002

Duets

--

a/n: I apologize that this update took forever to do.

 

----

 

It was a blow to his ego, his pride and his whole esteem. Of all people that could hurt him, it was his best friend. He threw the bottle of whiskey that he was holding and it hit the picture of him and his best friend, his ex-best friend, ex-lover and ex-bandmate.

 

He wanted to get away from this place, it brought too much pain and too much memories. He wanted to get out and live a life that was free of inhibitions, leaving the glts and glamour of show business. He took his keys and left, with nothing but his car keys and his wallet; not even bringing his cellphone or clothes.

 

He drove away from his apartment, away from Seoul and to a place he didn’t care just as long as he was far away.

 

The news had already broke, about the separation and disbandment, how the greatest Duo in Kpop are now going their separate ways.

 

International sensation and hallyu wave superstars Jonghyun and Key had called it splits, both in their careers and love life. Key of renowned duo group J.K. beats had officially announced the break up, reasoning out the difference in their career paths and Key finding love in Infinite’s leader and vocalist Woohyun…

 

Jonghyun shut the radion off with force as he stepped on the gas and sped away to a destination he wouldn’t even care where in the globe he’ll end up to. The drive took many hours, but Jonghyun did not care; all he wanted to know was how he could end up everything once and for all.

 

He found himself inside a bar, run duwn like the place he was in, a barren land amidst the dark night. He took a seat by the bar and ordered his fix of whisky and some shots of brandy. They tasted okay, not high class but still bitter like his soul. He focused downing glass after glass when he heard some piano leys being pressed and a cough to get the attention of the few people inside the bar.

 

Jonghyun narrowed his drunken eyes to see a man on a makeshift stage, sitting in front of his keyboard and smiling brightly like a sun out in a beautiful spring morning. He did not introduce himself and Jonghyun figured that it was a small town and the people here were regular patrons that introductions weren’t needed. The man pressed his keys and soon beautiful melody filled the place.

 

It brought back memories of how innocent he was to fall in love and how that bloomed into words and notes from his guitar. He felt tears fall down his eyes and that was not good, he wanted to forget and not remember what it felt like to be with the one you love. Because Jonghyun was hurt, and he would not be able to move on until he comprehended the reason why Key fell out of love.

 

“It was a game.” He remembered Key uttered on the night they broke up and Jonghyun was shattered, not because Key broke up, but because he was being played, while he had been genuine about his feelings.

 

Jonghyun shook his head and focused on the drink in his hands. He downed it quickly and ordered more, drowning his problems in alcohol that would bring him a splitting headache the next morning and an empty wallet but he doesn’t give a about it.

 

As the song ended, so as his vision and his face hit the bar with a thud. Pitch black darkness was a soothing change to his colorful but fake world.

Jonghyun opened his eyes and heard the familiar voice, now humming as he smelled the wonderful smell of eggs and some sausages. His head hurt now that he was awake and he would want to crawl back to sleep. But his mind and stomach were arguing and in the end, Jonghyun went to the kitchen to suppress the growling stomach that had won the battle.

 

“Oh you are awake, have a seat.” The man uttered, gesturing at the rickety old chair in front of the rickety old table. Jonghyun did not argue, he was on unknown shores and he doesn’t want any trouble at the moment.

 

When the male was done setting the table, he sat across Jonghyun and told him to eat breakfast. “I am Jinki by the way.” The male introduced himself.

 

“I’m Jonghyun.” Jonghyun replied softly.

 

“I know, I kind of took a peek at your wallet, paid the bar and dragged you here, you were out cold.” Jinki informed him. “I did not take more than what the bill declared, I promise.” Jinki quickly added and Jonghyun nodded, eating a piece of sausage and munching on it weakly.

 

“You could’ve left me in a hotel or something.” Jonghyun remarked and Jinki shook his head.

 

“Town’s too small to have hotels, we have nothing of that sort.” Jinki said. “Plus you are a celebrity, I don’t want to get you into some scandal.” Jinki said and munched on some eggs and rice.

 

“Like that would ruin my already ruined reputation.” Jonghyun uttered. “You have a good voice by the way.” Jonghyun added and Jinki was caught off guard about it. Jonghyun could swear Jinki’s cheeks were dusted pink before the lad looked down.

 

“Mine’s okay, yours is brilliant!” Jinki quickly replied, not wanting his guest to be suspicious of his blushing cheeks.

 

“Can you help me?” Jonghyun asked and Jinki wasn’t sure of what to reply to that statement.

 

“In what way?” Jinki asked back and Jonghyun sighed and turned to the windows by the kitchen sink, the sunlight gracefully peeking through the curtains.

 

“I want to find myself. Show business surely made me lose my identiy.” Jonghyun answered and Jinki smiled and nodded.

 

“Sure, I can help you.” Jinki smiled wide and Jonghyun felt his lips curve up slightly.

 

 

---

 

A/N: Short update I know..