scripts

Infinite Days of Our Bold and Beautiful Lives

“What the hell is this?” Sunggyu spluttered, gesticulating wildly with one hand while the other held his script away at arm’s length as though it might bite him. “They can’t be seriously be going through with this, the ratings are going to tank, I-  Ouch, Noona!”

 

His hairstylist scowled down at him, ignoring the pout he had plastered to his face. “I am wielding a hot straightening iron. You are moving, and supposed to be getting your makeup done in 5 minutes. There is no pity for you in this equation.”

 

Sungjong cast him an amused glance through the reflection of the mirrors as he had his own hair retouched for the next scene. “Is that one of next week’s scripts? I haven’t had a chance to pick my set up yet.”

 

Sunggyu passed the script over, making an exaggerated show of keeping his shoulders and neck completely rigid while doing so.

 

“See for yourself. Page 7, third line from the bottom. I tell you Jjongie, the fans aren’t going to like this.”

 

The younger male skimmed the page, letting out a low whistle as he took it in.

 

“Wow, that is gutsy. Breaking up the main couple. And ah-” He pursed his lips as he continued to scan the text. “They’re using amnesia again already? They just had Ailee get her memory back what, two weeks ago?” His slim fingers continued to flip through the rest of the booklet, and as he neared the end, he snickered.

 

“Hyung, did you get to the end of this script yet?”

 

Sunggyu looked up from where he’d been furiously drafting a text to his manager, his message something along the lines of -How did you get me attached to this sinking ship of a project??? I can’t believe I turned down a chance to work with Hyuna- to quirk an eyebrow at him.

 

“No, I stopped at the point where Dongwoo doesn’t recognize Woohyun after waking up in the hospital. Wait. Don’t tell me. I heard they signed a contract with that upcoming guy, Lee Hodong or whatever it was, to cameo for a few episodes so...” He stopped to clear his throat, continuing in a voice dripping with saccharine sweetness.

 

“Dongwoo starts to fall in love with his dashing doctor, who has just moved to town and obviously doesn’t know the trials and tribulations of the 2woo legacy.” He embellished his statement with several (careful and controlled, mindful of the woman still teasing the strands of his hair) flourishes of his hands.

 

Sungjong hummed approvingly. “Good guess, they’re going to have his heart monitor mysteriously react every time the doctor comes into his room. I think the falling in love will have to wait until later in the week when he actually wakes up.”

 

Sunggyu snorted at that and shook his head, yelping when his hairstylist pinched his neck for moving again. “The entire show’s fanbase is practically devoted to the 2Woo ship. How can even they even think to break them up just like that?”     

 

Sungjong let out a chuckle of his own, brushing a piece of his fringe from his eyes. “Fans love this kind of though. I’m sure that in a month they’ll suddenly be remembering their undying love for each other, and reaffirm it in a private candlelit ceremony on the beach while we all look on with happy tears.”

 

“Don’t forget the tearful confrontation as he chooses between the love he’s always known and the new flame. I wonder if we can find out how long the new guy’s contract is for, that might give us an indication of how long this plotline’s to run on for.” Sunggyu was back to tapping away at the screen of his smartphone, trying to see if his manager could wheedle the information out from one of the staff members.

 

“But hyung, did you see whose arms Woohyun is going to find solace in for the interim?”

 

Sunggyu’s just having the finishing touches done to his hair, and while his hairstylist steps away to find a can of hairspray, he feels it’s safe enough to tilt his head curiously at Sungjong. “Is it the doctor too? We haven’t really had a love triangle since you turned down both Sungyeol and Myungsoo to date Jieun instead. Seems like it’d get awfully confusing though.”

 

“Nope, guess again!” The gleeful smile on Sungjong’s face was nothing short of devious, and Sunggyu narrowed his eyes suspiciously at him. That kind of smile in conjunction with Lee Sungjong could never bode well, that is something Sunggyu hads learned from experience.

 

“... Sungyeol? They’ve got that playful chemistry that everyone seems to love.”

 

His own hair finished, Sungjong stood and stretched slightly before walking to stand in front of Sunggyu’s chair, still grinning from ear to ear. “Wrong again. It’s you, hyung! Your first kiss is in the last scene, complete with a sunset background and soft summer breeze to ruffle your hair. I’ll go ahead to makeup and remind them to moisturize your lips well to prepare for the big day.” And with one last wink, the younger male skipped away, leaving a stunned Sunggyu in his wake.

 

Once he regained his wits, Sunggyu’s cry of indignation was cut short; his mouth flapping open just as his stylist unleashed a cloud of hairspray upon his head. He opted to cough miserably instead.

 

 

-----------

Maybe one day I’ll actually write an addendum where woogyu actually interacts…

I have no idea where this fic materialized from, I think I just have weird thoughts sometimes and decide to run with them... I also have no idea how soap operas actually operate, and my own experience with them is limited to staring blankly at the tv while my sister watched them and wondering how the actors acted out their scenes with such straight faces (major kudos to them!).