Realization

I knew I loved you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 - Realization

Minho woke up but did not open his eyes, he felt a warm feeling. It made him not want to get up but he was curious about it. He opened his eyes only to be met with Taemin’s. They were looking at each other for a few seconds before they smiled. Without saying anything other than good morning, Taemin got up and went to shower and change.

While Taemin was in the bathroom, Minho thought back to the night before. It was almost exactly like in his fated dream, where he realized he was in love. Though the events differed, the kiss which was the tip on the iceberg has happened. The feeling was similar to it but it seemed to be stronger than it was in his dream. He felt relieved that Taemin didn’t seem to behave differently because of it.

“I love him…” he said because these words still seemed surreal in his head. Now that he said it out loud it finally seemed more real.

He knew he loved him already but he always denied it thinking he’s gone crazy to have fallen in love with his figment of imagination. Now though that he knew he wasn’t just fictional being he realized his feelings.

Taemin on the other hand was freaking out.

‘What have I done?! He must think I’m some ert or something…’ he scrubbed his hairs harshly groaning with pain.

“Ahh…” he sighed. He washed the shampoo away and stepped out of the shower. He dried himself with a towel and dressed. He threw the wet towel into the basket and got a new one to wrap around his neck to prevent his damp hairs wetting his new clothes.

As he came into the room he ran into Minho who seemed to be on his way out.

“Ah… sorry…” Minho said awkwardly gulping his saliva as he saw Taemin. His wet dripping hairs were y and the water drops sliding from his face as well.

“O-ok…” Taemin answered with a flushed face as the events from yesterday night played in his head. He ducked his head and avoided any eye-contact.

“Ah, well,” Minho paused before he continued, “breakfast is ready so come down.”

“Yes…” Taemin answered still avoiding Minho’s eyes. Minho shrugged and continued to go where he wanted to.

Taemin lifted his head as he heard his footsteps getting away and turned. He looked at his back as he blushed and his heart started beating faster.

“What’s this…” his hand squeezed his chest because it pained him. He panted and once again looked in the direction where Minho went.

“…feeling?” he asked into the wind hoping to get some answers but only silence befallen him.

He came down after he calmed a little and the pain has subsided.

“Good morning.” Minho’s mom said with a smile. The same did his dad and Minsoek. Taemin wasn’t used to this warm feeling so he ducked his head embarrassed. Minho smiled amused at his cuteness.

“G-Good morning.” he said with a shaking voice. It worried Minho but it was melted away the moment he noticed his burning ears and he laughed loudly. That caught the others attention including Taemin whose face was still red like a tomato.

When Minho noticed him he froze. It was the adorable sight that made him be unable to say anything to his family who asked why he was laughing.

The two of them stared at each other but Taemin’s gaze was questioning and confused while Minho’s was full of love. Minho turned red at the intense stare of Taemin and quickly looked away to avoid being found out by him.

The others at the table looked at each other and smiled amused. Their interaction was priceless, Minho’s mom would have squealed if she could, it was so adorable.

Little after they finished their food, Minho got a call from Key, who seemed more hyper than normally.

“Hey! Minho.” he immediately said when Minho was halfway saying ‘What?’

“Come over with Taemin for lunch.” he said as a matter-of-fact and Minho was dumbfounded when he said ‘bye’ and hung up.

Minho stared at his phone for a long while before he went to the kitchen, where Taemin and his family were conversing and occasionally laughed at something.

“Key wants to cook lunch for me and Taemin.” he said to them when he got their attention.

“Great. Don’t worry and go.” his mom said sensing his worry for her. She was more than happy that Key had taken a liking to this sweet boy that sat across from her looking curiously at Minho.

“I’ll find some old clothes that would fit you, Taemin.” She smiled at him and got up from her seat. She grabbed Minho with her not caring about his confusion.

“Take Taemin after lunch to a clothing store and I recommend taking Key with you. You can do what you want with him after you’ve bought the clothes, okay?” she said quickly after they were alone but she didn’t let him go without a teasing wink. Minho blushed when he understood the meaning behind it.

“Mom~!” he said in a whiny voice as she just laughed and went to look for the clothes.

Key bolted from his seat when he heard the bell ring and was in front of the main doors in a flash. Jonghyun was frozen to where he sat from Key’s unexpected movement and Onew didn’t have a care in the world as he laid on the soft couch waiting for the food.

Key immediately hugged Taemin after he opened the doors for them making him surprised and awkward.

“Hello there, Key.” Minho said with a slight irritation in his voice. Key finally pulled away from his ‘son’ and faced Minho.

“Oh, hi!” he said as if he didn’t know he was there, too. Minho just sighed and shook his head in disbelief over his friend’s obvious lack of interest in him.

“Hi, Minho, Taemin!” Jonghyun said from the doors to the living room as he watched amused his lover shower their ‘son’ with affection.

“Hi, Jong.” Minho greeted him back.

“Hello, Jonghyun-appa.” Taemin blushed a little embarrassed saying it. Key grabbed his hand and dragged him off to somewhere. As he was being taken away he looked at Minho and as he threw him a smile, Taemin felt reassured and turned around to follow Key.

Minho went straight to the living room greeting Onew, who just nodded his head sleepily. Really, he was just a sleepyhead, when he was free. Still he was the brightest of them all when he had a great rest.

“What do you want for lunch?” Key asked Taemin, who stood awkwardly next to him.

“…Anything…” He tried but Key didn’t want vague and polite answer.

“Don’t be shy, say what you want.” He insisted.

“But-“

“No buts, I insist on your choice.” Taemin finally understood it doesn’t do any good to oppose him. He pondered for a while and finally gave Key the answer he wanted.

“Steak…” he trailed off. Key smiled gleefully and dashed to the living room where the others chatted.

"Jjong, go buy meat." He gave him a slip of paper where he wrote what he needed and the other gave in without resistance.

"Okay. Just this?" He made sure Key didn't forget about anything and left for the shop.

After Key was done cooking they all sat down in the kitchen. Taemin was happy there was all his favourites which Key got from him and rang Jonghyun so he could buy it and cook. Minho was awed for this was more of a feast than a lunch.

Onew made jokes without stopping and Taemin was laughing at all of them. Minho watched him with a smile and was really glad to have such great friends.

Jonghyun joined them after he washed the dishes and they were all in the living room. Key doted on his 'son' once again but it didn't matter to Taemin he felt happy. Minho and Onew were chattering and laughed once in a while. Jonghyun was trying to get Key's attention and was also trying to dote on Taemin. They watched TV, played games and just chatted and doted on the youngest.

They haven't even realized it was already time for them to go home. They said goodbye and with wishes of 'Be safe' they headed home.

...

"Is there Mr. Choi?" The voice in the phone asked.

"Yes, speaking."

"I'm calling you to let you know they have been arrested." Minho's dad smiled slightly.

"Yes."

"But I also call because we need the child to testify in the court." At this he grimaced a little. He knew it was inevitable but he didn't want Taemin to meet his parents ever again.

"Could he not meet them? I don't want to expose him to danger." He tried and was glad when the police officer agreed with him.

"I also think it would be for the best. I'll try to make arrangements."

"Thank you. Have a great rest of the day."

"You, too." And the phone was hung up.

He sat down in the chair exhausted. He sighed when he thought back to the call again. He really hoped it was possible for Taemin to not meet his so-called parents.

"What was it?" His wife asked while his elder son trailed behind her clearly curious. He told them to sit up and explained everything.

They have also agreed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter