Homo Lupus

The Sangster Bestiary

Homo Lupus

Werewolf – Asian Sub-Species

Origin

Various regions of Asia – 48 BC

The men and women who lived as guardians of the temples and shrines of the moon deities, taking care of them day and night – the women in the day, and the men at night so the women would be protected while they slept – were chosen to receive a special gift from their gods. Thus, the men and women were merged with the guardians of the moon and could shift between the form of a man or a wolf.

 

Culture

Each individual pack has their own hierarchy, in which an Alpha needs at least two or three members to consider themselves with a pack. Typical packs range from 5-8 members. There is no known supreme pack that rules over all lesser packs.

As these werewolves were created separately from the Greek-originated werewolves, they have different ranking titles. However, most modern wolf packs have adopted the Greek ranking titles.

Chief/Alpha – the leader of a pack of werewolves. It is the strongest, most powerful and so far the most lethal variety of Werewolf. This rank can be inherited through family, achieved by killing a Chief/Alpha, or grown into by generating one’s own pack.

Pack Headman/Beta – second-in-command to the reigning Alpha or Alphas and will act as new Alpha if an Alpha dies or is otherwise no longer considered an Alpha. This position can be considered permanent or temporary (until a new Alpha is found) depending on the pack dynamics.

Kinfolk/Delta – the general members of a wolf pack.

Untouchables/Omega – a “lone wolf” without a pack. Since being with a pack makes werewolves physically stronger, Omegas are not as powerful as their peers within packs.

The wolf gene is more prominent in the males of this bloodline, as the male ancestors were active under the moonlight, however it does effect females. It is more common to see a wolf pack comprised of mostly male members, though packs with females have been seen.

 

Appearance

There are no defining characteristics of a werewolf in human form. When partially shifted, a werewolf’s eyes take on either an amber or hazel hue (dependent on the individual), nails are elongated and canine teeth elongate. In fully shifted form, this breed takes on the form of a wolf – albeit larger than true wolves – and has various coat colorings.

 

Abilities

  • Enhanced strength, speed, and agility
  • Accelerated healing
  • Heightened Senses – the ability to smell, see and hear far better than humans. The ability to see more clearly in the dark is also a faction of heightened sight.
  • Transformation – the ability to transform into a wolf, not dependent on a full moon

 

Weaknesses

  • Wolfsbane in all forms
  • Mountain ash - Exhibits control over werewolves and other supernatural creatures.
  • Full moon – though it is the time when a werewolf is strongest, the full moon is a time when a werewolf is least likely to be in control. They experience the urge to shift, heightened bloodlust and/or libido. Unpracticed/younger wolves are kept under tight control as they are most likely to cause mayhem at this time. Older/practiced wolves either hunt or seek out established mates to diffuse the excess energy.