CHAPTER 1: The Beginning

Say Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TINA'S POV:

 

So here is it, the cafe where I'll do my other part time job.  The sweet scent of the cake is watering my mouth.  Perhaps, the owner of the cafe is a sweet person, I wonder.  After stay for a couple minutes in front of the restaurant, I decided to go inside.  Pushing the door slowly, I step into the cafe.  I was "wow"-ing alone when I saw the interion of this cafe.  It is so cozy with sofa, round and square tables with flower vase on each of them, a mini bar with open kitchen design, and all the furnitures and wallpapers are in pastel colors.  I think the concept of the cafe is really sweet and cozy cafe.  A young woman saw me there, looking at me from head to toe with her jaw drop and dumbfounded face as if she just saw a,,,,,,,,,,, well I don't know, a ghost?  Am I really look weird?  I scratch my not-so-itchy-head and then I tried to talk to her.

"Errr...  Excuse me..?  Are you...."

"Are you Tina?"  That young woman seems having her sense back.

I nod and then smile to her.

"My God!  I don't know that you really are handsome.  Mai said that you are a cute tom, but I have no idea that you are this handsome.  I'm sorry, I was dumbfounded just now.  So,, welcome to my cafe.  I'm Pita."  She said while shaking my hand.  "Please, have a seat."

Pita assist me to sit in the mini bar.  She's a friend of Mai, one of my older cousin, who recommend me to have a part time job in this cafe.  Pita is actually an nice young woman.  I bet her age just about 30 years old or not more than 35 years old.  But she still look naturally beautiful.  Pita brew me a cup of coffee.  Then she took a slice of cake and serve it to me.

"Please try.."  She said,  "It's one of favorite cake here."

I smiled and took a sip of the coffee, and then took a bite of the cake.  Well, indeed, it taste good.  Sweet but not too sweet.  I wonder what did she put in it.  But before I even say a word, she explained it to me.

"I put pure honey, instead of sugar for the cake.  It taste good right?"

"Yeah..  I dont know that honey can make the cake taste so good like this.  I think I can take another 2 or 3 slice of the cake.  I like it.."

"That's what I'm intented to do,, making the customers craving for more without the feeling of nausea because eating too much cake."  She said while smiling.

"I will learn a lot then.."  I said.

"Of course..  Do you think just because you are a part-timer you just wanna do your work without learning anything?"

We both laughing.  She's quite humorous.  I like this woman.  Well, not liking as what you guys expected to be.  She's a married woman with and adorable baby son, Mai told me once.

We talk a lot for around 20 minutes, then someone's coming.  A petite girl with a lovely face came into the cafe.  "Morning..!"  She said with cheerful voice.  I looked at her like I just saw an angel.  She's so flawless.

"Morning Aom..  You look like having a good mood today.."  Pita said.

I saw that girl is looking at me, while walking in.  "This is Tina, the the part-timer whom I told you before."  Pita try to explain it to that girl Aom who still look confuse.  I throw my best smile to her, and she smiles back to me.  God, she's so beautiful with that smile.

"Well, I'll see you later Pita.."  She said while rushingly walking to the back side of the cafe.

I saw her until she's disappear from my sight.  Pita poke my hand.

"Don't worry, you'll spend more time with her.  She's your partner in this cafe.  The other workers had their own partner also.  Aom's partner just resigned few days ago.  That's why I take you when Mai inform me about you."  She said as if she knew that I had an interest with Aom.  I just smile shyly because I didn't realize that Pita pay attention on me.

"Well, let's get back to work now..  This place should be open in 10 more minutes."  Pita said while stood up from her seat.  Me too.  "You can put all your belongings inside the locker at the staff's area over there, and change your clothes also.  I prepared it for you already.  I guess it will suit you."  She then winked after saying it.

I excitedly go to the locker room, because I think that girl Aom still there.  And I was right.

 

 

AOM'S POV:

"Morning..!"  I said with cheerful voice.  I knew Pita already sat on her favorite chair at the mini bar, just like usual.  But then I saw someone strange sit beside her.  I was dumbfounded, kinda, seeing that person.  Is that person a male or female?  Looks cool, handsome, but also pretty at the same time.  I walk inside while wondering but then Pita said "This is Tina, the new part-timer whom I told you before."

Aahhh...  so that is she, my soon-to-be-partner.  She threw a smile on me.  A really sweet smile.  I feel so awkward, so I give her my smile also.

"Well, I'll see you later Pita.."  I said while rushingly walking to the locker room.

I received a phone call when I arrived there.

"Good morning, Princess.."  Said the person who calling me.

"Good morning Mike.."

"Whoaaa..  Why you sounds so tired picking up my phone call?  Are you tired of me baby?"

I giggled when hear Mike saying it.  Mike is my boyfriend.  He's a good person and he always look after me like I'm his only precious thing in this world, even we rarely meet each other because of his hectic schedule.

"No.. I'm on rush just now, I just arrived at the cafe."  I said.

"Hey, you're late arround 5 minutes!"

"Yahh!  The cafe is open by 9am, It's only 8.35."  I tried to defence myself.

"Well, you usually come at 8.30, which is means today you late around 5 minutes."

"Yaya I know..  That's why I kinda run just now."

"Hahaha I love to tease you in the morning, baby.  I can imagine your sulky face now.."

"Stop it..  you embarassing me.."

"I love you, Aom.."  Mike said with his manly voice.

"I love you too, Mike.."

"Thanks..  Okay.. I guess that's enough lovey-dovey for this morning..  Have a nice day, Princess.."

"You too..  Ohh,, hey!  What about your flight this morning?  Are you ready to go?"

"Of course..  Just like usual..  I'm ready to face those mad girls in the airport who always look at me like I'm a superstar..hahaha"

"Silly..  Have a safe flight then.  Text me once you arrived there.."

"I will..  Bye now.."

I cut the call and smile alone.  Then suddenly someone open the door.

"Hi.."  It's Tina.

"Hi.."  I answer her.  She smile and walk inside the locker room.

Okay, so here it is.  From now on, I need to be friends with a tom.  Kinda scared actually, because I don't know how to face them.  My family is kinda religious and strict.  This kind of stuff might be frightening them and perhaps they won't agree at all on the idea of tom, gay, lesb, or whatever they're called.  But I think she's okay.

I took a glance to her who stand right on my left, that's when I realizes that she's been watching me even without open her locker yet.  She smiles, and that smile,,,,  I don't know how to describe it, but I feel that awkward moment again.  I turn my head back to my locker immediately, and I heard sher small chuckle then she start to open her locker without saying anything.  We change clothes in silence.  I don't dare to look at her at all, even just a small glance.  But I guess she's done already since she's now closing the locker.  I purposely slower my movement, so she can go out first.  But why the hell she's still standing there?

I comb my hair, I tie them into a ponytail, but she still watch me there while folding her arms in front of her chest as if she's really watching me.  I really feel uncomfortable, and then finally she speak.

"Can you please faster your movement?  You're cute already with that look Ms. Aom."

I turn my head, and look right in the eyes.  God, she has a smiling eyes.  And how can she's looking somebody with that sharp look?  Is she always like this?  It's like I can see sparks in her eyes.  They're so beautiful and,,,,,,,, wait a minute, why do I have to think about it??  I shake my head to ease those silly thoughts.  I look back at her, and she still looks at me the same way as if she's hypnotising me.

"And why do I have to do that?"  I put my both hands on my waist.  She's smiling.

"Of course because I've been waiting for you."  Still with the smile plastered on her flawless face.

"And why you do that?  You can go out there by yourself right?"  I still put out my stubbornness, and then she said "Of course I'll wait for my partner.  I just wanna........."

Bruakk!  The door suddenly opens.  And one of the staffs here comes in.  We both look at the same direction now.

"Guys, what are you doing?  Pita is waiting for us now!  Be quick!"  He said and then he just went out even without both of us can say anything.

Tina turns her head on me again.  "See?  I told you we have to be hurry."  She said.  I rolled my eyes and then closed my locker.  "Whatever.."  I walk outside, purposely bump my shoulder on her.  Then she follows me without saying anything, but I'm sure that she's still smiling there.

 

 

TINA'S POV:

This girl is something,  She looks cute with that mood swings she has.  I wonder if she's in her period now.  We walk together.  Well, not literally together, because she's rushingly walking in front of me after one of the staffs there called us in the locker room.  We're heading to the kitchen I supposed.  Because I already can smell the sweet scent from here.  Hey, don't blame me.  I have a sensitive smelling if it's about food because I love to eat, just as simple as that.

"There you are.."  Pita said when she saw us entering the kitchen.  This is a ridiculously super awesome kitchen!  I never saw a kitchen like this before, looks so cozy with the awesome arangement of the kitchen tools wich are really don't look like an usual kitchen.  Pita is never runs out of idea I guess.  Pita poke me, and ask me to stand beside her.

"Good morning.."  She said and the other staffs greet her the same.  "As usual, we will start our awesome day in this awesome place with all the awesome people here.  But something different is that we can see a new look who is standing right beside me, Tina, who supposed to be our new awesome friend start from now on.  Because Aom still don't have a partner like the other staffs here, that's why I'll make Tina work with Aom.."  The audience is cheering now.  "You're so lucky gnome, she's quite handsome.."  Someone at the back is shouting.  I saw Aom turn her head with sulky face.  Pita giggled seeing her workers like that.  And then she backs on her "morning speech".

"Okay guys, I know that she's quite handsome, but please don't flirt at her because she has Aom already."  Then she winks at me.  Aom's face was dumbfounded hearing her said it.  And the audience is cheering louder than before and I saw Aom's face turn a lil bit red.  Is she shy?  So cute.  And with some more encourangement words, Pita end her speech and the audience are dismissed.  She then give a sign to Aom to come forward.  Aom just followed her, without looking at me.

"So, Tina, Aom, I put you guys together here to ask you exchange vow."

"What?!"  We both shocked and asking the same question on her.  I took a glance to a petite girl beside me, and she did the same too on me.  We turn our head back when we heard Pita's laughing.

"Hahaha, you guys look so cute together.  I'm just kidding guys."  We both then letting out a relief sigh hearing that.  "But I'm serious, I need you to work with passion and chemistry so that you can be a good team.  That's the purpose of me putting all the staffs here in pairs."  She said in serious tone.  We both noods.  She then pats our shoulder and drag us to follow her.

She bring us to one station, showing us what's important to work here.  I believe Aom is already know it, but she still look excitedly as if this is her first time hearing it too.  Pita is indeed an awesome young woman.  She has completely wild idea in creating foods, especially pastry.  She explaied anything that I never thought before.  It's almost 10 o'clock now when she suddenly put out something on a plate.  "I want you guys to try it."  She then open the cover.  "Omelet??"  Me and Aom said in dissbelief.  Moreover, its just a plain omelet.  Everyone can make this simple plain omelet, I guess.  Pita hand us forks and give us a sign to start eating.  I doubt it, until I saw Aom's expression change when she start to take a little bite of it.  I'm curious too, so I cut it and I already feel something's different.  I put it straight into my mouth, that's when I can taste the softness of the omelet.

"It's so delicious, Pita!"  Aom almost screaming and she took another bite.  I agree.  This is ridiculously delicious.  How can a simple omelet taste like this?  "What did you put on it, Pita?"  Aom asks her.  "Just like usual plain omelet.."  She answers.  I'm not sattisfied with her answer, just like me.  Pita is smiling,  "Air."  She said.

Our both face is now dumbfounded.  "What??"  We again, saying the same question together.  Pita, again, laughing after seing our expression like that.

"Do you guys really have to act so cute together like that?"  She laugh again but then stop it because seeing us looking at her with curious expression.  She then clear and said something taht shocking us.

"It's true.  I just add more air in it.  Whisk the egg a little longer as if you wanna make a cake.  Give more air in it, and when you cook it, it will be softer than the other omelet."  Then she smiles to us.  "Cooking isn't only about following the recepie guys, its more about passion and the most important thing is you have to do it with your heart, so whatever you make, the ingredients will feel the love that comes out from your heart.  It definitely will make them let out their best taste."

 

 

AOM'S POV:

It's been a week Tina works as my partner.  And of course we've became closer to each other.  She made me change my point of view about a tom.  She's not like the common tom, who like to show up and show off their charm or handsomeness or whatever, she's more typically like the opposite.  She said she doesn't like to speak to much, but she can always be talkative when she's facing me.  One of my friend here also ask me about that,  "Why Tina only can talk a lot when she's with you?"  Then I just shrug because I really dont know the answer.  What I care about is she always treats me nicely, so I can feel comfortable when she's around.  One thing I don't like about her, that she's following the other staffs calling me "gnome" sometimes.  Hey!  Don't blame me, this petite body can attract those other guys out there.  Besides, I'm grateful that God already gave me this kind of "mini" look so people always think that I'm younger than my actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter