i/i

you're in my heart ; and in my mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“, your looks so good from this view.”

Sehun internally groans. Now is not the time for this and Jongin knows it. Never stopped him from doing whatever the he wants though.

“Jongin, can you please stop ogling my and focus on the mission!” Sehun growls.

“And how do you expect me to do that, when it’s right in front of my face?”


Sehun has no argument for that, seeing as his is right in front of his face. It’s not like he wanted to be crawling through spider-web filled vents that he could barely even fit through. And he told Jongin to go first, so this is not his fault! Wait a minute.

“You did this on purpose didn’t you?”

Sehun wait’s for a reply, but is met with silence.

“Jongin!” Sehun can practically hear the gears turning inside Jongin’s head as he tries to come up with an excuse. “And don’t ing lie to me.”

Jongin finally gives in and admits defeat. “Okay, . Yes I did it on purpose. But you would too if you had an as nice as yours!”

Sehun doesn’t tell Jongin that he does have an as nice as his. Okay, maybe not as nice, but it’s pretty damn close. Instead he says nothing. When Jongin receives no reply, he begins to feel uneasy.

“Sehun..”


Still no reply.

“Sehun.. “

Silence.

“Sehuna.. Hun!” Sehun still doesn’t reply. He can sense the irritation beginning to bubble within Jongin, but at this point he doesn’t even care.

“Oh, c’mon! Are you serious right now?” Jongin whines, “We can talk to each other in our minds, and you’re giving me the silent treatment.”

Sehun quietly sighs. Sometimes he wishes they couldn’t. Jongin can get a bit annoying. But they had a special connection that allowed them to do so, Suho had told them long ago. He’d said they were the only ones in decades who had the capability of doing it and that it was a rare gift. Almost as rare as mind control.

“Are you mad at me?” Sehun hears Jongin ask him.

He isn’t mad at him. He just really wishes he would grow up. He knows how serious the work they do is, and yet he’s always messing around.

“Sehun.. I’m sorry okay. I’ll stop messing around. I promise.”
 

And that’s the thing. He always says he’s sorry but he continues to around during missions. It’s like he doesn’t take what they do seriously. Like he doesn’t care about the dangers that lurk behind every corner; ones that can get them killed. Being an agent with superpowers is not all fun and games. So if that means he has to completely cut Jongin off to show him that he’s serious, that’s what he’s going to do. And he does.

It’s like flipping a switch. Sehun can’t believe how easy it is to just cut Jongin off; to block him from his mind. It would have almost felt natural if it wasn’t for the fact that it felt like a piece of him was being stripped away. He’s grown used to someone being there, lurking in the recesses of his mind. It’s extremely weird and uncomfortable. But it feels ten times worse because it’s Jongin. He’s never done this to him before; never had to. Sehun has always allowed him access to everything; whether it be his heart, his body, or his mind. And Sehun absolutely loves it. He loves how much he has opened himself up to other and vice versa. It makes him feel complete.

Jongin makes him feel complete.

All his life, Sehun had felt like he didn’t belong. He knew he was different from everyone else. He was much much smarter than everyone in his class. And his memory was superb. He could memorize anything in less than 10 seconds, no matter what it was. He could also read minds, but this was something Sehun kept to himself for obvious reasons. The only issue Sehun had with this was that sometimes he couldn’t turn it off.

(Later on when Sehun met the others, he came to realize that this was because he was part of a very small percent of people on Earth who could use up more than 20% of their brains, and that if Sehun wanted - he could gradually learn how to use up all of it. He also learned how to turn of his mind reading, amongst other things.)

Some called him a genius, other’s called him a freak. Sehun just wanted to be normal. Because of this “gift” Sehun was never allowed to live a normal life.

Growing up, he believed that that’s what it was. That him not having a normal life was what made him feel like there was this void waiting to be filled. He’s felt like this ever since he was a child. Like something was missing. What he could never figure out was what exactly was missing; until he met people who were like him. People who made him feel like he belonged. Until he met Jongin.

Warmth. That’s what Jongin is to Sehun. With every touch and every kiss, Sehun feels this heat enveloping him. Rooting itself inside his veins, his flesh, his heart. And every time he let’s go, Sehun feels cold again. That’s how it feels inside his mind now. Cold and void.


Sehun frowns. He doesn’t like it. He doesn’t like it at all. The sudden shift of atmosphere in the vents let’s Sehun know that Jongin doesn’t like it either. Muffled noises coming from below the vents, alert them that they have reached their destination.

“Jongin. Sehun. Are you in position?” It’s Suho.

“Yes.” Sehun replies to him over the earpiece. He hears Jongin reply with his own quiet, “yeah” right behind him.
 

“Okay. Get the hostage and get out. There doesn’t need to be any unnecessary blood shed.” He says, voice staticy in Sehun’s ear. “And make it quick boys. He may not be there, but his guards still are.”

Sehun notices the venom in Suho’s voice at the mention of him. He doesn’t blame him. If anything, Sehun probably hates him just as much. Images of blood, so much blood, invade his mind. He grits his teeth.

Muffled screams shock him out of his thoughts, and Sehun responds to Suho with a quick “Roger that,” before getting to work.

He quietly opens the vent and with practiced ease, jumps and lands swiftly on his feet. He takes quick steps towards the guard currently standing near the door and with one move, hand to neck, he knocks him unconscious.

He turns around and sees Jongin trying to quiet down the bound and tied hostage in the corner of the room.

“Shhh,” Sehun coaxes “It’s okay, we’re not here to hurt you.”


He looks like he’s been through hell, Sehun notes. Brown hair sits atop his head in a messy heap and his pale skin is littered in bruises. The worst bruise, right over his left eye, is so bad he can barely open it. Sehun wonders how many more bruises are hidden underneath his clothes. He scowls. Of course he would beat on an innocent boy.

“When I take this off of your mouth, promise me you won’t scream” Jongin says.
The boy nods his head quickly, and allows Jongin to take the sticky tape off of his mouth slowly. To Sehun’s surprise, he doesn’t scream. They always scream until they realize that hey they’re actually here to rescue me. Maybe I should shut up so I don’t get us all killed.


When Jongin see’s that the boy isn’t screaming, he begins to untie the ropes that bind him around his feet and hands. Once he’s done, the boy gets up and looks between the two of them. He's short. Shorter than both Jongin and Sehun. Probably about the same height as Kyungsoo Sehun thinks. If Kyungsoo heard Sehun say that, he'd probably kill him. He also looks extemely young. Sehun thought he was supposed to be older than them. Must be another Luhan. Luhan would kill him if he heard that too.

 

After a moment, the boy speaks up.


“Who are you guys?” His voice is raspy, like he’s been screaming for hours.


“We’re your only hope of getting out of here” Jongin flippantly replies.


Sehun sends him a sharp look before setting gentle eyes on the boy. “I’m Sehun and this is Jongin,” he says while pointing between himself and his partner “We’re what you would call Secret Agents. We’re here to help you.” He omits the part about them having powers because he doesn’t want to scare the boy before completing their mission.


The boys jaw drops to the floor. “You’ve got to be ting me.”


“Yeah, well we’re not,” Jongin says. His words are clipped, and Sehun can tell that he’s still angry at him. Very angry. Well tough luck. “We actually have to move, like now, before more guards come.”


“They’ve got guns.” The boy suddenly speaks up, “How are we going to get out when they have guns?”


“We can get out” Sehun replies.


“But..” The boy gives them both a once over before continuing, “You guys don’t have any guns. How are you going to fight them if they catch us.”


Sehun shoots Jongin a quick glance before turning back to the boy, “We have our ways.”

That seems to shut the boy up so Sehun walks to the door and places his ear on it. He concentrates and tries to focus his hearing wide enough, but falls short. , I need to work on that. He turns back to the other two.

“Okay no one’s around this area, so we should be fine.” He turns to boy and asks, “What’s your name?”


The boy looks at him in shock but replies, “Minseok.. It’s Minseok.”


“Okay Minseok,” Sehun begins “We’re gonna need you to do everything we tell you to, okay?” He waits until Minseok nods in understanding before continuing “And whatever you see, don’t be afraid. We’re here to help you. Can you do that for me?”


“..Yes,” Minseok replies hesitantly, then repeats more firmly “Yes, I can do that.”

One sharp nod in Jongin’s direction and he’s grabbing onto Minseok’s arm. Okay here we go.

He opens the room door and they move fast. Sehun, who’s in front, leads them through the hallways. He knows the buildings floor plan that Suho had somehow gotten ahold of (every time they ask how he get’s his information, he replies with a “I have my resources”) like the back of his hand. It’s one of the only times he’s grateful for his in-human like memory. There are a lot of twists and turns and Sehun swears he will never in his life buy a mansion.

“Wait,” he suddenly says. He focuses his hearing and can hear some guards walking towards them. He turns to Jongin.


“Four. Headed towards our direction.” Sehun whispers. Jongin nods, and moves to stand in front of Sehun. He looks over his shoulder and says in a low voice, “You might want to move back a little.” When he deems them far enough, he perches on the wall and waits for the guards to arrive.

When they round the corner, one by one, Jongin takes three of them down in four swift moves before they can reach for their guns. The fourth is, unfortunately, a lot quicker and is able to grab and aim his gun straight at Jongin’s head. Before he can squeeze the trigger however, Jongin twists the guards arm behind his back and with his other arm, chokes him until he’s unconscious.

“Oh my god,” Sehun hears Minseok whisper beside him “That was so close.”


“C’mon lets go” Sehun whispers back.


They manage to avoid any altercations with guards after that, and safely reach the entrance. Sehun who’s ahead of them, waves them over.

“There are no guards outside, I already checked” he whispers, “Jongin you trail behind us just in case some guards decide they need to take a piss near the trees”


Jongin nods and they exit the mansion. They run towards the car parked discreetly inside the forest surrounding the mansion.

“Okay we’re here. Get inside.” Sehun pants.
Xiumin looks around and when he see’s absolutely nothing he gives Sehun a weird look. “Get inside..where exactly?”

Sehun opens the back door of the (holy it’s invisible!) car and moves aside to let Minseok in. Minseok still shocked over the fact that he’s currently sitting in an invisible automobile, fusses about for a few moments - touching and exploring the interior of the car almost like he can’t believe it’s real. Sehun chuckles. This part never gets old.

“Hey, thanks for coming to my rescue by the way. I don’t think I ever said that.” Minseok speaks up once he’s done.


Sehun smiles. “You don’t have to thank us. We’re only doing our jobs and it would be a waste for someone like you to end up dead.” Or worse. Sehun thinks. Who know’s what he’s planning on doing with all the people he’s kidnapped. And not just any ordinary people. People like them. The last time him and Jongin came close to figuring it out, it almost got Jongin killed. The memory of Jongin’s pale form covered in blood flashes in his mind.


Minseok looks up at Sehun in confusion. “Why would it be a waste? I’m a nobody.” Sehun silently thanks Minseok for interrupting his thoughts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter