Family;

Family

The sounds of cries filled the room as you harshly flung the door open. There the body lied, of the man that you were closest too; your brother, Bang Minsoo. Tears formed in your eyes, as you collapsed to the floor. Your heart ached as you screamed his name, demanding him to wake up. It was useless though, his body was cold, and still.

 

After useless tugs on your brothers collar, you felt a weight on your shoulder. Turning you realized it was Byunghun hand. Your brother's best friend, his hair was fried, you had heard he barely escaped from the fire.  You turned to him, straightening his weak body, embracing him as you cried in unison with his sniffles.

 

After hours of sobs, the room where your brother laid went silent as guest and family bid their farewell. You were leaning against a cold wall staring in to space. Byunghun lifted and turned your head towards him.

 

"I'll bring you home" you nodded. Byunghun extended an arm for you to grab on as he knew your legs would be weak. You gave your brother a last peck on his forehead before heading out with Byunghun.

 

In the taxi, you leaned on his shoulder as new tears formed. He was stronger than you, he held his sadness in. Byunghun tucked you into bed waited until you cried yourself to sleep. That night he slept on the sofa. For many nights he slept on the sofa. You told yourself to be strong, and that Minsoo would always be in heaven looking out for you. After weeks of weeping, you were finally able to see light in your life.

 

You were grateful for Byunghun's constant attention. Whenever you missed Minsoo, Byunghun would be there to tell you it was alright, he would always be there to tuck you into bed at night. These acts of kindness slowly turned your feelings towards him into attraction.

 

You had called him up one night for a drink at your favourite pub, ready to express your feeling with the help of alcohol. He walked in, dressed nicely in a casual suit. You embraced him with a peck on the cheek. The night flew by as bottles and bottles of Soju were gobbled.

"Byunghun, I want to tell you something."

"hmm" he looked up, his cheeks red from the soju.

You leaned toward him, inches from his face and leaned in and placed your lips lightly on his. He was taken back and pushed you lightly away from you.

"I'm sorry" you lowered your head. " I just thought, we could be something more." Although he stayed quiet you felt his gaze on you. You got up, surprised you were able to walk straight. Waved at him before walking out of the pub.

Your feelings were broken, you hoped he would run after you, but he didn't.

As you were walking on the street your phone beeped. It was a text from Byunghun.

"Get home safe baby sis"

You smiled at the message, and you knew he'd always be there to protect you. He was family.