I/II

Hot and Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When will you leave me?” you asked, half-drunk. You’re in the middle of your chicken-and-beer and movies night with Sehun although none of you is actually paying attention to the movie. The purpose of the twenty-four inch television in Sehun’s room is technically just to light up the room a little.

“Never,” he said while looking straight into your eyes as he gently place strands of your hair behind your ear.  “Do you promise?” you asked again like you’re in the verge of crying. “Why are you so dramatic tonight?” Sehun smiled and cupped your right and left cheek with both of his hands. “I promise. I will never leave you. Whatever problem comes between us, I will be strong for you… for us,” he continued and you smiled back at him upon feeling the assurance in his words and gaze.

 

It is almost a part of your waking up routine to reminisce about that night. Instead of a mantra, that memory serves as motivation for you to start your day.

 

Sent
Good morning, sunshine!

You sent him the usual message you send him every morning. Sehun might have changed his treatment towards you but you decided to just stay strong and deal with it normally. You’ve been dating for more than a year now and there is no way you will break the ice and take the risk of losing him. You haven’t said nor asked anything. As long as he stays with you, you’re okay. Even a little bit of him is more than enough.

You sighed. If it has been the old Warm Sehun, he might have called you immediately after receiving your good morning message to make sure it’s his voice that you’ll hear first when you wake up. But this is the new Cold Sehun you’re dealing with. He won’t reply to you or even text you first. He literally just replies whenever there is a question mark at the end of your sentence.

***

It has been a tough day in your internship and right after you said goodbye to your supervisor, you grabbed your phone and sent Sehun a message.

 

Sent
Let’s have dinner tonight. Yeah? :)

Hunnie
No. I’m tired.

Sent
Should I come to your house and cook for you?

Hunnie
No. Do not come here.

Sent
But I really want to have dinner with you. Please?

Hunnie
Fine. But not here, let’s eat outside.

It has been months since you last went to his house. Whenever you plan to do so, he will prevent it. Sometimes you can’t help but think he’s slowly trying to shut you out of his life. Whenever this kind of thought comes in mind, you strongly oppose yourself and hold on the fact that if you’re strong and patient enough to deal with this sudden change in him, he will let you stay in his life. Most of the time, you feel li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter