THE PRESENT

All I Want For Christmas Is Her

Baekhyun sat down on Santa's lap at the mall. Yes, he was old. He was already 19 years old! What was he doing on Santa's lap a week before Christmas?

 

"Umm excuse me boy. Aren't you too old to be sitting on my lap? Hohoho..." Santa asked with a strange expression but still acting cheery around the little toddlers and children standing in line, waiting for their turn with their parents.

 

"Ne. I want to ask for something though," Baekhyun explained shortly.

 

"Mwo?" Santa wanted to get this over with. This kid was heavy.

 

"I want.. A girlfriend," Baekhyun responded. "A girlfriend who truly loves me for who I am."

 

"Mian kid. I can't get that for you," Santa informed. He whispered in Baekhyun's ear. "Don't you already know that Santa is not real? And I'm just here to make money. So get out already," he snarled.

 

"Whatever fatty." Baekhyun shot Santa a look of annoyance while sliding off his red pants. "GOMAWOYO SANTA!" Baekhyun threw his arms happily in the air and plastered a fake smile on his face to pretend his wish was granted, so the little kids would keep on believing Santa was real and would get the stuff they wanted. He left the mall and went home grumpily.

 

*           *            *

 

The days slowly passed until it was finally Christmas Eve, and Baekhyun sat down in his apartment he lived in by himself at the top floor. "Please.. I really want a girlfriend, Santa. Are you even out there?" It had been so long since Baekhyun had called out to Santa like that. He had been up for a couple of hours, so he became tired and fell asleep.

 

*           *            *

 

Baekhyun had woken up. No sounds came from anywhere. No presents under the tree. No girlfriend. "Santa... Why did you go to everyone but me?" Baekhyun looked out the window sadly. "I know you're not real... But still... I don't want to be single for life.." Actually, Baekhyun had dated before, but he had only received pain when realizing the girl had only used him to make her ex jealous to win him back. His second girlfriend had left him when she found out that he wanted a serious relationship. He had tried asking out a couple of girls he had interest in at his high school, but no luck. They had all thought he was strange and had a disliking towards him. No girl had ever confessed to him. Ever. How was he supposed to get married, have children, and build a future and a loving family? "I'm... lonely..." Baekhyun murmured to himself in sorrow. "Merry Christmas to me..." he whispered in despair.

 

*           *            *

 

It had been a six days since Christmas, and it was finally almost the start of a brand new year. He never got what he wished for. Why? Maybe it was because he was kind of mean? Like the time he made fun of Santa by calling him fat? Or when he punched the annoying kid named Sehun in the face at school three weeks ago? Or that one time he insulted the most popular queenka at his school in the cafeteria fat and ugly? Hey, she was not that pretty in his eyes! Why was she so overrated anyways? "Sorry everyone..." Baekhyun muttered in a not so remorseful way. It was 6:52 PM. "5 hours and 8 minutes left to go. Woohoo." Baekhyun rolled his eyes sarcastically and passed the time eating, or playing some computer games. "UGHHH I'm so bored!" Baekhyun groaned when it was 11:00 PM. He had simply run out of entertaining things to do. He the TV. His favorite show had been playing. It was the special New Year's episode from the year before, the one he didn't watch yet.

 

"Happy New Years," the main character girl smiled at her boyfriend.

 

"Great. I'm the only one who's not dating. Why me?" Baekhyun grumbled negatively.

 

"Happy New Years," the main character boy, the girl's boyfriend, leaned in for a kiss. It was very romantic, as there was fireworks and people around them were kissing their boyfriends or girlfriends. Or their husbands or wives.

 

"UGH!" Baekhyun yelled and threw his pillow that he was hugging at the TV. He turned off the TV. "What else can make me unhappy?" He lay down on his brown couch and stared off into space, falling asleep a while later.

 

*           *            *

 

Baekhyun's throat was extremely dry that he woke up because of his extremely rough coughing. He ran to the kitchen to fetch some water. He checked the clock on his wall. "Great. It's only 11:48. Why did I have to wake up right before New Years? THIS !" he yelled to himself. A rustling noise came from behind the tree, where the chimney was. "What was that?" he asked himself, surprised and a bit scared.

 

A coughing noise came from the area where the rustling noises were. "You really need to clean your chimney.." A girl who looked like she was 17 or 18 appeared, slightly dirty from the soot. She had a burgundy-reddish colored velvet bowtie tied around her neck, and she wore a glittery golden dress with a bowtie wrapped around her thin waist.

 

"Who are you?" Baekhyun asked, shocked. He took a closer look at her face. She was really pretty but cute at the same time.

 

"My name is Kim Taeyeon... I don't know how I got here... I fell asleep at my friend's party. And suddenly.. I was here," Taeyeon explained. "Who are you?" She tucked her brown-blonde hair neatly behind her ear when realized the boy she had just met was actually quite... attractive.

 

"I'm Byun Baekhyun!" he smiled, giving her a peace sign and a wink. Taeyeon didn't say anything but gave him a lopsided smile. He approached her closer and brought his hand to her chin, resting it there.

 

"I think my umma warned me to stay away from boys like you..." Taeyeon said warily.

 

"I was just wiping some dirt off your face," Baekhyun made up an excuse and cleaned off some of the soot with his fingers. "You know that you're really pretty?"

 

"Jinjja? Thanks," Taeyeon giggled and bit her lower lip bashfully. Her face turned red. "I think... You're really cute..." she said, twirling her hair nervously.

 

"Really? I happen to think that I am too," he smiled proudly and flexed his muscles that he didn't have. "I'm just kidding," he laughed. Taeyeon didn't say anything but just laughed. Baekhyun, staying quiet too, just grinned at her while she did the same back. "You know, I actually wished for something this Christmas. I didn't get it yet. But maybe I have.. Right now," he spoke, breaking the silence, which wasn't an awkward silence.

 

"What was it?" she asked.

 

"It was... Wait. I want to ask you a question first," Baekhyun stopped, and a huge smile spread across his face that he wasn't able to take off even with all his willpower.

 

"Yes?" Taeyeon was curious to know.

 

"Haha! You said yes! Nah, I'm just kidding. Well not yet, maybe. Will you be my girlfriend? That's what I was wishing for all along," Baekhyun told her.

 

"Oh. You wanted to ask that question to people? I see," Taeyeon replied.

 

"Wait what? I was asking you to be my girlfriend. I wanted a girlfriend, and I like you. So I asked you to be mine. Get it?" Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh at her obliviousness.

 

"Ahhhh. I see now. Well, we just met. But... I guess I did want a boyfriend... And I like you too. But if you do anything to me, I'll just call the cops," Taeyeon joked.

 

They both glanced at the clock. Ten seconds left till it was New Years. They started to count down with the clock. "Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Four... Three... Two... One... Happy New Years!" They both cheered and leaned in for a peck on the lips. Baekhyun didn't have to worry about getting a girlfriend now. He finally got one. One that seemed real, not a girl with a fake personality. One that was willing to trust him although they just met. Wrapping his arms around her thin, small body, he whispered in her ear, "You're mine now."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE ¯\_( ツ )_

This came out so much more different than I had expected. It sounded so much better in my head... OTL It's so cheesy!!! >_< But anyways, hope some of you Baekyeon fans out there kind of liked it. Gomawo for bearing through this whole story♡