Fin.

Doctor, Doctor

“Hey, Doc. Your regular is here. Again.”

You look up to see the unimpressed face of your assistant, Oh Sehun as he leans against your doorframe.

“This is his fourth visit just this week.” You said, frowning as you motioned for Sehun to bring you his file and charts.

“Yes, I know. Hence the term, regular.” The ever sassy Sehun rolled his eyes. “Here. I’ll send him in soon.”

“You can send him in now, if you want.” You said, flipping through the file. “It’s probably nothing special again.”

---x---

The first time Byun Baekhyun had fallen into your life, he had done just that. Fallen. Off the stage. That was a week ago.

Since then, he had been showing up at your clinic, complaining about things such as “leg pain” , “cramps” and even, “intense leg pain.” You rolled your eyes as you waited for said man to hobble into your room.

“Hey, doc.” He said, sparkling brown eyes crinkling up in a smile.

“Hey, Baekhyun. Have a seat.” You motioned for him to sit on the examination bed. “What’s up?”

“Ahem, you know how I came to you last week with leg pain?” Baekhyun shifted until his crutches were resting between his legs and he swung his legs back and forth. “Well, I come today with a new pain.”

“Of course. What is it this time?” You lean back in your chair, watching his face impassively.

Baekhyun was handsome, there was no denying it. You noted the way his bottom lip pushed out just a little in a pout, and the way he curled his arms around himself, defensively. His eyes were rounder than before as he searched your face, as if trying to draw strength to speak of his newfound illness.

“Um…” He started, and you found your eyes being drawn to his mouth again. “So, lately I’ve been having trouble sleeping and I can’t possibly waste what little time I have off from my busy schedule by staying awake! I must catch up on my sleep!” Baekhyun threw his head back and scowled at the ceiling. “It’s like the universe is conspiring against me. I’m so sleepy when I have back to back schedules, but the moment I’m on break, my eyes won’t shut.”

“I don’t want to prescribe you sleeping pills, so I’ll just tell you to do some exercises before getting into bed. Try to not use your electronics late into the night and try taking a nice hot bath instead of a cold shower before you go to sleep.” You quickly jotted it down on paper and gave it to Baekhyun. “The best medicine is actually not medicine.”

Baekhyun grinned back at you, his smile on full blast as you took a moment to admire him. A smiling Baekhyun looked even better than the usually smirking Baekhyun that had been waltzing into your office the past week and demanding you fix his trivial problems.

“Thank you, doc!” Baekhyun carefully hopped off the examination bed and you handed him his crutches, not that he needed them, really. It was a minor sprain but if you had learned anything this past week, it was that Byun Baekhyun never did anything half-. If he had hurt his leg, he was going to milk it for all it was worth.

“No worries. And if you ever need anything, just swing by the clinic, and I’ll see what I can do!” You found yourself saying before you could even think twice.

Baekhyun’s grin stretched wider, making him seem a little deranged and – dare you think it – adorable.  “Count on it.”

Smiling, you saw Baekhyun out, only to turn around and come face to face with your secretary.

“You seem happy.” Sehun drawled lazily.

“You seem apathetic to the world.” You countered. “As per usual.”

“Hey,” Sehun said, leaning back in his chair, “Not my fault. I’ve seen it all. Nothing fazes or piques my curiosity anymore.”

You raised your eyebrow. “Really?”

“Really.” Sehun responded smugly. “Try me.”

“All right.” You grinned, never one to back down from a challenge, “After we’re done for the day, I’m taking you to a little bar close to where I grew up. It’s a fair ride away, but if you’re up for it…”

“I’m game.” Sehun said, before turning back to his computer screen. “Now go back to your office, doc. You have an influx of patients arriving soon.”

---x---

“I didn’t know you grew up so on the outskirts of the city.” Sehun looked around. “Does anyone even live here?”

“Shut up.” You rolled your eyes as you ushered Sehun into the little bar owned by your patient-turned-friend.

The last time you had come visited the bar, you had run into the newest edition to the waiting staff, Huang Zitao, and knew immediately that he was the man to make your secretary’s heart stutter. With an amazing bone structure, legs that went on for miles and black hair that - when pushed back - revealed a gorgeous forehead atop intense eyes, Zitao was heartbreak on legs.

“Tao!” You waved the waiter over, and turned in your seat to gauge your secretary’s expression. “Sehun, this is Tao. Tao, this is Sehun.”

You frowned as Sehun smirked and Tao put a hand over his cat like mouth, trying to suppress the giggles that threatened to burst forth. This was not what you had in mind. Your imagination went something along the lines of Sehun falling to his knees like a love-sick idiot and Tao sweeping your cold-faced secretary off his feet. Not the two laughing at you.

“I know Tao.” Sehun said, his eyes glinting with a hint of something. “I know Tao very well.” Tao blushed at Sehun’s remark.

“He’s my fiancé.” Tao said shyly, inclining his head towards Sehun.

Oh. Oh.

Great, you mentally rolled your eyes. Nothing really could faze Sehun.

---x---

“We have a special guest singer tonight.” Your friend made his way onto the stage. “Normally he would be performing in front of thousands of screaming fans but circumstances have forced this old friend of mine to return back to his humble beginnings.

“Hopefully not for long!” A strangely familiar voice spoke up from behind the curtains, and the audience tittered.

“Ladies and gentlemen, please help me in introducing my friend, Baekhyun.” Your friend walked off the stage and your eyes widened as you saw Baekhyun walk on stage.

“See? Now this is the kind of stuff that throws me off my game.” Sehun said, eyes wide and mouth open in an ‘o’.  If this were any other time, you would have taken a picture, but right now, you were in shock as well.

Baekhyun sat down on a stool provided by a stage hand and did a cute little shuffle in his seat as he tried to find a comfortable position, crutches resting against the ground. He grinned as he pulled out his guitar and strummed a few strings. He quickly scanned the crowd, and you watched as his eyes widened a fraction when they landed on you.

“Thank you for coming out here, ladies and gentlemen. I was originally going to play a silly song I had written once as a kid, but something tells me I need to change my set a bit.” Your heart thumped a little at his words.

“You see, last week, I fell off stage and sprained my ankle. I was sad for a while, but then I ran into an angel. See, she helped me through all my whining and trivial problems. And let me tell you, I whined a lot! It wasn’t until I reached my dorm that night that I realized something was telling me to go back to the doctor’s. One visit turned to four within a week and I started running out of excuses.”

By now, you were trying not to giggle like a maniac and had to put a hand to your mouth to stop the on flow of giggles that threatened to spill out. Sehun nudged you slyly, laughing under his breath.

“This just gets better and better.” He said. “I’m so glad you brought me out today.”

Onstage, Baekhyun continued his confession. “You see, I thought that maybe if I kept visiting her, talking to her, I could get over this feeling, whatever it was, but over time as I slowly started to lose sleep, I realized that things were serious. I actually went to the clinic today, so ready to confess!” Baekhyun was gripping the mic now, his eyes trained on you while the rest of the audience hung off his eyes word. “But you know what? I chickened out. I even had the cheesiest pick up line ready!”

The audience aww’ed in unison, feeling Baekhyun’s pain.

“I was planning on being all suave and saying something like “Oh, I can’t sleep all night. I tried counting sheep in my head but all I could see was you.” You know, something equally as cheesy and stupid.” Baekhyun winked and you felt your heart go aflutter.  “But I chickened out.”

“Then go again tomorrow and confess!” Sehun shouted from beside you and the rest of the crowd cheered in agreement.

“I really should, shouldn’t I?” Baekhyun asked, intense eyes burning into yours. “But until then, I’ll placate myself by dedicating this song to that angel.” Baekhyun spared the audience a small smile before his eyes found yours again, and he launched into the most beautiful song you had heard.

---x---

“Wow, I didn’t know you could sing so well!” You congratulated Baekhyun after he finished his third set and got off the stage.

“I- I, yeah. I am a singer, you know.” Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck, self-consciously.  Now that he was off the stage, all the earlier confidence he had was wearing off and the possibility of rejection loomed overhead.

“I really liked your first set.” You said, slowly walking with him to the back of the restaurant. It was later in the night and Sehun had already gone home with Tao about half an hour ago, as had most of the patrons.

“I liked it too.” Baekhyun said, eyes searching yours questioningly.

“You know, I know you have your heart set on this angel of yours and whatever, but do you think you could maybe spare some time for this earthling and grab coffee sometime?” You asked.

“Are you asking me out?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

“Was it not evident?” You grinned.

“Yes! Yes, I would love to grab coffee with you!” Baekhyun jumped up and down in his seat, wiggling his around in an imitation of a dance.

“You’re really cute.” You blurted out. “. I wasn’t supposed to say that.”

Baekhyun threw his head back and laughed. “I’m glad you said it. Though I was hoping for something more along the lines of ‘y’”.

“Hmmm, nope. You’re cute.” You laughed as he wrinkled his nose.

“I guess we’ll have to fix that then.” Baekhyun said, all signs of mirth bleeding away from his eyes, replaced by something darker, more intense. He leaned forward, those damn lips that you can never look away from.  

“Maybe tomorrow.” You winked as you grabbed his crutches and shoved them to his chest. “Till then.”

“Aaaahhhh!!!” Baekhyun whined, frustrated. “And here I thought you were an angel!”

“Yeah, well, you thought wrong.” You grinned as you grabbed your car keys and walked out.

“Wait!” Baekhyun followed you out, “If you’re not an angel, then what are you? You can’t possibly be a mere human being!”

“Well, depending on how tomorrow goes, you’ll figure it out.” You got in your car and waved to Baekhyun as you drove away.

---x---

Baekhyun stood there, bathing in the moonlight, the light summer breeze caressing his face and blowing his strands into his eyes.

Baekhyun stood there and wondered how the hell he was going to impress you tomorrow.

---x---

[A/N]: CUTE AND Y BAEK FOR YOU! Sorry for any and all mistakes. :P