--6--

For the remaining days...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul packed her thing and placed into her bagpack. Today was Sunday and she was not warded anymore. Busy packing her things, the door suddenly opened and she gasped as she heard a voice that she had been missing for.

“Mark oppa!” she beamed as she jumped a little bit in happiness.

Mark ran towards her as she hugged him tightly.

“I miss you so much oppa!” she stated as she dismissed the hug and cupped his face.

“My princess has grown up! I miss you too!” he smiled sweetly at her as he messed up her hair.

“Oppa!” she slapped his hand lightly and he chuckled.

“Ready?” Mark asked as he raised his eyebrows.

She nodded and Mark got her back and linked his fingers with her before they both walked out from the room. They passed the children wards and Haneul stop walking. Mark looked at her with puzzle face but she just dragged him towards the nurse counter.

“Excuse me, can I know where’s the room of patient named Kim Ju Mi?” Haneul asked the nurse who was sitting at the counter.

Mark scratched his head in weirdness but he didn’t say anything.

“Her room is 17” the nurse said and they both exchanged a smile.

Haneul dragged Mark along with her towards Ju Mi’s room.

“Wait..wait..who is Ju Mi?” Mark asked he stopped his track.

“My friend.” She answered shortly and continue walking.

“There is it!” she pointed out towards the room as she saw it.

The door was widely opened and she walked into the room but unfortunately, Ju Mi wasn’t there. There’s only a nurse inside the room who was fixing the white bed.

“Yes Ms. Can I help you?” the nurse ask as she saw Haneul.

“Err.. is this Ju Mi’s room?” she asked straight forward.

“Yes. But Ju Mi’s isn’t here.  Her mother bring her to the treatment room. Is there anything I can help you?”

She shook her head at first and the nurse continued her work. She went behind Mark and ped the bagpack. She took out a piece of drawing that she had draw last night and placed on the drawer beside Ju Mi’s bed. She was about to leave the room but she turned her back again.

“Nurse, Ju Mi afflicted with what kind of diseases?” she asked corncernly.

“Tumor of the chest wall. She will undergoes a surgery next week.” The nurse stated and she gasped in shock.

“If there’s nothing else, excuse me. I need to go.” The nurse said and they both nodded and thank them.

 

Haneul remained silent in the car, there’s something disturbing her mind. Mark didn’t drive home straight away. He went to Haneul’s favourite restaurant, he could sense something didn’t go right.

“Haneul-ah..” Mark called her name softly as he touched her hand.

Haneul gasped in shock as she spontaneuosly dragged her hand away.

“What are you thinking of?” he asked corcernly as he looked deep into Haneul’s eyes.

She shook her head as she threw away her gaze. She didn’t want to tell Mark.

“Then look at me..” Mark said as he widen his eyes.

Haneul chu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter