun. You are exhausted from a day of cleaning up at Kai's place but you are satisfied because you think you did quite a good job. You are about to fall asleep when you hear Sehun's creepy whisper.

"What if one of them was Death and—"

"OH SEHUN!!!!" You bellow, smacking him as hard as you can. You don't like the talk of supernatural.

He guffaws, snorting in between laughters. He tries to calm you even though he is failing, especially when he is giggling like this. "I just... I watched an... anime on this... concept and thought..."

You huff in annoyance and turn so that your back is facing him, shutting your ears. You don't want to listen to him if he is laughing at you every second.

"Hey, it's just an animation, stop acting like it's gonna happen in real life," he blows a raspberry, unsure why you're so worked up on this topic.


Author's note:

..........did you guys notice......that....Kai's part was longer than Baekhyun's........ I hope not \(^O^)/

Hope this was an interesting enough chapter for you guys. you guys can speculate who "Death" is but i won't let on... i'm gonna make it as mysterious and hard to guess as I can. ha! also, isn't sehun so cute in here i couldn't NOT write sehun but nah, he won't be one of the main characters in here. ^-^

Also, if you guys are wondering how long this "short fic" will last, I would say less than or equal to ten chapters. 

Btw i made the poster myself, what do you guys think??? It's my first time lol i think i deserve an ice cream. or a kiss. from baekhyun. or kai. or sehun. :-)

Till next time
xoxo