MinKitty

Min Kitty-Cat.

(So I'll be honest I've never had a cat even though I want one :( But I wanted to write this little Oneshot cuteness of fluffyness and I hope you like the story :D I have a surpise ending so please do read all the way though :P )

 

 

 

The young child starred with his brownish hazel eyes, into a large cage, that held the very small black furred kitten. A newborn to its mother from just a weeks. Its small black doe eyes starred at the child in wonder, and fear as the boy stuck his tiny fingers though the bars. The Kitten backed into the far corner slightly. A small adorable ‘Mew’ calling out in a tiny squeak.

‘Umma! I want this one!’ The child said happily, his dark fringe falling into his eyes, which he shook his head about to knock it away. ‘He’s so cute, and tiny and I want him!’ He squealed.

‘Okay Taemin baby,’ He mother chuckled, she came over to see what he wanted, and cooed at the tiny Kitten. ‘Oh he is adorable, are you really sure, 100% that you don’t want a puppy? Like your brother did?’ the mother asked, pointing over to the puppies that were yapping in another set of cages.

‘No I want this Kitty-Cat’ The child said stamping his left foot. ‘I want it, I want it, I want it!’

Taemin the young boy as he was called pouted, as he wriggled his fingers again thought the bars. ‘Come on Kitty?’ he said.

The black kitten continued to stare at them moving digits, eyes following them as they caught his attention instantly. Slowly but surely he began taking a small paw step forward. Carefully it made its way to Taemin’s fingers, its tiny paw striking playfully as it tried to catch them. Taemin began to giggle as the kitten did it again, catching his pointer finger and then its sandpaper tongue over his finger tip, tickling him. Soon the Kitten shrieked, scattering to the far side, as the cage door was unlocked and a large hand came in to pull him out.  

Taemin soon followed quickly behind the shop owner, who placed a small necktie with a bell around his tiny neck and into a much nicer Cat cage. Taemin bounced on the spot as the sum came up and his mother paid.

~

The Kitten shrieked and wriggled, and scratched in the hold of Mr Lee as he lowered him towards the very faint layer of water in the washing up bowl. The Kitten didn’t want to have a bath it seemed but, Minho as he was now named was still being trained in things. A mucky little kitten was not pleasing to the family so he needed a wash. Taemin watched, holding the Animal shampoo ready to wash him as the Kitten began to nip and bite at Mr Lee’s hand.

‘Ouch! No –Come on Minho, we need to wash you!’

It took at least twenty minutes to finally get the small Kitten settled into the bowl of water. And with gentle they were finally cleaning him all over up with only a few small Meow’s of protest if they stopped him.

~

‘Minho?’

Taemin shuffled along the floor, looking under the sofa to try and find his missing Kitten. Pouting as he wondered if he had run away. Or that his brother’s dog Jonghyun had caught him and eaten him. Taemin loved his Kitten so much; he wanted to play with the new cat toy he had bought. ‘Umma?’ he called ‘I can’t find Minho!’

‘Look under the table dear’

‘I already did!’

‘Then what about behind the sofa’

Taemin stood up dusting his knees and climbing, leaning on the furniture over the back of the sofa. He smiled when he finally found his kitten, backed against a wall. On hind legs as he starred at something. Taemin had to lean more to see what is was, only to shriek when he spotted a large spider. Taemin threw his shoe at the insect causing Minho to squeal and run under the sofa and out.

His Father came running in from the kitchen asking what the matter was, as the Kitten suddenly came zooming past his ankles and Taemin seconds after. ‘SPIDER! Kill it!’

~

Minho’s tiny tail swished as he stood on the end of the shelf in Taemin’s room. He had managed to climb his way up to this shelf, and could see the next shelf just a bit further along, he for sure believed he could jump it. He was positive. Taemin was watching from the floor, praying that he would make it. Minho backed a little, leaning his front forward, as his back end lifted slightly ready to pounce and leaped across. Minho then took off. only to miss the next shelf, scattering panel with his tiny nails and falling to the ground. Landing perfectly on his four paws into the pile of messy clothes, which Taemin had left on the floor. Taemin rolled around in laughter calling his parents to come so he could tell them what he had tried to do. Minho didn’t attempt that again for a while, and was instead contempt with the small string his owner held out, that tinkled in front of him that he playfully lunged at.

~

The Kitten purred as he slept against Taemin’s chest, curled up so cutely that Taemin had taken at least 16 pictures. It was where he liked to sleep mostly, Taemin normally went to bed with Minho asleep on his chest and woke up to the kitten pawing his lip gently or at them. He was trailing his fingers along the spine and had sent the kitten into an early sleep.

~

Taemin held back his laughter but gave a large smile as he watched Minho peak a glance at the mirror, where he had noticed from his POV another kitten. Minho was pacing and running past the Mirror only to run back and paw his claws at the enemy cat, confused as it was copying his every move. The Kitten turned to Taemin in a pleading cry to help him. Taemin crawled down to be with his kitten as Minho hissed at the reflection, crawling into Taemin’s lap and now seeing his owner in the reflection too. He glanced back and forwards between the two and clung nails into the t-shirt to claim that Taemin was his and this ‘other’ cat couldn’t have him. Taemin picked him up turning him towards his face and rubbing noses, where the Kitten mewled softly and tried to swat paws as Taemin blew gentle air at him.

~

The first time Minho encountered a vacuum, he was scared. He hid himself under the sofa and watched with large eyes as Mrs Lee cleaned around the living room. His owner’s, brother’s dog however was barking loudly at the item seeming more scared than he.

It came apparent on how much Taemin loved the Kitten, and more so on how much Minho craved his attention when they were younger. But as time went on and Taemin grew into an adolescent teenager and Minho grew into an adult cat, the relationship soon was a little different. But the love was still there.

Taemin shuffled in sleep, hating the fact that he knew he had to get up for school in the morning which was not far away. But worst was the fact that his personal alarm clock was his cat. And Minho was going to be waking him up much earlier than ever wanted. The once purring cat that was once curled near his head pawed gently at his mouth, before lapping a rough tongue against the plum lips and meowing until Taemin awoke with a grunt, he gave Minho a small peck. his furry head and whining.

‘Cant you wake me up in another hour’ he spoke. The Cat just starred at him. Before turning his head and at his own paw. Taemin rolled his eyes ‘I hate you’

~

‘Get off Minho!’

Taemin glared at his Cat whom was laid all out on his laptop. Minho liked the feel of heat the Laptop produced. Usually he would sit on the battery wire block, but since Taemin wasn’t on the laptop he took his chance. ‘Get off!’ Taemin whined again. ‘Come on I have an essay to finish!’

Minho ignored him, closing eyes as Taemin huffed in annoyance before he smiled. ‘Oh Minho!...I think it’s your bath time!’ He said with a grin.

Minho’s green eyes suddenly widened at this statement and he suddenly shot off the bed and out the room. Taemin chuckled sitting on his bed and pulling the laptop into his lap. ‘er’ he chuckled.

Minho’s head peaked back into the room to see if Taemin was coming for him and he mewled when he saw he had been tricked. He trotted over to the bed, jumping up and curling up beside his owner. Taemin began to near his ear earning that familiar purr before he settled asleep.

Taemin took that as his chance to finish his essay and finally finish the paperwork that came with his dance class.

~

‘What the hell did you do to Minho!’ Taemin shrieked as he came home one day to find Minho’s black fur had been dyed in areas with very bright colours. Minho had attempted at some point to it away, only resulting in him heaving up a disgusting looking hairball.

‘I made him look bright…he looks so dull these day’ Kibum his brother chuckled.

Taemin groaned. ‘But I liked him all black…tell me it washes out!’

Kibum tutted ‘Yes it washes out, but look Jonghyun looks great too right?’ Taemin glanced to the Dog beside his brother, hair also coloured including his tail. He didn’t look all that pleased, but then the Dog loved Kibum more than Minho ever showed Taemin. His tongue was hanging from his mouth in a pant, as Kibum smudged his face and cooed at him. But Jonghyun was then starring at Minho now in Taemin’s arm, and began barking, earning a hiss from the cat.

‘Come on Minho we’re washing this off now!’

Minho didn’t respond much until he was placed in the bath, the shower head began running and Minho hissed and growled in displeasure, but soon was lapping at the water droplets as Taemin began to scrub the colours away. Once it was all washed out and Taemin had dried the wet Cat as best he could. He sat on his bed and pulled out the small laser light on his Key chains. Minho jolted upright at the notice of the red dot. He crouched down as he took steps closer.

‘Where’s it going?’ Taemin teased as he moved the light across the floor. Minho leaped for it, and jumped and pounced all around the room, aiming for the Red dot with all his might. Minho was a competitive cat and would not give up, even when Taemin had put the light away, for he would always be on the lookout for its return.

~

‘Psst Minho’ Kibum chuckled, holding a small ball of a greenish substance. The Cat took a sniff and instantly moved closer. Whatever it was it smelt great. He clawed the ball from Kibum hands and attacked it gleefully chewing on a small part, letting his eyes dilate.

‘Kibum!’ Taemin snapped when he came home. ‘What did you give Minho?’

The elder brother laughed as he watched Minho speed around the living room, somehow managing to scatter his way up walls, shelves and up Taemin’s jeans onto his shoulder. His head twitching here and there, eyes still dilated.

‘Just a bit of CatNip’ Kibum laughed. ‘That’s all’

‘You idiot’ Taemin growled. ‘Look at him he won’t rest tonight and I need to study.’

~

Taemin let his toes drag along the Cat chest as it purred, laid all out on the floor, liking the feeling and purring softly. Minho liked to have his owner’s attention, because he was petted and and loved. It was only when things such as Taemin receiving a video call from his friend Jongin, (who had moved across sea’s) did Minho feel instantly neglected. Minho rolled over to start caressing his foot, at the big toe and biting when Taemin was cheerfully laughing over the laptop.

‘OUCH! Minho get off!’ The male kicked his foot up, pulling it onto the bed. ‘Go on shoo I’m talking to someone now.’

Minho hissed slightly and turned leaving the room, he was mid way on the top hallway before he was pounced on by Jonghyun whose slobbering tongue up his head. Minho tried to escaped but the Dog just sat on him. Lapping at him lovingly and playful and barking when Minho tried to scratch to freedom. It took a rather loud Cat shriek, before Taemin came outside and saved him.

‘No Jonghyun, bad dog …leave Minho alone!’ Taemin spoke, in a stern voice taking Minho into his arms and telling the now whimpering dog off.

~

‘Happy Christmas’ Kibum smiled, passing over the small box to Taemin ‘That’s for Minho.’

The boy opened the box, and laughed aloud at the Cat Frog costume. ‘Why this?’ he laughed.

‘Because look at his wide eyes, put it on I want to take a picture’. His brother grinned.

Taemin called Minho over and was quick to put the outfit on. Minho whined a little before he was let free and blinked his eyes at Kibum who was rolling around in laughter. He didn’t smile when Kibum took the pictures and was rather un-mused when Taemin snuggled him.

Jonghyun on the other hand, who was wearing a small reindeer type coat, and headband was sniffing at the large box with many holes.

‘Go on boys’ Mr Lee smiled. ‘We know you both wanted one, so we decided to get you a bunny to share.’

Taemin squealed. While Kibum shuffled over, pulling the box from above a smaller cage, where inside a rather chubby Bunny sat nibbling on a carrot. It halted when it was brought into the light and starred.

‘Oh he’s so cute’ Kibum smiled.

‘Does he have a name or can we choose?’

‘I think we should call him Onew’ Kibum spoke.

‘No we should call him Jinki’ Taemin said.

‘Erm boys…That’s a girl’

~

Minho’s tail swished as he starred at the rabbit though its cage. Both he and Jonghyun didn’t like this pet, since she had claimed both their owners’ attentions lately. Jonghyun hadn’t been on a walk in 2 days and Taemin had kept Minho out of the room when he wanted to snuggle ‘Eunsook’ as her name was decided.

Eunsook continued to nibble on her carrots and lettuce the crunching nibbles was her response to everything. Only halting when Minho hissed or Jonghyun barked.

~

It was one of them days when Minho was home alone, and today was determined no matter what, to climb into this strange brown box that had been left on Taemin’s bed. It was new, and just plain awesome. He walked around it 5 times, tapped it with his paw before he climbed in, then managed to stick his head out though the push out hand hole. When Taemin return later, he starred at Minho who had fallen asleep inside it.

~

‘BOO!’ Kibum said jumping out in front of the Cat who screeched scattering paws along the floor and hiding behind Mr Lee’s legs. ‘Kibum leave him be’ the man chuckled. While Taemin scowled at him. Taking Minho into his arms and cuddling him.

‘He knows I’m only teasing’ Kibum grinned. ‘Plus he’s gotten a little fat, I thought id help him loose weight’

‘He’s not fat’ Taemin spoke defensive. ‘He’s just a bit cubby’

‘You keep over feeding him every time he asks for food’ Mr Lee stated.

‘Nuhu!’ Taemin protested.

‘You do Taemin’ Kibum spoke with a knowing look.

‘You’re not a fatty are you Minho?’ Taemin spoke cooing at the slightly plump Cat. Minho ignored him, letting Taemin fussed over him. Knowing full well Taemin would be feeding him soon enough.

~

‘Do you think anyone will ever love me’ Taemin asked one evening. Minho was curled up on his lap, while Taemin spoke to Jongin over the video call.

‘I’m sure someone will one day…but your family loves you, I love you…in a brother way…I’m sure even fatso on your lap loves you too’ Jongin chuckled.

‘He’s not fat’ Taemin whined, and looked at the large lump of hair. ‘Minho do you love me?’

The Cat lifted his head up, taking a surprise at Taemin’s nose before snuggling back into his warm snuggle.

‘See’ His friend laughed.

~

Taemin groaned as he carried his backpack, heading home from his long day at school. He jumped at the continued buzz of his phone in his pocket and answered. ‘Hello?’

‘Taemin come home quick!’ Kibum’s panicked voice sounded out.

‘Why?’

‘Minho got hit by a car’

Taemin had never run this fast before. When he got onto his street he could see just outside his home, his brother sat in the middle of the road, a small crowd of people surrounding him. Taemin pushed through them to see his Cat laid on the ground, a small puddle of blood behind his back, and his body trembling. Kibum was trying to sooth him. Until Taemin shoved him aside and rested his hand on Minho’s head.

‘Oh Minho what happened to you’ he cooed.

‘Stupid driver’ Kibum sniffled. ‘Jonghyun was barking like crazy, and when I looked out the window Minho was running from some idiot who was driving backwards. It was almost like the driver wanted to run him over.

Taemin eyes welled up at this and turned back to see Minho starring though weak green eyes.

‘It’s okay Minho…I’m here’ He soothed.

The Cat mewled softly, purring only slightly to the careful stokes. After a small while he slowly closed his eyes and Taemin felt his body still.

‘Minho?’ he called. Shaking his head, ‘No…no Minho…come on…we can go inside, and play with your new toys’ the male swallowed. ‘Minho!’

Kibum let his head hang as he knew the Cat was gone. Taemin began to sob hard and took the Cat into his arms, despite the blood, and despite the limpness of the feline he held him close. Only a few watched as the young boy wept.

For Taemin is best friend had been taken from him.

~

‘Hey you!’ Sulli his down the road neighbour snapped one day, as she found Taemin sat on the front garden. Taemin looked up from his hands, which held a stick with attached ribbon string, that had torn marks along it. ‘What?’ he asked.

‘Your –Your cat… He got my Taeyeon Pregnant’ She spoke, watching as Taemin’s eyes got bigger. ‘He used to come over most days and I’d find them at it and I’d have to drag him off her’ Sulli grumbled. ‘Look, I know you miss Minho, but…I can’t keep her Kittens. So…if you want one, before I sell the others…you can take one when they’re born’.

Taemin couldn’t believe Minho had even done that, sure he didn’t always know where he pottered about too when he left the house, but he never realised Minho had mated with another Cat. But he nodded all the same, if he could keep even a little part of Minho he would.

~

‘I know it’s a girl. But she’s exactly like Minho’ Sulli spoke passing over the tiny kitten of black fur, and green eyes.

Taemin looked at the black kitten and smile. ‘She does look just like him’ He gave a tearful smile, wriggling hands about in front of her. The Kitten blinked a little then mewled so cutely that Taemin awed.

~

1 year later.

‘MINJUNG!’

The Kitten jumped. Claws that had been pawing at the bathroom door halting. Taemin then yanked open the door to glare at the Kitten. ‘Just stop it okay, I’m having a bath you cannot join me every time I have one’ He gave the Feline a look.

‘Mew’ the Kitten called back in response. Taemin rolled his eyes, Minjung was a very clingy Kitten, just like Minho had been, though it was almost like she had imprinted on him, and wanted to spend every second of every day with him, and she even tried following him to school.

Taemin nudged his head for Minjung to shift, but the Kitten only purred curling around his feet and trying to walk inside the bathroom,. Taemin groaned and looked up, only to widen his eyes at a male stood at the top of the stairs. He had long dark hair, and a crooked smile. And large doe like eyes.

‘Erm hi…you must be Taemin, Kibum’s brother?’ He spoke.

Taemin looked the tall male up and down. ‘Sorry…you are?’

‘Minho, Choi Minho, I’m friends with your brother…is that your Kitten she’s really cute’ The tall male spoke.

‘Yeah –yeah, she is erm…could you like –take her from the door –I need to finish my bath?’. Taemin spoke.

The male nodded. Scratching awkwardly at his neck ‘Oh…yeah…erm Okay, he blushed a little, leaning forward to pull the now protesting Kitten from his feet. ‘You’re erm…’ The male Minho spoke, only to yelp as Minjung bit his finger. ‘Ow’

Taemin glanced down before gasping. ‘Ah…erm yeah…okay I’ll just…’ he slammed the door quickly.

Taemin decided on a quick shower instead of the bubble bath, after that moment, then after drying up and dressing, he went down stairs to see the handsome male again. This Minho guy was cooing at the Kitten. Smiling at her and kissing her furry head.

Taemin slowly stepped forward, smirking ‘You’re really good with her, she doesn’t like strangers much.’ Minho looked up and smiled wider.

‘Maybe I smell like my Cat’ Minho chuckled. ‘You should bring this cutie over, I’m sure they would make great friends’.

‘You have a Cat?’

‘Yeah, Yoogeun’

‘What did you say your name was again?’

‘Choi Minho’

‘I had a Cat once named Minho’ Taemin sighed.

The male nodded ‘Yeah..I heard from your brother, sorry for you loss’

Taemin nodded sadly sitting beside the male, and was suddenly pounced on by an excited Kitten; Taemin chuckled and gave Minjung the attention she craved.

At the end of that week, Taemin did take Minjung over to meet Yoogeun, but after a year, it wasn’t the Kittens who mated. But the owners who fell in love. 

 

 

 

 

(So was it cute fluffyness enough?? I hope you liked it and the Cat actions was like that of a real cat haha. :) )

 

 

Comment please :)