Chapter 1

P.S. I Hate You

This is not how he was supposed to feel. He is Nam Taehyun and he does not get enthralled by someone else’s existence.

No.

Never.

Nah-uh.

So then, who the hell is this Mino and why the hell do those dark menacing eyes remain embedded in his mind as if it belonged there.

Oh dear lord. He doesn’t even know the guys last name yet and he hates him already. He hates him so much he could probably whip up at least two songs, five essays and an editorial about him. But in the end, he decides against it. That Mino guy doesn’t deserve even a fraction of his time. Who is he anyway?

This is YG high school and Nam Taehyun reigns over it. He’s the top student. He’s the vice president of the school council, who, truth be told, has the president and the entire council dancing on the palm of his hand. In fact, he was offered the position but he declined it with a silent no and a swing of his finger. Running for presidency is too stressful, he thinks, so he’d rather just sit back and relax with the vice president title attached to him. But, that doesn’t mean he would be of service to whoever the president would be. That’s no-no. He’s very particular with the things that he wants and how he wants things done, and he makes sure everyone sticks to them.

In addition, Nam Taehyun is the face of YG High. He is the best looking boy in school who is certainly the prettiest, too.

To sum things up, he, Nam Taehyun, is a presence one could never ignore even if they hoped and prayed. Recognize. That’s all there is to do when it comes to the one and only Nam. Tae. Hyun.

That is why, it is way beyond his comprehension, even with his 132 IQ, how Mino, the one of the newly transferred students from the US, could pass him by without so much as a glance. He repeats in his head, Mino, passed him by without so much a glance. Well, their eyes met for a nano second. However, one Nam Taehyun will never consider it. Simply because, when a perfectly sane human passes him by, they glance at him for at least eight seconds, mouth hanging open in most case of first times. No one, he repeats – NO ONE, who has ever laid eyes on him, could look away the next second. No. One.

Until Mino came along.

It was somewhat funny, even to him, how his thoughts wandered from being enthralled (though he hates to admit it!) to hating the new student. It is confusing him to no ends how Mino makes him feel. See? The things that the new student does to him are absolutely hateful.

He huffed in annoyance, his cheeks puffing as he blew his hair off his face. Good thing they aren’t in the same class. His annoyance would probably grow tenfold if they were put together in one room. He doesn’t want to see him, not even his shadow, especially right now when he’s still in the middle of trying to sort out his emotions. He’s not being a drama queen, really. Although many would probably try to argue, they’ll never win anyway.

It came as a shock to him. The scene, or what he’d call the crime scene, kept replaying on his mind. He tried to shake it off but the slow motion image of Mino’s eyes straying away from Taehyun’s face was deeply etched in his memory.

The crime took place during the day’s lunch break. It was the second day of the new academic year; most students were still busy catching up on how the short vacation was spent and whatnot while others were chitchatting about one thing or another. However, one popular topic has been popping up in his radar. There was this talk about two boys from the US and how handsome they were. Taehyun would admit he was curious for a second, but he shrugged it off knowing that they were below his level anyway.

So yes, it was around lunch time when it happened. Busy footsteps could be heard along the hallway as some students make their way towards the cafeteria while the others walk the opposite direction, carrying their purchased items to eat someplace else, all the while yapping about nonsensical things, much to Taehyun’s dismay.

He held his head levelled while his eyes were downcast as he walked back to his classroom. He’s not in the mood for any conversation, so he decided he’d rather eat in the classroom instead of the cafeteria which is normally crowded. As was nearing his classroom, he found it more difficult to ignore all the noise with every step he took. He managed catch ‘Mino’, ‘Yah’, ‘Mino’ amidst all the screaming.

So, it’s the new guy causing the commotion, huh, he thought to himself. After a few more steps, the unfamiliar figure finally came into view. Taehyun’s eyes landed on the new student’s feet which were probably one size larger than his own, he noted. Slowly, his eyes travelled in an upward direction. The guy had long, strong-looking legs which were connected to muscular thighs. Does the guy run a mile per day or what? He had one hand inside his pocket. Trying to look cool, perhaps? The long sleeves of his uniform were rolled up to his elbows, exposing tanned arms. His shoulders were broad. Woah. Hold up. Did he just say woah? Nope. He definitely didn’t. No way. Since when did he find broad shoulders attractive? Never. Not in a day in history.

While he was trying to convince himself that broad shoulders are not the slightest bit attractive, he, somehow, was pulled into a trance. And suddenly, the moment his eyes reached Mino’s face, everything was in slow motion.

His chin, a perfect mix of pointed and oval, was connected to a well-sculpted jaw. His plump lips, not too thin nor too thick, were curved into the most dashing smile Taehyun has ever seen, exposing perfectly aligned pearly white teeth. They got him thinking that the stars must have been perfectly aligned when those teeth sprouted. Along with the blinding smile were the perfectly protruding high cheekbones, accentuating his face. His eyes were chocolate brown, twinkling as they sat deep beneath thick, perfectly curved eyebrows that made his overall feature masculine and domineering.

To put it simply, Mino is indeed handsome. Taehyung knows, or rather, the world knows, Taehyun is handsome, too. However, while Taehyun’s features are soft, Mino’s are strong. So yeah, the new guy is quite handsome, he’ll give him that much credit. In fact, he might not be surprised at all if he found a photo of him on a page of GQ.

Still caught up in Mino’s dark eyes, he watched as the chocolate brown orbs moved sideways, meeting his eyes. He was expecting the guy to be caught in the same slow motion state, be lost in Taehyun’s beautiful eyes in the same way he was lost in Mino’s.

But no.

The guy’s eyes lost contact with Taehyun’s, his smile never faltering for one second as if it was the most natural thing to do, as if Taehyun was just another face in the crowd.

That. That was when Taehyun decided that he hated Mino. Whatever his last name was, wherever country he might have come from, whichever magazine he could have been in, he hates him. Oh, he really does.

---

How was it? It's probably difficult to undestand because my thoughts tend to get ahead of myself most of the times. I'm also guilty of abusing run on sentences. But I hope you enjoyed it.

follow me on twitter and let's spazz namsong non-stop!

@tora_robin