001

Duets

 

 

The airport was crowded, tons of people were passing and he was already lost. In his defense, he was a foreign lad who was supposed to be fetched by his senior. He came to Korea to train under his senior who had been a successful lyricist in the foreign land. He was invited to train for a year, an opportunity he couldn't pass. But being left in the middle of Incheon International Airport wasn't part of the offer.

 

The poor Canadian wasn't fluent in Korean, lest for the basic greetings. The airport was huge and it was making him dizzy, the 12 hour flight from Canada wasn't helping either. He tried to ask for help, the concierge was thankfully fluent in English. He thanked the kind girl for teaching him directions but as soon as he stepped out of the building, he was lost once again.

 

He looked like he was about to cry which in all honesty he would do when his senuor won't fetch him in the next 10 minutes.

 

"You seemed lost." A voice caught his attention and soon he looked up to see a beautiful man. 

 

"You know english sir?" He inquired and the man smiled.

 

"Yes, so are you lost?" He asked again and the younger nodded.

 

"Yes, I am lost and my senior seemed to have forgotten that I will come today." He honestly said while he adjusted the violin case on his shoulder.

 

"Hmm, will you trust me?" The man asked and the boy nodded.

 

"I have no other choice, I am Henry sir." He introduced himself.

 

"My manners, I am Ryeowook and where are you heading?" The older asked and Henry took out his phone and searched for a certain message from his faceboom.

 

"It says here, gongsu ampartment complex." Henry said and Ryeowook nodded. 

 

"I'm going to pass that area, I'll drive you there Henry." Ryeoowook said and flashed him a smile.

 

"Really? Thank you very much sir." Henry bowed and Ryeowook chuckled.

 

"Please call me by my name and do not sound too formal. This way." He said as he pulled his suitcase towards the parking lot.

 

"How can I repay you Ryeowook, can I call you Wook instead?" He asked and Rywowook nodded.

 

"Sure, I guess the language must be hard on your tongue. I see that you play the violin, why not play for me?" Ryeowook asked as he opened the trunk of his car. 

 

"Sure but I am a bit rusty." Henry said as he loaded his luggage in the trunk.

 

"Still, being able to play is something to brag about." Ryeowook commented and Henry smiled at him

 

"Thank you." Henry said and Ryeowook smiled at him and revved the engine.

 

The drive was calm and Henry was modest enough to not question his savior. But Ryeowook broke the ice and Henry was more than happy to oblige. "You came here to study?" He asked and Henry shook his head.

 

"I graduated already, I am to train under my senior." Henry replied.

 

"Wow, you don't look like you are a little more than sixteen." Ryeowook commented and Henry thanked him.

 

"I get that often. I am 20 to be honest." Henry replied and Ryeowook nodded.

 

"This senior of yours, is he a singer?" Be inquired.

 

"He's a lyricist. He said that he'll introduce me to a composer I could work with, I dream to compose my own songs in the future." Henry replied.

 

"Wow awesome dream." Ryeowook remarked then parked at a cafe. "I need to greet someone, come with me, they serve good coffee." Ryeowook said and Henry nodded.

 

Theu entered the cafe and an elder lady greeted him. Ryeowook greeted her and and soon he was wrapped in an embrace.

 

"Been a while wookie, and who is this cutie?" She inquired using her native Korean and Henry flashed a smile.

 

"He's Henry, I am helping him since he was lost in the airport earlier and he doesn't understand Korean, poor boy" Ryeowook replied in Korean and sure enough, Henry hadn't understood a thing.

 

"Ah, I'll fix up something, have a seat." She said and Ryeowook nodded and then led Henry towards a booth.

 

Henry's phone rang, the tune of one of Yiruma's revered piece filled the cafe and Ryeowook smiled hearing such beautiful music. Henry answered the phone and Ryeowook tuned out to give the boy his privacy.

 

"We're in Kona Beans Henry." Ryeowook said in English and Henry relayed this information to his senior on the other line.

 

Henry finished his phone call and sat across Ryeowook, thanking him for his help. "My senior would come here, I guess I should wait for him." Henry said and Ryeowook smiled at him.

 

"Well I guess that would be fitting." Ryeowook uttered and Henry had an idea.

 

"Can I get your number? I would still need to play for you." Henry asked and Ryeowook laughed then nodded, taking Henry's phone and typing his number. "Thanks!" Henry chirped and that was adorable.

 

Their drinks were severed to them a minute later and soon the two fwll into a conversation about music and instruments. 

 

"Henry?" A voice called out and Henry excused himself to meet his senior. Ryeowook knew that voice and when he turned to see the spurce of it, he wanted to dig a hole.

 

"Zhoumi ge, this is Ryeowook, he helped me earlier." Henry happily said but Zhoumi was gaping.

 

"Oh my Wookie!" Zhoumi exclaimed excitedly and Ryeowook could only wave.

 

"You know him ge?" Henry asked and Zhoumi nodded.

 

"Of course Henry, he is the composer I am refering to; the prodigy Ryeowook." Zhoumi informed the Canadian.

 

"Don't be so grand, i am not a prodigy." Ryeowook remarked and Henry was gaping.

 

"I am sorry for being disrespectful sunbae." Henry quickly bowed.

 

"Oh don't worry about it, but I am afraid I do not compose anymore." Ryeowook said.

 

"Nonsense!" Zhoumi butted in. "Now, you have a promise to keep and Kuixian would never take no for an answer." Zhou mi uttered and Ryeowook sighed.

 

"Am I missing something?" Henry asked and Zhoumi grinned at him.

 

"Henry, meet your mentor, Kim Ryeowook." Zhoumi announced and Henry quickly bowed.

 

"It's an honor to be trained by you Ryeowook sunbae." He said and Ryeowook just sighed.

 

....

 

A/N: well first chapter is about henwook.. so next chapter will be....

 

 

^^