Better Thing

Ours: Khuntoria Drabble Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria puts her luggage into her car boot. She smiles in satisfaction while clapping her hands. She closes the boot and heads to the driver's seat. Without any second thought, she starts her car and drives merrily.

 

She is going to a hotel to celebrate one of her best friend's wedding. After that, she plans to enjoy the holiday there. She also wants to celebrate on getting her driving license yesterday. 

 

Though she doesn't know where the hotel is, she isn't worried because she's sure that her new GPS is going to help her reach there. She drives happily while singing along to the songs playing.

 

'Everything is running smoothly.' She says in her mind. 

 

Just when she thinks about it, her car suddenly decides to break down. It stops in the middle of the road. And in the middle of nowhere. Victoria lets out a groan. She knows it. Everything is going too smoothly and now, look at what happens when she least expects it.

 

Doesn't want to be burned in the heat, she gets out of the car and slams the for angrily. She looks around to see if there livings nearby. A sigh escapes her lips when she sees nothing. The place is stranded. Trust GPS, they said. It'll be okay, they said. It doesn't help that her car is being a total useless thing right now.

 

One would expect her to check the car's condition, but of course she won't do that because she doesn't know how. Calling one of her friends will be a waste of energy because it seems there is no connection. 

 

Well, sleeping in the car for the night doesn't seem like a bad idea now that the sun is slowly setting. Except that there is a risk of getting robbed. 

 

When she is about to enter her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter