Jinki returns.

My Childhood Friend - Sequel

Monday, 7 March 2012.

Jonghyun's POV

It has been a few years since Jinki left for America and I miss him so much. I wasn't always so lonely since he never forgets to send me letters but sometimes I wish that he was physically here with me. I stared at the necklace that he gave me and ran my fingers through it before sighing deeply. When Jinki was away, I started being honest with my feelings for him. I was always unsure about it but the realization soon hit me and I knew that I didn't only look at him as my best friend but more than that, I was in love with him. I was in love with Lee Jinki.

He would probably only regard me as a brother and a friend, although I wished that it was more than that. I wonder if he understood what I meant every single time I told him that I loved him in all the letters that I sent him. That kid is too oblivious to realize my feelings for him. My heart flutters every single time he tells me that he loves me but then again he's just probably saying that in a brotherly manner. I let out another sigh and plop down onto my bed.

"I miss you, Jinki." I whispered softly and curled up in my nest of blankets before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

 

Jinki's POV

Studying in America was something that I've always wished for and I've been doing it for almost two years now but the only thing that I wish to do right now is go back home to Seoul and meet Jonghyun. I missed him and all I wanted to do now is pull him into my embrace and never let go. I felt contented whenever I receive a letter from him because it was the only way that we could keep in touch.

I didn't tell him that I was coming back to Seoul next week. I wanted to make it a surprise for him. A mischievous grin appears on my lips as I think about his reaction when he sees me. I can’t wait.

 

Monday, 14 March 2012.

Jinki’s POV

The day that I return to Seoul has finally arrived. I was really excited to meet Jonghyun but I had to return home first to meet my parents. I knocked the front door to my parent’s house and hear footsteps walking towards it. The door opens to reveal my mom, smiling wide from ear to ear when she sees me.

“Son, you’re finally back!” My mom says out cheerfully before pulling me into a tight embrace. My dad smiled as he watched us before reaching out to mess my hair. They warmly welcomed me into the house. My parents were elated to see their son back home after 2 years of being away.

"Mom, where’s Taemin?” I asked while my eyes wandered around the living room, searching for my little brother who was nowhere to be found.

"He’s in his room, sweetie. He doesn't know that you’re coming back today. Why don’t you go and give him a little surprise.” My mom suggested before letting out a soft chuckle.

I put my things away and lightly placed a kiss on my mom’s cheek before heading to Taemin’s room. I opened the door slightly and peeked inside his room. He was lying down on his tummy while his eyes were glued to the laptop in front of him. He doesn’t seem to notice that I was standing there. I cleared my throat and it was loud enough for him to hear since he immediately turned his head towards the door, eyes widening slightly when he saw me.

“H-Hyung?!” Taemin quickly got off his bed and gave me a tight hug.

"I missed you, hyung! Why didn’t you tell me that you were coming back today? I could have fetched you from the airport." Taemin’s smile soon turned into a pout.

"I’m sorry, little brother. I didn't want to bother you and besides, I wanted to make it a surprise.” He whines softly as I squish both of his cheeks.

“Trust me hyung, you’re no bother at all. Make sure to tell me next time!” He playfully scolds me.

“Alright, alright. Well then, I’m going to go to my room to rest.” I smiled and lightly messed his hair before heading to my bedroom.

I lie down on my bed and took out my phone to call Jonghyun's brother, Kibum. I told him that I was back in Seoul and wanted to make a surprise for Jonghyun. He agreed with my idea and promised to keep this whole surprise thing a secret. Immediately after ending the call, I started preparing everything I needed for tonight.

 

3rd person POV

Kibum told Jonghyun that he was bored and wanted him to follow Kibum to the shopping mall. Jonghyun was very tempted to say no but if he does, Kibum would probably start nagging and it will never end so he decided to just follow his brother.

"Hyuuung.” Kibum calls out to Jonghyun.

"Yes, Kibum?" Jonghyun turns around to look at his brother.

"Let's go buy some nice clothes and eat at my favorite restaurant after!" Kibum suggested, grinning widely at the thought.

"Why so sudden?" Jonghyun asked, feeling a little suspicious.

"Well we should go out together sometimes, don’t you think so? It’ll be fun, hyung. Trust me." Kibum looked at me while tugging on my shirt.

"Oh well, alright then. So, who’s going to pay for the food?" Jonghyun asked, smirking.

“It’ll be my treat since I’m the one who suggested it.” Kibum smiled. Deep inside, he was upset that he had to pay but the plan seems to be working so it’s fine.

 

Jinki’s POV

I’m excited but at the same time I was feeling extremely nervous. I guess it’s because I’m afraid that he wouldn’t be excited to see me. Right now, I'm in my room and getting myself ready. I wonder how his reaction would be when he sees me. I miss him so much and it’s been two years since I’ve last seen him. We only communicated through calls and letters and that was it. I hope everything goes well tonight.

 

Jonghyun's POV                   

Kibum has been dragging me to every shop this shopping mall has and boy was I getting exhausted from all the walking. The only one doing the shopping was him. It’s weird that we’re going to his favorite restaurant. I’ve never gone there with just the both of us. If we do go there, our parents would probably tag along. Maybe he’s just bored and wants to spend time with me which rarely happens but I get free food tonight so I’m good.

We headed back towards the car after Kibum finished doing his shopping and drove off to the restaurant. I sat quietly beside Kibum who was driving while singing loudly to the songs that was on the radio. I just smiled and turned towards the window as I watched the raindrops rolling down the window. I rolled down the window and shivered when I felt the cold wind hitting my skin. The road was quite because there weren’t many cars and the only thing I could hear was the rain hitting against the pavement- and Kibum’s singing. I rested my head against the seat and closed my eyes, dozing off a couple of minutes later.

I felt someone nudging me half an hour later, waking me up from my beauty sleep. He began to hit me harder and shouted my name. I groaned with annoyance and woke up before pushing him away from me. I got out of the car and slammed the car door shut before walking into the restaurant with Kibum following me from behind.

The waiter led us to our table and gave us the menu. We ordered the food and drinks after looking through the menu. The waiter returned back to the table and poured us some wine. While we were waiting for the food, Kibum stood up and excused himself as he went the men’s room.

 I sipped on my drink as I enjoyed listening to the pianist playing my favorite compositions. I turned and tried to look at the face of the pianist but my view was blocked by the piano. After the song ended, he cleared his throat and used the microphone to speak.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.” My eyes widened slightly at the familiar voice.

His voice sounded so similar to Jinki’s. I guess I’m becoming crazy since I miss him too much. It probably wouldn't be Jinki because he was still in America and by the way, where is that Kim Kibum. Why the hell is he taking so long. I suddenly felt someone tapping my shoulder when I was about to stand up. I turned around and my eyes widened slightly when I saw him. Lee Jinki was standing in front of me and I decided to pinch myself to check if I was dreaming. Well that wasn’t a good idea. I hissed at the pain and rubbed my arm while smiling as I look at him.

"J-Jinki..? I thought you were still in America. What are you doing here?” I began to question him. He grinned and grabs my wrist before pulling me in for a tight embrace.

“I missed you so much, Jonghyun. I came back because I was already done with my studies. I wanted to see you so badly so. Do you miss me?” He pulled away from the hug and cupped my cheeks, staring at me.

“Of course I missed you! I’ve been waiting for you to come back and now, you’re finally here.” I hugged him again, this time not wanting to let go.

“I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone now.” Kibum waves goodbye before leaving the restaurant. 

I continue to stare at Jinki after settling down and sitting at the table, still thinking that all of this is just a dream. Jinki waved his hand in front of my face when he realized that I was spacing out.

“Earth to Jonghyun! Are you alright? You’ve been staring at me since just now.” Jinki asked, sounding a little worried by my silence.

“Don’t worry, I’m alright. I just still can’t believe you’re here.” I placed my hand over his and caress it gently with my thumb.

“Well, you have to start believing because I’m going to be here for a really long time.” He smiled and messed my hair gently with his other hand.

“Jonghyun..” Jinki suddenly grabbed both of my hands gently and looked at me, his expression turning serious.

“What is it, Jinki?” I looked back at him, feeling a little nervous at the sudden seriousness.

"We've been friends since we were young and I've never felt this happy when I'm with anyone else. When I first met you, I was so surprised at how someone could look as beautiful as you. You never failed to put a smile on my face, Kim Jonghyun. You stood by me through my ups and downs and I couldn't be more grateful. I have a question for you."

"What is it, Jinki?" I stared at him curiously.

"Kim Jonghyun..w-will you be mine?" Jinki stutters nervously as he asks the question.

My eyes widens instantly as I tighten my hold on his hands.

"You're not joking around with me right?" I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"No! Of course not! I've been wanting to ask you for a while now but never had the courage to do it. So, will you be mine?" He continued staring at me, I could feel his hands shaking as he waits for my answer.

"Yes..of course it's a yes!" A smile immediately forms on his face before he stands up and pulls me in for a tight hug.

"Thank you..thank you so much for accepting me. I love you, Kim Jonghyun." He whispers into my ears.

"I love you too, Lee Jinki." I whispered and hugged him tighter when I felt his warm drops of tears on my shoulder.

 

--------------

I apologize for the long wait. I've been busy since school just started and I didn't have the chance to edit my story. So this is the completed sequel of "My Childhood Friend". Please give it some love. Comment about any mistakes that I have made so I can learn from it and improve on my story. To my subscribers, I hope you enjoy reading. Thank you!