1/1

There Is A Place

   Sometimes unexpectedly, relationships come to an end. We couldn't stop drifting from each other or the inevitable end. All we could do is gaze at each other one last time with sadness in our hearts and the glistening tears in our eyes. I wish you the best and a future full of happiness. Our story has finally gained its ending and our debt to each other has been paid. 

   With life, there is a time and place for everything. I met you on that fateful day when you protected me from those bullies. You started us when you shyly kissed me during the silence of the night, away from preying eyes. You continued to build the foundation for us when you announced to the world pridefully, that I was yours and you were mine. 

   You picked me up when I was down. You held me when I was weak. You kissed me with such love in your eyes every time you saw me. You forgave me when I made mistakes. You were always there when I needed you. You completed me.

   As with everything that faces the unforgiving time, we changed. Our nights together soon became sparse. The beautiful kisses we once shared dwindled in numbers. The constant communication between us died down. It was like we never met or shared the love that made us both so happy for years.

   The night before you left me, we shared a teary gaze and I knew the end was nearing. I came home the next day to your belongings missing, a note saying goodbye and no you. You were gone. You erased yourself from me. There was no more us now. You took half of me with you. I know embedded somewhere in your very being is the love we once had but it wasn't strong enough in either of us to withstand the test of time as we once foolishly believed.

   As time passed, I moved on and found someone new to love. He takes care of me as you once did and the hole you left began to slowly close. There will always be a small gap that belongs only to you but I learned that we both had to move on from what we once shared.

   Even with that knowledge, I will always love you and wish you the best.... Wu Yi Fan.