This is Goodbye

This Is Goodbye

"Hey, Taeyeon unnie! What's wrong with you?" Seohyun asks, watching as the blond leader sits on the floor of the dance room rubbing her ankle."Are you hurt? You're so distracted!" All the members look at their leader, all worried. She has in fact been distracted lately. So distracted that she can't even dance today.
"No, I'm fine. I'm sorry, I'll work harder." Taeyeon apologizes, feeling absolutely horrible. How can she, as the leader, be so careless and let her members down like this? Yoona crouches down, eye level with Taeyeon.
"Shall we take a break then?" she says, feeling sympathetic towards Taeyeon. She knows what's distracting her so much. Baekhyun.
"Ah, let's eat!" Sooyoung cheers, clapping her hands together. "I'm hungry." Sooyoung was always hungry. The members agree that food sounds like a good idea, though Taeyeon declines.
"Go and eat, I'll stay here and practice some more."
"Are you sure?" Seohyun furrows her brows, Taeyeon's always hungry too. It's unllike her to turn down food.
"Yes, go on. Come back soon." Taeyeon assures them. The girls say their goodbyes and leave excitedly, deciding on what to eat. Taeyeon sits in the floor for a minute, feeling the silence of the large, empty practice room. She stands, her ankle slightly sore, and rummages through her bag for her cellphone.
"No missed calls..." she murmurs, feeling let down. Why hasn't Baek called her? They haven't talked since Monday morning, two days ago. She finds him in her contacts and presses call, feeling impatient and tired.
"Hello?"
"Hey." she says quietly, uneasily. "How are you?" Baekhyun quiets what sounds to be a laughing Chanyeol and says, "I've meant to call, really."
"You're busy, it's okay." she says, though she's angry. She's hurt. It's not okay,and they both know it.
"Taeyeon--ah, sorry. I've got to go. I'll call you tonight, I promise." Before she can reply, the line cuts off and she feels cold. Cold and alone. And she knows what she has to do. She's been thinking of it for at least two months. Her love for Baek is undeniable, she loves him with a passion. Though, sometimes if you love something, you must let it go. She takes a deep breath and decides that tonight, she'll let the love of her life go.

Baekhyun's heart is pumping full speed as he drives to Taeyeon's house. She had asked him to come over, that it was important. Baekhyun isn't stupid; he knows what's happening and sadly enough, he saw it coming. He loves her, no doubt. Loves her a lot, she's most definitely his soulmate. Where the relationship went wrong, he doesn't know. He pulls into the parking garage of her apartment complex and takes a deep breath. Baehyun, you love her. Let her go. With as much courage as he can muster, he gets out of the car and walks towards the end. He doesn't even have to knock. The door opens and Taeyeon steps aside, smiling hesitantly at him. Her eyes are red and puffy from crying. Her heart screaming for relief. As much as she loves him, she wants to be released from this relationship. From his love.
"Have you eaten?" she asks, watching as he pulls off his coat and sits on her cream colored couch. His stomach flips--he hasn't eaten in a day.
"Don't worry, I'm fine." he says anyway, smiling at her. She stands there, looking at her feet cushioned inside pink house slippers. Say it, Taeyeon. Don't play around.
"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asks, scooting to the end of the couch so she could sit. She sniffles quietly and sits beside him, taking note of his dark, sparkling eyes and messy brown hair.
"Ah, we're not okay. Are we?" she finally says, almost too quietly for Baekhyun to hear. But he heard it.
"We aren't okay, Taeyeon." he responds, just as quietly. A single tear rolls down her cheek and she turns towards him, her lower lip trembling.
"I love you, Baek! You're my soulmate--I know you are. But sometimes, we have to let go of the things we love." His heart stops, and then starts beating again at a fast pace. His hands shake. His eyes glaze over.
"Taeyeon...I...I love you, too. Should we...let each other go?" Taeyeon grabs his cold hand and squeezes it. Maybe assuring him it would be okay.
"Tonight, then. This is goodbye."