Chapter I

verisimilitude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23rd January 2015

“Can you stop molesting a poster? It’s disgusting.”

I turned towards the unwanted intruder, grabbed the nearest plush I could reach, a Hello Kitty one, and flung it at him, priding myself with a smirk when I managed to hit the target on his face; trust my retarded brother to have slow reflexes.

“You should plaster your room with posters of Infinite instead. You are way too obsessed over Super Junior,” Hoya commented as he joined me uninvited on my princess bed.

“For the record, this is a Eunhae poster and no I wasn’t molesting the poster,” I felt the need to rectify his words.

“Woman, I swear your fingers were on Eunhyuk’s crotch.”

I swung my arm for a light playful punch on his arm before contesting his proposal.

“So, you’d rather me drool over you guys instead? You’re so ing weird. Firstly you’re my freaking brother; secondly, all of you are like younger than me. Are you encouraging some form of or ia? That’s just wrong in every way!”

I smacked his head lightly to emphasize on how ridiculous he sounded and he retaliated with a shove that almost caused me to fall off my bed.

This was a normal occurrence in our shared apartment; two siblings indulging in a harmless fight. I moved to Seoul with Hoya when he got accepted as a trainee in Woollim, promising our parents back in Busan that I’d take good care of him.

I got myself a position in Woollim in the marketing department and as sister to Hoya; I was also heavily involved in Infinite’s activities from their practices to backstage managing during their concerts.

“You better not let Myungsoo hear that, it’ll break his heart.”

Yeah, I also knew about the feelings his band member had for me; feelings I couldn’t bring myself to reciprocate. I had always treated all the Infinite boys as my younger brothers, except Sunggyu who is only older than me by two months though I refuse to use the term ‘oppa’ on him, and I could never see them that way.

“Stop encouraging wrong behaviour from me!” I snapped at my brother.

“Erm hello, I didn’t like ask you to drool over me dancing or even read fanfictions of me being paired with another member did I? Huh? Huh? You’re such a weird obsessive fangirl.”

“Stop judging me! And what fanfictions?!” I demanded to know the basis of his accusations; which weren’t really false.

“Donghae, will you allow me to take you?” permission was sought for after Hyukjae deemed his lover ready.

“I’ve always been yours Hyukjae, since the moment I laid eyes on you. My entire being; my heart, my body and my soul belong only to you.”

My eyes widened significantly as I recognized the lines off a recent Eunhae fanfiction I was reading; a one.

“Oh-my-ing-god! You hijacked my laptop?! Lee Hoya you mother er! Get back here! I’m not done with you!”

“Can you two lovebirds cut it out? I wanna go home and catch up on my beauty sleep,” the resident diva of Super Junior yelled out in the middle of their rehearsals.

The kings of K-Pop were busy making preparations for their Chinese New Year concert in Taiwan and their resident choreographers, also known as the ultimate ‘OTP’ of Super Junior, were hard at work trying to conceptualize the remix version of their hit song “Mamacita”.

“We’re not fooling around ok? We’re trying to fit this dance break in; it doesn’t seem to flow,” Eunhyuk retorted.

“Why don’t you just let me show my face more? Maybe I’ll bling up Shindong’s part or can we just get Siwon to take off his shirt for the ending pose or-“

“Enough Heechul, everyone take five. Let’s give Eunhae some more time,” the leader called for order and all members heeded instantly, walking over to the sides for a water break.

Over on the other side of the room, the precious couple was deep in thoughts over how to spice up the same song they had been performing for almost half a year.

“I know! Let’s mash up Shindong’s bit and I’ll trigger the dance break with a few seconds of solo and you and Sungmin can join in at the body wave bit and have the domino effect before reshuffling our positions using the turns and continue off with Kyuhyun in front for his part.”

Hyukjae blurted out his fantastic idea the moment a Eureka idea hit him and his boyfriend was quick to reward him with a peck on the cheek.

“It’s a fantastic idea baby, you’re the best.”

“Hand on crotch Myungsoo! Hand on crotch! How many times must I repeat myself?!”

I was yelling out instructions on the mistakes I spotted as I sat in front of the mirrors within the dance practice room with my laptop on my lap. I was busy replying emails with regards to flight and hotel arrangements as I helped the boys out with their rehearsals. They were due to perform “Last Romeo” and “Back” in the upcoming concert and as usual; they were aiming for perfection.

“Hoya you’re half a count too fast.”

“Sunggyu, move your fat ! You’re not reaching your position in time!”

“For the hundredth time; hand on crotch!”

I pushed away my laptop in frustration and got up from my spot to make my way to the centre of their formation, scrutinizing their every move and barking out commands as I noticed each error.

The rest of the practice session went on smoothly and the group was hitting perfect synchronization towards the last few runs, putting a proud smile on my face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter