The Beginning

My Wilting Flower

Woohyun POV:


"Oppa, this isn't going to work out! You never pay attention to me."

"Yah... What do you mean? I buy you everything you ask for, I pay for all of our meals, I take you everywhere." I inched closer to her. Our hands brushed.

"Oppa, I said no! If you want to keep dating, go buy me flowers." She crossed her arms and looked away, pouting.

I sighed, "Alright, I'll go." I ran up her street searching for the flower shop from last time. She always wanted flowers..

As I walked in, a new theme filled the shop. Instead of the plain white walls like before, everything was green and pink. A chime rang through as I looked around. Next to the register was a vintage gold cage with two blue canaries hopping on several posts. No one was here at the register..

"Hello?"

A voice from behind a few rose bushes called out, "Oh sorry, I'll come right out." I waited patiently, entertained by the shop's new look.
"Hi, what would you like today?" I focused back to the register.

"Oh I um..." I stared at the girl receptionist blankly. She had pretty brown hair, resting neatly on both sides of her shoulders. Her eyes were bright and kind, and the sun shone on her calmly. She smiled, "So, what kind of flowers or plants were you looking for?" I snapped back into reality..

"Oh uh, actually what kind of flowers do girls usually like?"

"Hm.. Well I know some girls that like lilies and tulips," she suggested.

"Is that what you like too?"

"Oh no, I like roses, especially the red ones." I nodded. So she likes red roses... Wait, I'm here to get Minah some flowers, I should hurry before she gets upset again. 

"Can I have 5 red tulips in one wrap?"

"Sure. Is it for your girlfriend," she asked me.

"Yeah, I guess so.."

She laughed, "You guess so? Haha.." 

Her laugh was cute too... She went behind a post next to a sink and picked out several tulips, and wrapped them in a pink plastic film.

"Here sir, 5 red tulips," she smiled. I exchanged my money for the tulips.

"Thank you. Also, I like the new shop's look. Did the owner want something new?"

"Actually, she passed away recently..."

"Im so sorry to hear that," I said quietly. She paused a bit,

"She passed the shop on to me, but since I wasn't confident enough in leading the business, I thought a new look would do the trick."
 I nodded, "I really like it. It's nice."

"I'm glad you like it. Well then, have a good day sir!" She bowed slightly to me and grinned. Always happy..

"See you again some time!" I went out the door, and started down the street. What a special girl, and I don't even know her name.

 

"Aw, thanks oppa! I knew we were meant to be!" Minah always said the same thing whenever I bought her gifts.


"You know, Minah. I love you."
"I know-"
"But I can't keep doing this if you just use me for gifts."
"What?"
"Every time we get into fights you tell me to get you a gift. Only then we can be together. Why does it have to be that way? Why can't we just be together without you telling me I have to get you a gift to keep this relationship?"
"Because I want gifts from you," she brushed me off. My words meant nothing to her. I thought back to the girl at the flower shop. She was cute, and seemed so nice.
"If you want us to work out, then you have to get me gifts!"
"Well maybe I don't want us to work out then."
"Oppa no, lets stay together," she begged. Sh gripped onto my arm as i tried walking away. I pushed her hand off, and continued on,
"I'm sorry Minah, I'm not doing this anymore." She just stood there speechless.

There's someone who has hooked me in now. I'm not easily interested in people... But she had something to her. I don't know what it was... Whatever happens, I cant go back to Minah... Shes too much for me to handle.

The next day, I visited the shop to see her again. I kept receiving texts from Minah, begging me to come back. I couldn't go back to her. There was no way I would. Now, I couldn't help but think about the flower shop girl, all day. I just had to see her again.
I pouted as I didn't see her anywhere in the shop. Maybe she's not working today? Or maybe she's outside somewhere? I waited before I heard a voice from around the corner in a small room.
"Oh hello. You're from yesterday, aren't you?"
"Ah yes, I wanted to buy a rose from you." I smiled to her and fixed my messy hair.
"I see. What's your girlfriends favorite color," she asked, digging through a box of different colored ribbons.
"I... broke up with her, yesterday."
"Oh.. I hope you both find eventual happiness," she said softly as she wrapped a red rose in clear plastic, and tightened the red bow around the stem. I thanked her as she handed it me. I took it from her and stood tense. 
"What's your name?" I asked.
"My name is Kei. What's yours?"
"Its Woohyun. I just wanted to ask because I'll probably be seeing you a lot," I excused. She smiled and passed me a curvy glass vase.
"Here. It's not much, but thank you for always being kind when you come in. Most of the people around are very rude, but you're a very nice guy," she laughed. I took it from her and thanked her. I think we may be getting closer...?

When I got home, I filled the vase with water and put the rose in. It was perfect. However, I had yet to know that within the next few weeks, I would not see her at the shop at all.

 

M&KAI


"You have to come to the lounge tonight Kei," Myungsoo said, as soon as I answered the phone.
"No, I'm not going to," I demanded, "I'm hanging u-"
"Someone's life is on the line."
"What are you talking about? Who?"
"If you come over, then you'll know. If not, he'll die tonight."  The line rang empty. Who was he talking about?

Kai POV

I got ready to be played as a hostage under L. I was actually one of his most loyal workers, but he wanted me to trick some girl he was interested in. I played along, and he promised me he wouldn't actually kill me... I believed him. 
The door flung open after quite some time. A girl with long brown hair and a nice face entered the office, panting as if she had ran here. So this was her?
"Him, he would have died if you didn't come," gestured L. I acted as if he forced me to stand up as he tossed me into the room next door.

"I missed you Kei," L said sarcastically as I listened in through the wall. She said nothing back.
"You were innocent and pure, just like I always wanted. Until you ran from me."
"Yes, I did run from you, but you should have known I'd never agree to what you wanted." It became silent from my side of the wall... Bang! Bang! I could hear 'Kei' curse in pain. I began worrying just a little... Was he beating her, a girl, up? What if she gets really hurt?

Later in the night, when L finally went to his other room to sleep, I snuck out to the office to see if she was okay. Through only the moonlight coming in from outside, I could see her back against the desk. Blood was apparent on her lips. She whimpered and turned her back to me as she helplessly crouched down on the ground. I bent down next to her... L is going to kill me if he sees me here.
"You're hurt," I commented, noticing her knees bruised till they were purple.
"It's nothing. Your the same as him, get away," she told me, emotionlessly. She moved around uncomfortably since her wrists had been chained to the desk. I watched her struggling. She was so helpless... I'll help you get out of here.
I brushed my gelled hair back and looked closer to her face to see if she had been awake. She seemed asleep. My hand wandered to her bloody lip and I began rubbing the blood off gently. She has nice pink lips...
No, I can't be thinking that right now. I have to get her out of here while the others are away. I unlocked the wristlets and rested her dead-like arms on her lap.
"Go," I whispered to her. I left her alone and went to sleep in the other room. I was sure shed be gone by sunrise, but she stayed, and got chained up again.


Woohyun POV-

I ran in infinite darkness from the falling rain that felt like a thousand needles. I came upon a road with a lighted bus stop and quickly ducked under for shade. The rain was cold and was coming down heavy. I waited several seconds before it lightened. There, across the street, was a girl bending down that looked much like Kei. I walked across the street to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She fell over with dark blood covering her chest. I looked at her face, and saw Kei's.
I awoke, panting, worried about Kei. That was a terrible dream. I miss her, what if she's not well right now?

As soon as I awoke the next morning, I got ready to go out to see Kei. Although it was only a dream, I was still worried if she was okay. A strange feeling told me something bad had happened.
When I arrived at the shop, all of the furniture and plants were gone. There were also tons of broken pots and flowers scattered everywhere. What happened here?
As days and days went by, I hadn't seen a single sight of Kei. I asked some of the local residents who lived next door if they had heard any kind of commotion.
"Yeah, there were always these guys that came around breaking everything in there. We called the cops once or twice but they thought we were pranking them. Then, about a week ago, they took all of the products some where, and I have a hunch they have her too. She hasn't been around for a while."
 I furrowed in puzzlement. It sounds like a private loan situation.
Another resident instructed I go see the only loaner in the area, some guy well known to go by the name of "L".


"What do you want?"


"I want to see L," I responded seriously to the guard. This was not good. I had come to this unfamiliar place, that was crawling with guys dressed in black who could easily land a punch or two. I didnt know exactly why, but I had to find out if Kei was alright. 
They let me in easily, and as soon as I entered, I caught sight of her tied to a large desk. Sitting at the large desk was him, L.


"What?" He questioned me. My eyes drifted to Kei who avoided my eye contact. She had a bloody cut on her lip and several red marks on her exposed shoulder. I made my hand into a fist, but held in my anger. I'd have to be smooth in this situation. 
"I have a deal to make."
"What the hell is it?" He cursed.
"I want her, and in return I'll give you anything you want."
"Look okay? I dont know who the hell you are. But basically, she tries escaping from here, and I smash everything in her shop because of a deal we made. The whole thing isnt even your business. I told you enough, now get out."
"You make deals, so make one with me," I persevered. I looked to Kei. L saw the way I looked to her,
"So it's about love?" 
Kei looked to me concerned. I smiled,"Yeah, something like that."
"Hmph. Then here is what I want. I'll say it once, and if you don't want to agree, we won't make the deal."
"Okay, what is it?"
"For her to come to me, every night," he lifted his chin. This couldn't possibly be reasonable for a deal... But what can I do? If I don't say yes, she might get hurt by him, or maybe something worse.
"There is no changing the deal if you agree to it," he informed me. I knew that already.
"Fine. It's a deal, now let her go," I gestured. Yet who was I to determine her fate or the way she spent her nights. I was just the polite guy who bought flowers from her.
"And if you think you can escape, or miss even a single night, my guards will find you and kill you. For now, since I'm a nice guy, we'll keep lending Kei money. But if you miss a night here, I'll destroy the whole shop." Sternly, I nodded. He untied the rope around her wrists and looked the other way.
Kei stumbled to her feet, and fixed her hiked shirt. I ran over and helped her stand. Her wrists had terribly deep rope burns and her knees were covered with bruises. How could he have done this? I bent down in front of her and tapped my back.
"Come on, Kei." She slowly climbed onto my back and wrapped her hands around my chest. 

KAI PART
I watched as she left with him. It seemed a piece of me left with them, and I felt empty. 

"Kai, follow them. Watch them and come back tomorrow. Go," he gestured. I nodded and smiled as I walked out. I didn't know why, but I was relieved to follow after them.