Chapter 2

A Banshee's Fate

 

Chapter 2

 

A groan from Chansung’s right side made his head snap towards the direction the noise had come from. It was nearly impossible for Chansung to be surprised by anything that was connected with supernatural things. He had already seen way too much for that. But this, the person sitting on his right side a few meters away from him, let him wonder if he had really seen and experienced everything.

Chansung had known that it was not his Khun who had hit and captured him. But it was still kind of surprising to see his boyfriend sitting just a few meters away from him, in the same position he was currently in, tied up and beaten.

However, the more Chan thought about it, the more sense it made. And after going through the happenings that had occurred the day before, everything made sense.

A relieved sight left his lips as he noted that Nichkhun was slowly getting back to his senses.

 

~*~

 

“Oh, how nice. He is waking up~” A purr let Chansung look towards the stairs which probably lead to the first floor of the old building they were currently in.

There he was standing, the evil Khun, on the top stair. With an evil smirk on his angelic face the man, who was definitely not the man he had shared the past years with, slowly walked down the creaking stairs.

“And you are awake too, Hwang. How nice. It’s going to be more fun to kill that cutie over there when you can watch the show.” The stranger said in an amused tone, as if he was looking forward to it, what was probably the case.

“Who are you?” Chansung asked, gulping down the dry knot in his mouth. He was feeling as if he hadn’t drunk something in days.

“Oh? I thought you would like to know WHAT I am…and what I’m planning to do. But I guess, you already figured out what I am, what creature is able to do this kind of stuff. Oh, and I borrowed your boyfriends appearance for a while, the body of the girl didn’t fit that well.” The man hummed, pointing at his body and face before gesturing towards a coughing Nichkhun.

“We already know that,“ Another caught left Nichkhun’s mouth, now more or less conscious again. He was probably feeling as dry as Chansung himself. “you’re a shape shifter. I think after seeing the flaps of skin, teeth and hair, every hunter would’ve figured that out.” Nichkhun said dryly. However, Khun didn’t look at the creature as he spoke, but at Chansung, his gaze full with relief.

Chansung stared back, a tiny smile on his lips. Nichkhun knew that he was trying to seem optimistic, showing him with his smile that everything would turn out alright. But right now, noticing the fake Khun walking down the stairs with a sharp machete in his hands, he wasn’t as optimistic as his boyfriend.

“True, but I’m sure you guys have no idea what I’m planning to do with you.” The creature growled, reaching the floor sooner than Chansung liked. His stomach made a turn as he watched how the evil Khun walked towards his lover, a creepy smile adoring his lips as the creature turned in order to glance back at a panicked Chan.

“I’m having my guesses…” Chansung pressed forward, his eyes widening as the evil man kneeled down and touched his Nichkhun’s face, nearly gentle.

“Do you also know why, why I’m going to kill your love, Hwang?” The shape shifter hissed, his voice threatening and dripping with anger and venom.

To be honest, Chansung had no idea, but he was assuming that his motive was cliché, so he tried his luck. He had to buy time.

“Revenge, I assume?” Chan’s eyes squinted as he saw the creatures face deforming in a pain filled mask. He hit the nail on the head.

“Very true, hunter!” The Shape shifter screamed and buried the tip of his sharp weapon into Nichkhun’s right shoulder.

The cry Khun released made Chansung shiver all over, cold sweat formed on his forehead. Right there he was ready to empty his stomach.

“S-Stop it…” His eyes were fixed on a panting Khun who was whimpering in pain.

“Stop? Why should I? You didn’t stop back then! You and your grandfather killed my wife, showing no mercy!” The stranger shouted angry. Chansung flinched as he heared why the creature wanted revenge.

“It was my grandfathers and my doing. Why are you hurting someone who hasn’t done anything wrong?” Chansung asked, his voice sounding stronger than he actually felt.

“Because if I kill him, you wish you could die as well.” The smirk that formed on the creatures face was frightening Chan.

Much to his disappointment, the shape shifter was right. He had already lost so many people that he had already lost count of them. If he would lose Khun as well, there would be nothing left on this world that was worth to fight for, nothing to live this cruel life any longer.

Chansung wanted Khun to live, even if it meant that he couldn’t be with him. Yes, he had to risk it. He had already succeeded many times with that plan.

“Hm. I doubt that. I already lost many dear friends and my whole family to creatures like you.” He hummed tiredly, resting his head against the wooden pillar. “To be honest, it was fun killing her. I remember how I cut through her skin. How blood run down her wounded arms, mixed with fresh tears. She was whimpering your name over and over, begging you to save her. You couldn’t save her, Shifter. Something like you, can never win against people like me. You are prey and I’m the hunter. That’s how life is…” Chansung said, his eyes opening, smirking as he saw the creature hovering over him, ready to attack.

His plan had worked. He had managed to piss him off - even if he had no idea if that really was what had happened to the shifters wife - Chan thought when he saw the machete coming down with incredible speed, nearing his face. He had made their capturer loose his composure. Chan had bought time, time for Khun to break free from his zip ties, time for his boyfriend to flee.

 

~*~

 

Nichkhun groaned as he felt the bed moving. Cracking one eye open, he noted that Chansung was busily fumbling with his pager.

“No…really?” Khun groggily muttered, burying his face in the pillow, annoyed that Chan had to work.

“I’m sorry. Park knows that I’m in town again, and it seems that it is an emergency…” Chansung said apologetic, stepping towards their wardrobe. Khun was luckily fast enough to catch Chan’s delicious skin before he was able to put on some boxers.

“I would’ve preferred seeing you all day…” He muttered tiredly.

Chansung’s laughter let Khun smile and sit up in bed, groaning as he moved his tired and sore muscles.

“Believe me, me too. But it seems there was an accident near the bridge and one of the cars caught fire.” Chan explained, pulling out one of his white shirts, who were only meant for real-life work.

“So, the car is burning down. And why do they need a police officer?” Khun asked confused, his brows rising.

“I’m not sure, they just texted that they need me there.”

“Very reasonable…” Khun muttered.

Chansung smiled towards him, fixing his belt and stepping towards the bed, leaning down and towards him.

“I’m sorry, Khunnie. I’ll be back in a few hours, promise.” Chansung said in a soft tone, gently removing a few strains from Nichkhun’s tousled bed hair. Getting a sigh in return made him smile brighter and with mischief blinking in his eyes the taller man pressed a quick kiss to Khun’s swollen lips.

“Till later. Love you.” Chan said before rushing out of the door.

After a short ‘Goodbye, Isis. Protect Khun, kay?’ the tall man was out of the door and gone.

 

 

 

With a tired sigh the Thai stood up, stretched his sore muscles and slowly stepping towards their wardrobe, dressing as well. He had nothing much to do. Chansung had his regular job, one he had before both of them met. A smile made its way on his tired face as he recalled the first time he met Chan.

Back then he had though that the tall man was really a normal police officer. His opinion, however, had changed immediately once they’ve tumbled head first into supernatural chaos.

Khun couldn’t help but laugh out loud when he remembered their first encounter.

Combing through his hair with his fingers, he made his way into the kitchen, intending to make himself a cup of coffee. He was addicted to it, and right now he craved it, like always in the morning.

While he waited for the coffee, he noticed Chansung’s camera. His boyfriend had totally forgotten it on the counter. With a cheeky smile the older man noted that it had been because of their making out.

Remembering that they’ve made quite some pictures the day before, he grabbed the camera and looked through their pictures, laughing out loud many times due to hilarious pictures of their friends. Chan sure was a good photographer. Khun could immediately tell when the picture was taken from his boyfriend and when someone else took the pic.

As soon as the coffee machine beeped, he grabbed his coffee and - together with the camera in his right hand - he made his way towards the comfortable leather couch in their living room.

He was just about to sit down when an annoyed sigh left his lips when he felt his phone vibrating against his thigh. over his upper lip, trying to sooth the burning sensation the coffee had left behind. Hurriedly he placed the cup onto the couch table and fumbled to get the phone out of his pocket before the caller decided to give up.

“Please, don’t let it be a new job…”

With that sentence he answered the call and sat down in the process.

“Hello?”

“Am I talking to Mr. Horvejkul, Mr. Hwang’s boyfriend?” The female voice surprised him, and for a split second Khun asked himself where he had heard that voice before.

“Yes, how can I help y-“ But Nichkhun didn’t come further as the woman interrupted him.

“Good. I just wanted to tell you that I have Mr. Hwang.”

Furrowing his brows, not sure what the woman was talking about, he answered with silence.

“You sure are slow.” Was the sighed reply he got and Khun’s temper flared up.

What the hell was that crazy woman talking about?

“Listen, I’m currently rather busy, so I would be happy if you could stop joking around and tell me what you want.” He grunted into the phone, already angry that he had actually answered the phone.

“I kidnapped your damn boyfriend, you idiot.” Was the barked reply he received.

“You kidnapped Chansung… How?” Nichkhun sounded emotionless. He wasn’t sure if that woman was telling the truth but a part of him feared that she indeed was serious about the things she had just told him.

“Oh, I sent out an emergency call, a fake one of course. Only our dear Chansung got the notice and of course he headed out. What a reliable man.” The woman hummed.

Khun just sat there, starring at the cup of coffee while his brain preceded everything. Goosebumps made their way onto his body, fear creeping into his bones.

“Why would you kidnap him?” He asked, trying to soothe his beating heart and the scenes in his brain.

“Oh, because I’m something you guys hunt. And I have to settle an outstanding score.” She hummed happily.

“Alright; and why do you call me?” Khun tried with all his might to get much information; as much as he could get.

“Oh, just because I love games and I would love to play with you too. So I thought why not tell you where you can find us?” The woman chirped. “And because I’m a fair player, I’ll give you a hint what I am.”

Even if Nichkhun wasn’t eager to listen to the crazy woman any longer, he had to. He had to save Chansung.

“I’m listening…” He pressed forward.

“Good. You guys took some pictures yesterday. I’m sure you captured me as well.” She said, her voice sounding calm and cold, but Khun could tell that she was having the time of her live.

“Where is your location? So that I can come and play with you…” Nichkhun hummed darkly, realising who he was talking to. It was the young girl from yesterday, the girl that had kissed him.

“I’ll send it to you per mail. See you.” With that she disconnected the call and Khun jumped up, nearly throwing his phone against the wall out of anger. He got the better of himself and stopped in his actions, sinking to the couch and grabbing the camera while he impatiently waited for the promised location.

“Let’s see what you are, you little .”

After skipping though the photos, he finally reached those where Min was taking couple pictured of him and Chan. When Khun zoomed in, he noticed the girl.

Her eyes were glowing. There were no pupils, just a yellowish glow. They somehow reminded Khun of headlights. The cold yellowish colour let him shiver.

“. A Shape Shifter.”

Minutes later Khun jumped into his car, speeding away as if the devil in person was after him.

 

 

 

After driving for a while, already outside town, he reached his destination. Khun had exactly followed the woman’s, or whatever gender the shape shifter really had, description she had sent him per mail. He hadn’t bothered where the supernatural creature had his phone number from, since it wasn’t really important at the moment.

Getting out of the truck, checking if his Beretta M951 was loaded with silver bullets, he looked towards the old farm house. The farm house seemed abandoned, sordid, dilapidated and all in all like the perfect hiding place for a creature like he was about to deal with.

Only when he was sure that his gun and the few silver knifes he had hid in his boots were secure and ready to use, did he start walking towards the creepy house.

 

 

 

“I’m home!” Chansung shouted when he entered the house. Removing his weapon belt and walking into the living room, he frowned when he noticed the cup of coffee on the living room table. It was unusual for Khun to leave something unwashed. What surprised him even more was the fact that it was full and cold.

One eyebrow rose as Isis came running into the room, whimpering and grumbling nervously.

Isis was an intelligent dog; she always reacted that way when something was off. It was her sixth sense. And Chansung was more than grateful that their dog was as odd as him and Nichkhun, since that sixth sense had saved their lives many times already.

“What the hell happened?” Chansung wondered aloud while trying to sooth their whimpering dog. A nervous feeling spread in his body and with an uneasy feeling he started going through the house, looking if his boyfriend had decided to take a nap. Maybe he was in their training room?

However, the tall Thai was nowhere to be found. Slowly but steadily Chansung started to really worry about Khun.

The man was about to close the door that led to their garden when suddenly his phone started ringing, making him jump out of surprise.

An relieved sigh left his plump lips when he read the caller ID.

“Khun! Where are you? I was worried about you!”

Chan only heard a snicker on the other line and a sweet ‘Chansung-ah’.

“I’ve looked through the pictures we’ve taken yesterday, and stumbled over a picture with that girl from yesterday.”

Chansung bit his lip as he remembered the woman that had kissed his boyfriend.

“And?” He asked, not really sure if he wanted to know what Khun had to say.

“Well, she’s a shape shifter. She even called me and told me so.”

“Excuse me? She did what?” Now Chansung was confused. What the hell was Nichkhun talking about? Why the hell would a supernatural creature call a hunter and tell him such a life threatening info?

“She told me that she sent out a fake emergency call, so she could kidnap you. That’s why I’m calling you right now. I wanted to make sure she was telling the truth.”

Now Chansung frowned, his brows were nearly touching his hairline while his mouth was slightly agape, his brain working on high speed.

“She didn’t lie about the thing that the emergency call was not real. Apparently only I have received the call and when I reached the place, there was nothing and no one there.” Chan explained, walking further into the house.

“But she hasn’t kidnapped you. Otherwise we wouldn’t talk right now.” Nichkhun said slowly, sounding perplex.

“True. But why she said that? Wait, where are you now?” Chansung asked alarmed. He knew that Khun acted impulsive at times. Or to put it simple, he always acted like a headless idiot.

A sigh followed on the other line and Chansung knew by instinct that he wouldn’t like the answer that was going to come.

“She told me where I could find her…” Khun hummed.

Chansung face palmed, asking himself how that man could still be alive with him really driving there.

“Khun, I hope you realised that it was a trap?” Chansung huffed, his rough hand rubbing his forehead.

“I did. That’s why I’m calling you right now. So would you please come here and help me with that shape shifter?” Nichkhun mumbled on the other line.

A short ‘Where are you exactly?’ followed and with an uneasy feeling Chansung made his way towards the wardrobe, looking for his usual hunting clothes, ready to do what he could best.

Kill a threatening supernatural creature together with his lover.

 

~*~

 

Chansung wasn’t really surprised as he heard a pain filled howl from above. The shape shifter, who was still wearing Nichkhun’s face, went down onto his knees. The creature had been so furious and filled with hatred, that he had completely forgotten his second prey, the one he was currently mimicking.

Nichkhun had broken his zip ties in the speed of light, running towards the attacking shape shifter in order to save Chan. Khun had bowed down and reached for one of the three silver knifes in his boots, and threw it towards the hovering man. Nichkhun had always been good at aiming, and luckily, he had proved that once more. Even if the knife wasn’t long enough to completely pierce through the body, it was silver and silver was like poison for the creature.

The pain filled scream travelled through the dusty basement and with huffs leaving his lips, the wanna-be Khun sunk to his knees.

Chansung was fast to react. With all the strength he could bring up, he raised his arms as far as he could go, feeling the skin on his shoulder blades span over his muscles in the process, before slamming them towards his body with all he got and breaking the zip ties in the process.

He was more than lucky that Nichkhun had showed him this trick right after their first night together.

 

Hurriedly getting up from his crouching position, knowing that the silver knife wouldn’t keep the creature away, since there was still the hatred towards him running through the fake Khun’s body and veins. Chansung stepped aside; removing the knife from the shape shifter’s back, stepping back towards his Nichkhun.

“Where is the gun?” He asked, knowing that Khun would never go somewhere without his Beretta.

“He threw it into a corner before hitting me KO.” Nichkhun hummed, embarrassed about the fact that something like that had happened to him, to the incredible and skilled Nichkhun.

“Go and look for it upstairs. I bet he didn’t get rid of it. He had better things to do.” Chansung said. Even if Nichkhun hardly ever listened to the slightly younger man, he did as told, hurrying upstairs.

“Better things to do…” The creature coughed, spitting blood in the process. “I should’ve killed you right away and your husband as well…” The shifter coughed.

“Yes, you should’ve done so. I hope you know that you lost, that you will be dead in a few minutes?” Chansung asked calmly, wiping away the blood from his wrists that came from the wounds the zip ties had left.

“I know. But I don’t care…” The creature spit out. “At least I tried killing you and someone that is dear to you. I wanted to make you realise how horrible it is to witness something like that.” The shifter said, bitterness swinging in his voice.

“I didn’t kill your wife. I never tortured her. It was another hunter who had killed her before we reached there. All we wanted was you, because you’ve killed various people just to entertain yourself. Even if your wife was also a shape shifter, she hadn’t done anything of that, so she was not the prey.” Chansung explained, knowing that the shifter – he remembered his name to be Adam - wouldn’t believe in his words, but honestly, Chansung didn’t care. “I know you won’t believe me. Why would you? But one thing is for certain, and you can believe my words, I definitely know how it is to lose someone dear. And you are right; I would’ve suffered if you had harmed Nichkhun. You can be proud of yourself, you sent me through hell when I saw him wounded and tied.”

“That’s nice to hear…” Adam said, sounding sarcastic. “And you are right, I don’t believe you. You are a monster why would I believe you? You are a monster which is killing my species.”

A chuckle erupted from behind Chan’s back and the tall man turned, finding his boyfriend there, already unlocking his Beretta.

“We are monsters. We are the Banshee’s of Supernatural creatures. When you hear us cry, your death is near. This is our fate, our destiny. This is something we didn’t want to be from the start, something we became thanks to your species.” And with that, Nichkhun shot the shape shifter that was now facing both hunters. Adam held his head high, looking like he had waited to die, smiling at them when the silver bullet hit his heart.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Okay, this was it ^^

I really hope you guys liked my entry for the third round of the Unreal Challenge on LJ :)

As always, sorry for any grammar mistakes that might have managed to slip past my sight~

Lot's of Love, Banana_Dreams ♥