6 months ago: Jongdae and Jongin

Family

"If you guys can take them, I think it'd be the perfect fit."

"Can we have until the...14th to get our house ready?"

"Certainly! Would you like to meet the boys now?" When the re the fourteenth - with Chanyeol and Yixing in tow - they walked right into a birthday party.

" - dear Jongin, happy birthday to you." Everyone started clapping as Siwon, one of the senior social workers, brought out a knife to cut the cake. Jongin and his older brother, Jongdae, shrieked at the sight of the blade and ran towards Heechul and Geng. The six year old clung to Geng's leg, wh8ile Heechul set Yixing down to pick up Jongin. 

"Shh, Jonginnie, it's okay. Hey, how old are you now?" The boy held up three tiny fingers. Heechul felt Yixing pull at his pantleg and knelt down.

"Daddy, what's his name?"

"Jongdae."

"Zhongdai! Zhongdai! Look!" Yixing started doing a funny little wiggle that could just barely be called dancing. It made Chanyeol and Jongin giggle, but Jongdae just looked mad.

"My name is Jongdae, not Zhongdai!

"Xingie-yah and Papa are Chinese, so they say things a little weird sometimes. He was trying to say Jongdae," Chanyeol told him confidently. Jongdae apologized sheepishly as some pieces of cake were sent over. By the time they left, it was dark and Jongin and Yixing were asleep.

"Daddy? Papa?"

"Hm? What is it, Yeol-ah?"

"Can Jongdae-yah sleep in my room tonight? He doesn't like to sleep alone."

"Sure thing, kiddo."

------

This ending makes me cringe, too.

I'm not gonna put pictures of Heechul and Geng again.