RUBRIC

EUPHORIC WRITING CONTEST || NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES

WRITING

 

RUBRIC

RUBRIC

ENTRIES

TITLE: -/5 
+ in order to recieve maximum points, title must be original while also related to the story itself, either through symbolism, literary devices, or literal relation.

DESCRIPTION: -/10 
 + description will give a preview into the story that can hook readers in while also not giving away too much. foreword is included with this. if a prompt is used, it must be included.

PLOT: -/30
 + the plot is one that is fully developed and able to be followed. it's interesting and is original in its own way. the progression is just right and the events happen in a reasonable order.

CHARACTERIZATION: -/35
 + characters are realistic and have depth. all main characters have full personalities that are not flat. there is development in the main characters, you can tell which characters are the main focus and which are just side personalities. oc's are not mary-sue's/gary-stu's and are dynamic.

ORIGINALITY: -/10
 + the plotline is not something overly used or typically seen on aff. the plot is not predictable and involves elements either not commonly used together or not commonly found within fics.

JUDGE'S INTEREST: -/10
 + ONLY VALID IF YOU ARE NOT USING A PROMPT. how much the judge was interested in your fic. did it keep our attention? were we impressed with the direction you took? was it something memorable? did we just find it entertaining?

PROMPT USAGE: -/10
 + ONLY VALID IF YOU ARE USING A PROMPT. how well the prompt was used in the overall makeup of the story. was it used in an original way? was the direction taken something we hadn't anticipated? how did you bend it to work with you?


HOW TO EARN A LITTLE EXTRA: [aka how to get bonus points]


PLOT TWIST: -/1
 + there's an unforeseen plot twist that completely takes us by surprise.

IDOL ORIGINALITY: -/5
 + the idols you use do not fall into their stage "stereotype" (e.g onew just cares about chicken, chen is a troll, lay is forgetful or acts "high".). they are executed realistically but also not going completely out of the bounds of their humanity.

GENRE: -/1
 + you write something within the angst, scifi, thriller, horror genre and execute it well.

COMMENTS: -/2 [each]
 + you leave constructive criticism on someone else's contest entry, showing that you read it and have things they can improve upon or details you took note of that you enjoyed. [MAX 2]

IMAGE: -/3
 + there is a beautiful graphic, layout, or other eye catching decoration to your entry that does not completely wreck your fic so that we can't read it. (i would strongly advise you leave your fic plain to be quite honest, but if you put in that much effort you deserve to be rewarded)

IMAGERY: -/5
 + within your fic is descriptive imagery (either cryptic or symbolic) that is interesting and memorable. [this is truly up to the judges' own personal opinion keep that in mind.]

SPECIAL MENTION: -/1
 + you mention the contest somewhere in the description/foreword of your fic.

[more could be added later on. keep a lookout if you want extra points.]


TOTAL: 100 pts.
TOTAL EXTRA CREDIT POINTS: 20

[there will also be letter grades given out with each review, as each participant will be given the judges' review of the fic.]


PLACES:

FIRST: 
has the highest score overall. 
SECOND: has the second highest score overall.
THIRD: has the third highest score overall.
HONORABLE MENTION: up to two. fics that may not have shone in the categories to win in a place, but were memorable and deserved recognition (can also just be fourth place). prizes are undecided.

 

 

“ WITH THAT, GOOD LUCK TO YOU ”