one

Don't Forget

"Kid? Kid, hey wake up," an unknown voice said above a young girl. 

She blinked open her eyes and squinted at the figure above her. He had light golden hair and a chisled jawline. His eyes were a deep brown color. He was tall. Very tall. He had a deep husky voice and an intimidating glare.

"W-where am I? Who are you?" she asked. 

The figure smirked. "That's what I want to know. Get up," he commanded, and outstretched his hand. She reached up and took his hand and he pulled her up and cradled her bridal style. Startled, she screamed, "Hey! What are you doing?!" 

"Helping you out," he responded. "My name's Sehun. I don't know who you are or where you came from, but you can't stay here. If you do, she's going to get you," The girl blinked. "She? Who's she?" Sehun went silent and continued to walk down the path. "Sehun?" Sehun's jaw flinched. "She's a witch. If she gets you... well, who knows what she's going to do to you. Anyways, do you remember your name?" 

The girl blinked. She couldn't remember anything really. She couldn't remember how she got there and why she's there. 

Suddenly, she gasped in surprise. "I do!" she yelled. 

Surprised, Sehun lost his balance and almost dropped the girl. The girl clung onto Sehun and buried her face inside of his neck, while Sehun fixed his stance. "Be careful!" he yelled. "I'm sorry!" she said. Sehun sighed, "So, your name?" 

"It's Kimmy," Kimmy replied. 

"Kimmy huh? That's cute," Sehun said. Kimmy blushed at his response, still hiding inside of his neck. 

"Anyways, let me tell you something about this place since you're not from here. It's magical. It's full of mystical creatures and beings. Maybe even a few monsters, but don't worry about that," he chuckled at the last sentence. "Monsters?" Kimmy said, recovering. She looked up at Sehun to see if he was being serious. He was.

Sehun smiled. "Yeah. Like I said, this place is magical," 

"So what about you? Are you magical?" Kimmy asked. 

Sehun clenched his jaw. "Yeah," 

"What are you? A wizard or something?" Kimmy asked in disbelief. 

"Don't worry about that. I'm not really that special or anything," Sehun replied. 

"I don't believe you. If this place is so magical, where are these monsters and creatures you're talking about?" 

"They don't come out until the night time. It's mid-day right now, they'll be out soon,"

"Oh sure! Do you think I'm stupid, Sehun? I'm not a little kid, I don't believe you," 

Kimmy scoffed while Sehun slowed his pace. 

"Do you think I would lie about something like this? I'm being serious, kid," 

"Stop calling me a kid! See, that proves you're just messing with me. Put me down!" 

Sehun stopped walking. He turned and glared at Kimmy's eyes. It went from a deep brown color, to a bright, bloody red. Kimmy gasped. She tried to push herself off of Sehun. "Stop!" Sehun yelled, irritated. "Put me down, you're a monster!" she yelled, frightened. "You're scared, I get it. I had to prove to you somehow that I wasn't lying. I'm not a monster either. I'm a Thunderbird," Sehun replied, beginning to walk again. 

"A Thunderbird?" Kimmy asked. 

"Yeah. When I need to, I transform into a big bird and create really bad storms. Nothing really special," he said, smiling. 

"So you just make alot of .. wind," Kimmy said unimpressed. 

"Basically," he replied, embarassed. 

Kimmy laughed. "That's really adorable," 

Sehun blushed. "It's nothing special, like I said. Anyways, do you remember if you're mystical or anything?" 

Kimmy stopped laughing. She bit her bottom lip, and shook her head. "No, I don't. I think I'm just.. human," 

Sehun laughed. "Yeah I know. You smell like it," 

Kimmy's brow furrowed. "What's that suppose to mean?!" she yelled, insulted. 

"I mean, mystical creatures always give off a certain scent. You, on the other hand, just smell like a human," Sehun looked at Kimmy and lowered his tone. "It could be a good or a bad thing, ok? I don't know what the result is going to be when we get there, but just be prepared," 

Kimmy blinked, confused. "Where are we going?" 

"To the village," Sehun said. 

- - - - 

As they were still headed towards the village, the sun began to sink down beneath the horizon. That's when they came out. That's when Kimmy started to believe what Sehun said was true. This place was full of mystical creatures, and even worse .. monsters

"Kimmy, keep up," Sehun said, walking ahead of the girl. "Jeez, this is why I said let me carry you!" Kimmy caught up to Sehun and frowned. "No way, I didn't want to be a burden," she said, and tripped over a rock. Sehun clicked his tongue and grabbed Kimmy's hand. "You're extremely clumsy," Kimmy pouted. "I'm just.. nervous. They keep staring at me," she said referring to all the creatures staring at her. 

"Yeah, well. We don't see a lot of humans around here. Matter of fact, humans are seen as pigs around here," Kimmy stopped her pace. Sehun turned around. "What?" he asked, emotionless as if expecting this response. "It's true. Humans are filthy in our eyes," Kimmy narrowed her glance. "I'm not filthy! And I'm not a pig!" she yelled. 

She was then hit with a pebble. "Ow!" she yelled, rubbing her sore spot. 

"Leave this place human! There is no place for you!" a creature with the head of a man, but body of a lion, yelled. 

"Tsk, a Manticore," Sehun said, putting his arm around Kimmy's shoulders. "Leave her, she's mines," 

"You of all people should know that it's disrespectful to protect a human, let alone speak about humans," the Manticore yelled. Kimmy looked frightened. Creatures were surrounding them, staring at her. "Sehun.." she whispered. "I'll protect you, don't worry," he assured her. "I'm taking her to the headmistress. I'm going to let her decide what to do with her. Understood?" he yelled for the crowd to hear. 

The creatures mumbled to themselves. When it sunk into their minds, they all cleared a walkway for the two to pass. 

"Let's go," Sehun whispered, still holding onto Kimmy. Kimmy nervously walked past the creatures eyeing her with hungry eyes. 

"Sehun, who's the headmistress?" she asked when they reached a overwhelmingly tall building. Sehun stopped walking.

"She's the one I was talking about," 

"What? But I thought you were protecting me from her!" Kimmy yelled. Sehun sighed. "I never said that, but if she got to you before I did, she could've turned you into a pig and have the creatures eat you. If I brought you to her myself, then maybe she would go easy on you. Which one would you want?" Kimmy sighed. "The second one.." Sehun smiled and ruffled her hair. "Good girl. We cross this bridge and then we head up to see her. Be nice, or she'll eat you," he said. "Was that a joke?" she said, unamused. Sehun laughed and started to cross the bridge.

"Pretty much," 

"It wasn't funny," Kimmy said, pouting. 

As the two crossed the bridge alongside other mystical beings, one particular being caught Kimmy's attention. 

He was black. Just black.

He had a mask covering what could be his face, but she could see his bright red eyes staring right back at her. 

She clung onto Sehun's sleeve and sped up her pace. 

"Hey! What's the rush?" Sehun said, struggling to keep up. 

"That.. that creature keeps looking at me," she said, nervous. 

"What creature?" Sehun said turning around. "The frog? He can't help but stare," 

"No, the black figure!" Kimmy said. 

Sehun turned around again. He didn't see a black figure. 

"Kimmy, there's nothing there," 

Kimmy turned around, and he was right. The figure was gone. 

"Anyways, ready to meet the headmistress?" Sehun asked. 

Kimmy turned to face the front again. They were standing on top of a wooden platform. "What's this?" she asked. 

Sehun smirked. "Hold on tight," 

"What? Wh-" 

The wooden platform expanded into the air and they were hovering above the ground. Kimmy screamed and hugged Sehun. Sehun wrapped his arm around Kimmy who was shaking viciously. "Not used to being this high, huh?" he asked, chuckling. "Sehun! This isn't funny!" she yelled, hugging him tighter. Sehun laughed. "Anyways, let's go meet her," 

The platform went up higher and higher. Kimmy thought she was going to faint. Then it stopped. It landed on the balcony of a bedroom. 

"Where are we?" Kimmy asked when she finally let go of Sehun. 

"I've been waiting for you," said a woman's voice. 

Kimmy turned around, and there she was. 

The headmistress