Final

[Short Drabble] The Scared Tao

“I don’t think we should do this,” said Tao.

I glanced at Tao then back at the house. “Don’t be so scared Tao.”

His voice raised a pitch as he spoke, “I’m not! It’s just doesn’t…doesn’t seem safe to do this at night.”  

“The scarier it is the funnier it’ll be!” I grabbed a hold of his hand and tugged him inside the abandon house. He reluctantly pulled back, but I didn’t want him to escape, not this time. With all my force I pulled him into the house.

“See, not so bad right?” I took a peek at his expression as he gulped. He suddenly did something that was unexpected. He grabbed my hand and ran outside for safety. I lied. Coming from someone like Tao, it can be expected.

I laughed at his action and let him drag me out of the house. When we were finally a block away from the house he untangled his hand from mine. I could tell that he was pissed at me by the expression shown on his face.

“You’re really cute you know that Tao?” I couldn’t help put pinch those cheeks of his.

He nudge my hand off his cheek, “Hey, this isn’t funny!”

Yup, he was pissed alright.

I tried to remain calm but then I just couldn’t hold it in no more. My lips curved into a smile and I started to laugh at him. “But it is to me. Wait until I tell all the students at school and your crush!”

“J-just shut up!” He started to walk off without me.

“That guy,” I smiled at the tall boy walking off by himself. “How can he still be scared when his own crush was with him the whole time? So much for being manly.”

I caught up with Tao and slung an arm over his shoulders. Even though he kept prying my arm off of him, I could tell that he was slightly happy by my actions. He was failing so hard to hide that smile on his face.

If only you know that I like you too, Tao.