Chapter 4

Time to Pull Out the Cameras
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The glow of the night sky was replaced by the sun, bringing the flashing lights of the street to a faded state. Pedestrians flooded the streets below on their daily commute, some heading to the subway and others into taxi cabs. It had rained for a short half an hour the night before and showered the sidewalks with puddles, but people merely ignored the wet areas and stepped around them. The work day, in the simplest terms, was just normal and monotonous; nothing changed at all. However, someone with no concept of the city would be surprised at the large buzz in the streets and wonder how many busy lives wandered each morning, as a sky view of the traffic made it out to be a complex labyrinth.

Taehyun woke up to this setting with a dull sense of his surroundings. His mind was blurred with haphazard thoughts, the sun was flowing in at his eyes, and coldness struck at him - every factor to distract him from realizing where he was. Instead of immediately being startled by his environment, he was more concerned with the ache of his body and the sour taste that was in his mouth. He was definitely familiar with the feel of the morning work days, though; nothing about that noise confused him. But there was something clearly unfamiliar about this room he was in. He abruptly sneezed to interrupt that thought, forgetting that his blanket could only cover so much, and rubbed his face into the pillow.

For a few moments, he had lost track of what had happened yesterday - that is, until the soft sound of snoring floated through the air. At that point, he remembered that he was sharing a room with another man and turned his attention towards the ceiling. Memories of dinner, cameras, and a sleeping Jinwoo rose to mind at once. After a few blinks, Taehyun broke out of his confusion and leisurely raised himself into a sitting position. This wasn't a normal day where he would tiredly wake up and drag himself to work. For once, Taehyun had strayed from his job and indulged in a little defiance.

Tossing the blanket away from him, Taehyun rubbed his eyes and peered over the side of the bed. As expected, Seungyoon was violently snoring and deep in his sleep, occasionally wriggling around the bed with his blankets. He was a bit taken aback by the sight but laughed to himself automatically, entertained at the thought of a celebrity shattering a well-built image with just a snore. In some way, he pitied them all.

However, now was not the time to worry about his work life, he reminded himself. The reality was that he had somehow ended up in the room of a superstar with an abnormal trust in strangers. And although he felt like a complete intruder in foreign territory, Taehyun accepted it and focused on his simple, daily routine. He was going to enjoy this break to its fullest potential, delaying the thought of having to actually go do his job. He simply felt that he was in a comfortable state of peace that nothing could interrupt.

Taehyun put a bright smile on his face and charged outside the door, aiming to join the relentless crowd outside.

~~~

Seungyoon woke up to the aroma of fresh food. He had wiped the drool off of his chin and cautiously glanced around, also in a similar groggy state.

"What's going on here?" he questioned aloud.

"Just finishing some food for you," the voice called out.

Seungyoon stumbled into the kitchen, taking a seat at the dining table. He eyed the morning chef with profound admiration. "Isn't this crossing the line for you?"

"I slept in your room. I doubt that cooking for you is harsher," Taehyun nonchalantly said. He continued to fry the eggs in front of him in peace, finding that he was so fed up with work that he could care less about the rules and "ethics". This guy was nice, anyways - overbearingly nice to the point where it seemed like a crushing weight. Nevertheless, it did not hurt to be an actually decent human being from time to time. If only they had met under more normal circumstances.

"What do you got for me?" Seungyoon giddily said.

"Just a continental breakfast from your chef Taehyun," he smiled, piling the eggs onto the plate of bacon and buttered toast.

"Did you eat already?"

"Yeah I grabbed something while I went grocery shopping."

"That's nice," he nodded, trying to speak in between bites.

"It's good, right?" Taehyun beamed with confidence.

"Of course it is. Thank you so much - I never get this much of a breakfast!"

Taehyun just laughed and took a seat in front of Seungyoon, watching him practically inhale the food like air. It was only fair that he paid back yesterday's food with today's food; this way, everyone's stomachs were filled and everyone benefitted. He happily sighed, sitting in the sunlit kitchen. From his view of the window, the day was shaking off its water-ridden self and emitting the warmth of a summer (it was only spring, of course). And in this manner, he felt content and satisfied, his mind prolonging the tortures of picture quotas and scandalous details that were needed at his workplace. All of that stress could wait for later.

As the remains of the breakfast were vacuumed off the plate, Seungyoon smirked at Taehyun delightfully. "Why don't we head out and do something?" he suggested.

"Sure. Where do you want to go?"

"I have a place in mind. Let's just go right after I get ready," he stated, gesturing at his dirty pajamas.

"Alright just get in the shower and I'll do clean up," Taehyun offered. "And hurry, I don't like waiting."

Cheekily, Seungyoon dashed around to the dresser and sped into the bathroom. Taehyun, living up to his offer, quickly swept over the table with a washcloth and scrubbed Seungyoon's plate and utensils clean. Hearing the shower water running in the bathroom, Taehyun leisurely washed the rest of the items and sat back down in the chair. With the continuous sound of the water in the back of his mind, he wondered what Seungyoon looked like at the moment... and then he blinked hard and told himself to remove his mind from such racy thoughts.

Instead of daydreaming, Taehyun got up and fished for his phone in his pocket. As tempting as it was to let every family member and every friend know that he slept in the same room as a star, he only opened up his messages to text Jinwoo. He was not obligated to report to Jinwoo at all times, but this time he felt like letting the other be aware. Taehyun quickly sent a text saying that he would be out for a while with someone and that Jinwoo should expect him to come back to the room soon. After that message sent, he followed up with a different vile text, something along the lines of 'How could you not hear the sound of your own phone next to you? Are you deaf?’

"Taehyun! Grab me a towel from the closet!" Seungyoon's voice yelled from the bathroom. Taehyun looked up from his phone and ran to grab the mentioned towel. He walked over to the bathroom, spotting the lone hand stuck through the partially opened door. Giggling, he handed the item over to Seungyoon and watched the door shut.

A few minutes later, Seungyoon popped out of the bathroom wearing a black T-shirt and jeans. He then headed to the closet to put on his leather jacket and a mask that covered nose-to-chin. Once he got his "ordinary guy" outfit together, he beckoned Taehyun to follow. "Let's go," he said in excitement, closing the room door behind him. Taehyun immediately got up and exited the room as well - he was in the mood for some relaxation time.

After exiting the hotel doors, the men had walked a great amount of distance through the streets. Even though he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter