The Perfect New Year

The Perfect New Year

"No Hyung.... You couldn't have...." JongUp tried to rub his face off as he groaned and wanted to die. "You didn't right? Oh, please tell me you didn't..." At the young age of 20, JongUp truly felt that his life was already over. Thanks to his loving Hyung, HimChan.

"Trust me, you'll come to thank me later." He smiled that loving Omma-grin at him with all the embarrassing innocence of a woman who just had to carry around those horrible -in-the-sink-showing-your-tushy pictures in her purse. And you can tell it in his face that OmmaChan was about to pop the latch on his evil bag.

"But Hyung, why her? You couldn't just invite all the awkward girls and play matchmaker with them, instead?"

"You're just as awkward," He cooed, trying to fix little creases here and out-of-places there, "You need this."

"No I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"But Hyung-"

"No buts. You can't do it without my help."

"I can handle it myself."

"Then handle it." On that note, HimChan turned JongUp around and pushed him hard into the crowd of bodies dancing in the living room space. As soon as JongUp disappeared into the crowd, he found the maknae and pulled the giant's ear down to his lips to pass on a message. "I need a favor..."

Music loud, body to body gyrating, random voices mixing, JongUp awkwardly forced his way through the pool of people in whatever direction the swaying path put him. Just when he thought he dodged a problem, someone bumped into him so hard that he knocked into someone else. Quickly apologizing, he turned to give the idiot a piece of his mind.

"Hey! JongUppie! I knew it wouldn't take you long to hit the dance floor!"

Great... Idiot-Hyung. "Hey DaeHyun-Hyung" He flashed that famous angelic smile of his, "I didn't know you could dance!"

"I'm not out here to dance, Uppie. I-"

"Oppa~ why aren't you dancing with me?" Some brunette tried to whine cutely as she flipped her hair from her chest to show off her package and put extra emphasis on the sway of her hips. JongUp already knew it. In the back of his head, DaeHyun was more focused on the miniskirt than he was focusing on her... or her efforts. Just like when another shorty-short shorts with long legs passed by, his eyes always wandered.

Idiot-Hyung shrugged and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, Uppie. The ladies need me."

Before JongUp could respond, YoungJae came out of nowhere, shoving his way past him and all but dragged DaeHyun across the floor. The shoving and pushing started up again and all he wanted  to do at that moment was disappear. Maybe, HimChan had lied to try and get him onto the dancefloor. Maybe she wasn't here and maybe he was subtly panicking out of his mind over nothing. Right, let's go with that. She wasn't here and he was going to dominate this dance floor with his crazy awesome moves. Right when he was about to get his y groove on, another push threw him off balance. Idiot-Hyung strikes again. Frustration welling up, he turned to show his bad side but that frustration bubble was immediately popped when his face was nothing but a hair away from his crush's.

"JongUp? Hey! I didn't know you were here!" SooYeon graced him with her beautiful smile and left him awestruck.

And cue the empty-mindedness and the face-flushing. "Hey" was all he managed. Until Zelo suddenly came over with drinks in hand.

"Uppie-Hyung! Oh? Noona! I didn't know you were here! So that explains the extra cup."

"Extra cup?" JongUp echoed.

"Yea, HimChan Hyung asked me to bring these drinks over to you 'cause you seemed parched. And he said something about a pink elephant in the room... whatever that means. But yea I got these drinks for you and- OOHHH! Hyung! I'm so sorry!"

Of course. This is why you never brought drinks on the dance floor. Of course Zelo was just doing what HimChan asked... and ultimately ended up have fruit punch soil one of his favorite shirts was just peachy keen when you were standing in front of your biggest crush. This was almost just as bad as the baby pictures. Great.

"Ah, it's okay Zelo. I've been shoved all night. Not surprising."

"Here, let me help you clean up." SooYeon interrupted, smiling and nodding to Zelo as she took JongUp's hand and led him over to where the napkins were. Zelo was about to follow but HimChan grabbed him and pulled him in the opposite direction. 

JongUp let himself be pulled by his crush, and was pretty sure his face was just as red and obvious as the stain on his shirt. SooYeon was his crush ever since grade school. She wasn't as popular as he was, but she always stood out like a candle in a dark room. And it wasn't her looks that had him hooked on her, it was her genuine nature. Just like now as he watched her try to clean what can only be removed by OxyClean. After what seemed like five minutes of staring at her beautifully focused face he finally found the courage to take both of her wrists and pull them from his shirt. He held her gaze for a moment and noticed the blush on her cheeks before she quickly looked away. Right then, his heart thumped. ...Could she...?

"Okay everyone!" YongGuk's voice boomed over the party music instantly grabbing everyone's attention, "One minute until midnight!" 

Immediately, bodies started scrambling and pushing past one another. JongUp had yet to move. He froze as he looked back at SooYeon, caught up in her gorgeous features. He was about to be with her for the New Year. His crush. It was all happening too fast and he just didn't know what to do at the moment but look at her. 

"Uh... JongUp? I.. uh..." She looked down between them. He looked too and didn't even realize he was still holding on to her wrists. 

"I'm- I'm sorry! I didn't realize I-"

"N-no. It's not that. I... I kinda had something I wanted to tell you..."

He raised a brow in confusion. When she started to speak, the voices in the room grew significantly louder to point he had to lean in to try and even figure out the words she was saying.

"Omg! DaeHyun! It's almost New Years!" YoungJae started to get excited.

Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven!

"Yah! Stop jumping around so much! You're embarrassing me." Six! Five! Four!

But the excitement got the best of him. Unfortunately, JongUp was standing at the wrong place at the wrong time. YoungJae jumped and hit JongUp right in the back. 

Her eyes were wide staring into his, and he was pretty sure his looked just as shocked as hers. His lips melted perfectly into hers and he could feel the fuzzies start to overwhelm him. Her hands were up on his chest, no doubt put up on instinct, but he could feel the electricity of her pulse charging him. And just like two-hundred thousand watts of voltage hitting him, he jumped back. The flush on her face was more than enough to make him panic and he starting studdering to Planet Mato and back.

"I-I'm s-sorry. He p-pushed me and I- I- I didn't know that was g-gonna h-hap-" Three! Two! One!

Just when he thought he was going to have a brain from overuse, SooYeon grabbed him by the nape of his neck and pulled him back down to her to meet her lips again. His body staggered forward and practically went limp as she heated up the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck and kept him there. He gave up instantly and let himself melt into her arms and his hands just found themselves at her hips. And yes, he gave the heat right back to her.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

The cheers sounded and the smoochfest began and HimChan watched as his plan had succeeded and was apparently still going on. And on.... and on. Since when did JongUp know how to kiss like that???

"Hyung, I accidentally spilled the juice I was supposed to give Uppie Hyung. Sorry." Zelo said in disappointment.

"My adorable maknae. You were perfect and everything went as planned. Happy New Year!" HimChan squeezed the giant baby.

"Well" Bang said standing next to his longtime friend and rubbing Zelo's hair, "Looks like we have a whole 'nother year to look forward to."

"Yep! And I've already decided on my New Year's Resolution." As Zelo walked off to congratulate his other hyungs, HimChan looked at Bang with determination.

"And that would be...?" YongGuk raised a brow and OmmaChan flashed his evil grin.

"Zelo's next."