Chapter 1, First

Wasn't Expecting This

November 13

                                                                                                 Kawaii graphics

  Ice covered the road like a blanket. Two figures ran their way to a small cafe. One person with fluffy bear ear-muffs and a thick pink coat was coming from the taxi that parked to the east of the cafe. The other person had a silky scarf and a huge blue puffy jacket with a hoodie as soft as bunny fur. He was coming from the west side. They both hustled inside from frozen rain. 

(Person w/ ear-muffs and coat POV)

 My head was spinning. I sat down and ordered a latte. It smelled so sweet in this freezing weather. The snowstorm just came out of no where and it was the wrong timing too. I hope my parent's don't mind that I'm coming home later than usual.

(Flashback) I was walking home from school and I felt a presence behind me. It was totally creepy. I turned around and it was a guy with a tie and a briefcase. He looked liked some ordinary busy business dude so I kept walking. Maybe a little quicker though.  But suddenly he walked up to me and asked who I was.

"Excuse me, but can you tell me your name?" 

"Why?" I kept a safe distance from him. My phone was in my hand too.

"You look a little famillar. Do you have any special talents?"

He probably knew me from "Ballad of Seo Dong", a series I was in when I was little.

"I don't have much talent. I was in a television series once. I can play the acoustic guitar and a little of piano." I said.

The old business dude nodded his head and asked who I was again.

"I'm Choi Jinri. But that's all I'm going to tell."

"Miss Jinri, would you like-"

I didn't listen. I dashed like a horse away (okay, maybe like monkey). I don't know why but whatever he's offering seemed bad. Like, what if I declined? What will he do? Will he grab me and pull me to whatever? So I ran. He only knows my name anyways. Unfortunately it started to rain. And cold weather plus rain equals ice. Great.

(End of flashback)

I stirred the coffee so it had swirls of cream. I took a glance at window. Still blue and icey. The latte tasted wonderful, what is this cute, warm, cozy cafe place called anywa- Wait. I swerved to the window again. He was there. Heavily jogging to the door. The creepy business guy. The man looked so out of breathe. What the heck, why is he here? I started sweating and pulled my hair to hide my face. Bumm, bum bum, buummm bumm! Oh no, he opened the door. I glided from my seat and hastily scuffled through the chairs and tables, holding my yummy latte. Back-door here I come. Then I bumped into somone. I bumped into someone (mind-fury explosion)!!! Great. I quickly bowed and apologized. And with my head still low, I waddled like a penguin (my precious latte is streaming down my pants) now wanting to go to restroom and clean myself up for 4 hours or untill I know that creepy guy is gone.

"Wait." someone said.

I looked up. Looked up to find person with a silky scarf and blue jacket. His face had a kind expression with deep choclate brown eyes. Charming brown eyes...

(Person w/ silky scarf and blue jacket POV)

"Wait" I said. 

I felt bad. I was standing in her way. And because of me, there was latte on the clothes. Her walking in a funny manner made it worse. But it was kinda funny (hehe). 

"It's my fault, sorry."

I bowed and quickly picked what felt like hundreds of napkins from the napkin holder on the table. Hope the staff won't mind. 

"Sorry, it ruined your clothes." 

I handed the girl with the cute earmuffs a few napkins. Our fingers lightly touched. Her hands were cold and sweaty. It was cold out so it makes sense they were cold, but sweaty? Maybe she's embarrased of the coffee all over her. I kneeled down and dabbed the coffee on the rim of her boots and got up to clean the coffee off the sleeves of her jacket. I would clean everything, but some are on her pants and that would be weird. That's why I handed her some- so she could clean up a little herself too. But she just stood there. I looked at her face. Her expression was.. impatient and uncomfortable. Scared too.

"Are you okay?" I asked. 

She shaked her head no. 

"Why? Is is because of me? I'm Minho by the way."

She shooked her head once again, and leaned in close to me.

"No, that guy. The guy with the tie and biefcase." She whispered.

My eyes followed the direction she was pointing. The man had an ugly tie but an expensive looking briefcase. He had young face and his obvious doublie-eyelid surgery eyes was trailing the cafe, probably looking for the girl with the bear earmuffs.

"Oh. Really? Why?"

" Because he followed me. I was walking home and then he asked my name. I told him my name and then he was about to offer me something. I got a bit scared and ran away from him." She explained.

"Oh, okay. I'll help. Come with me."  

I grabbed her hand and led her to the staff area. I've been here a few times and the workers really don't care as long as you don't steal or touch the food, supplies and equipment. A coffee-maker who seemed to be on break walked towards us.

"Are you lovie-dovies in need of anything?" He asked. 

Lovie-dovies? What? I felt the girl trying to free her hand from grasp. Oh, the hand. I awkwardly let go and slipped my hands into my pockets.

".. Yea, we need help. Do you mind telling that guy with the tie and expensive briefcase to leave. I know you're losing a customer, but trust me, he's not buying anything."

"How do you know?" He asked.

"He's looking for this girl." I gestured to the girl I just unintentionally held hands with.

(Choi Jinri POV)

"He's looking for this girl." Minho said.

I rubbed my hands. He held on kinda tight. Not to mention, sudden skinship. Awkward.

"Yeah, so please? Please tell that guy to leave?" I pleaded.

"Okay, fine. Who knows? He could've kidnapped you." The employee said. With that said he told the business man to leave.

I watched carefully, peaking my head through the wall opening. Once the business man reluctantly left, a surge of relief filled me.

"Oh my goodness, thank you so much!!" I said to Minho. It felt like he just saved me from dying. I couldn't stop my smile. I have been saved!

"No problem! It was the least I could do for spilling your drink all over your clothes." He said. He smiled back. I couldn't help but notice how charismatic his smile was. The way his eyes didn't become tiny, his mouth curving perfectly and his teeth bright white.

The employee came back and looked at us with a stern look.

"Okay, you kids! I did your favor now you have to do mine. Leave! You should know that anyone who doesn't work at the cafe is not allowed in the staff area!" He scolded.

"We're sorry." Minho and I bowed and left. 

Together, we walked to the door.

"Oh, I don't think we got to formally introduce ourselves. I'm Choi Minho." Minho said.

"I'm Choi Jinri."

"Choi Jinri? Choi? Haha, we have the same last names, must be destiny." he joked.

We laughed. But the atmosphere felt slighty weird.

"Are you going home now?" Minho asked.

"Yup. My parents must be worried. You?" I replied.

"They're not expecting me home till 7:30pm." 

"Really? That's rather late." 

"I guess. I have soccer afterschool and practice in Seoul." 

Practice in Seoul? Interesting. We both exited the cafe. I scanned the cafe's name. "Caffè Fate", the letters shone with the ice covering it.

(Narrator Speaking)

"Okay, bye Choi Minho. It was really great meeting you and thank you very very much for helping me." Jinri said. Her eyes formed crescents. She bowed many times to show how grateful she was.

Minho grinned. This girl bowing infront of me has a very cute personality, he thought.

"Bye Jinri." he waved.

They both were about to go their separate ways.

"Jinri." Minho said.

"Yes?"

"That business man you had to get away from.. I know him. And you should talk to him." 



April 5, 2015. 2:11 am.

Hi!!! I hope you liked this chapter! I'm not sure what to put for Sulli's and Minho's age yet but all I know right now is that they will be one year apart. By the way if you didn't know Sulli's real name is Jinri. Also Sulli was the one with the bear ear-muffs and pink coat in the beginning, and Minho was the one with the scarf and blue jacket. :). Yea, this chapter is very... crappy.. but I'll work very hard to improve!!!