[2]

Bᴏɴᴇ Bʀᴇᴀkᴇʀ [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taekwoon held up a pink backpack while facing Meisa, but the lass, with a hand hidden in her sweat pants turned away from his offer. Instead she reached over, her arm was long and skinny with muscle bumps, and grabbed a backpack with cameo designs. There she spun back around and held it in front of Taekwoon. The lad shook his head and shook the pink backpack a little, “You need to blend in, not stand out,”

Meisa puffed out a heavy sigh, for a split second she wanted to curse Sungrok out. The man knew Taekwoon was the smartest and most convincing thus he purposely put Taekwoon in charge of this shopping trip, “You can’t be serious, that stands out more than cameo. Afterall cameo exist to blend in, no?”

Taekwoon didn’t respond and instead shook the bag again. Meisa had no choice but to toss her preferable backpack choice aside and go with the one forced upon her. Taekwoon was just as stubborn as Meisa, however luckily for Taekwoon he was quite more rational and in control of his emotions and feelings compare to Meisa, which immediately puts him at the top. Meisa adore people she can communicate with and understand. Taekwoon was obviously not one of them.

This time in the school material aisle, Taekwoon watched as Meisa browse the pencil bag section. Unsurprisingly she picked up a bag with the designs of zombies on it. Taekwoon hovered a hand over the bag, to stop Meisa from completely picking up and taking the bag off the shelf. “Here,” Taekwoon said, holding out another bag with his free hand. Meisa who noticed the design immediately made a face.

“Flowers?”

“Roses. This is more lady-like,” he noted.

Meisa then snatched the bag from Taekwoon’s hand and glared at it, “Why did Sungrok had me come with you if you were going to choose all of my materials for me anyway?”

“It’d be less strange if a man is shopping in the girls section with a woman.” Taekwoon replied, earning a disbelief scoff from the Japanese gal.

“It’s already strange enough that you’re picking out the items for me,” Meisa said, but Taekwoon didn’t budge and instead tuck the pencil bag into the hot pink backpack he has been carrying over one shoulder.

“You’ll also need writing utensils,” as he took off, she took one last glance at the zombie bag and sighed.

Jieun heaved a notable sigh. “Dad, didn’t I say I don’t want any more bodyguards or protection? I can look after myself. Because you keep putting up bodyguards around me, it’s difficult for me to make friends and approach classmates without those bodyguards flipping them over,”

“Jieun,” her father said on the other line, “what if your friends betray you? Bribing is a common thing among competitors. That’s why I’ve asked for someone who can be your friend and bodyguard.”

Jieun, who wasn’t in favor of the idea heaved another sigh. “Now you’re going to buy me a friend? Dad—”

“Jieun, listen darling,” before her father could complete whatever he wanted to say, Jieun hung up and sighed once more. She leaned back against the toilet stall and shut her eyes for a brief moment. Jieun was a pretty girl with wavy long black hair though slightly shorter than the average Korean women. She was fully dressed in a casual blue jean and pink short sleeved t-shirt.

It was a Sunday, meaning she had classes tomorrow. For a full time student, Jieun had classes every Monday through Friday from 11 A.M. to 7 P.M. Classes are always closed after nine, thus it's the time when dorms become alive and where students party. However, to Jieun, her dorm was always quiet. Jieun shared her room with a freshman, Seo Jisoo. Jisoo is a decent, quiet girl. With Jieun’s bodyguards around, Jisoo tends to sleep and stay over in her own friends dorm. Only on paper does Jieun has a roommate.

Jieun switched on the lights to her dorm. Inside were two beds, one emptied while another occupied by her dull colored, blue blankets and sheets. Jieun’s head over to the only desk in the room, which was hers, as she slide onto the seat she switched on the computer on the desk. Jieun noticed the opened document on her computer screen, it was her homework. The same one she was working on before heading to the bathroom and receiving the phone call from her father, whom she hasn’t seen in months. Jieun heaved another sigh, the only sound in the room, before building up the motivation to continue working.

But the thoughts of her father’s words quickly flooded her mind once more, causing her to lean back in her seat. She in her breath and folded her arms over her chest.

What could she possibly do to keep her mind occupied and away from what she wanted to forget hearing?

There Jieun pulled out her phone and started texting the only one who could help her. Her fiance and only friend, Lee Hongbin.

The dimples were visible on Hongbin’s pale and good looking face. On either side of him were two elderly businessmen. The three were at a bar, out for a drink and enjoying one another’s company. “I heard Miss Song is finishing up her studies at Seoul University?” One of the elder started, to deepen the smile on Hongbin’s wrinkle less face.

“Yes, she’s currently finishing up school right now,”

“Once she’s done, are you planning to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter