Chapter 3

Time to Pull Out the Cameras
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hmm..." Taehyun wondered to himself. Now he finally had the opportunity to escape and get his job completed, though something convinced him to stay. He found himself not wanting to leave - at least not yet. Unlike all of the other celebrities he had already observed in the past, Seungyoon presented something different. The man openly acknowledged his defeat, but didn't do anything particularly offensive or threatening. He did quite the opposite of Taehyun's expectations.

Still uncertain of his decision of to stay or to go, Taehyun picked up his phone from the nearby bed stand. Seungyoon had placed it there earlier to keep it out of his reach, though he never bothered to go through it. But maybe it was a good thing that he didn't go through it, because Taehyun had forgotten to put a passcode lock on it for the day. He could have just erased some of the photos, and the whole matter would have been dismantled. The coincidences just kept piling up.

Taehyun quickly went to his contacts list and called the first person who came to mind. "Hey! Where are you?" the voice on the other end immediately replied.

"I'm right by the hotel, or the other one to be more specific."

"What does that mean? I've been calling you nonstop for the last few hours and you haven't replied. Did something bad happen?"

 Taehyun shook his head out of irritation at his friend. "Did you not see me while we were out there, Jinwoo? I was being dragged away! I even tried to send you the secret signal," he complained.

"Well in my defense, I kind of got distracted and lost you. There were tons of people on the street at that time of day so I could barely see anything. I got bumped into by one person, and all of the sudden I lost all sense of my surroundings," Jinwoo whined.

"Okay then, I'll let it go. But all you have to know is that I'm fine and close to you," Taehyun reassured.

"That's good then," he replied out of relief. "But why call?"

"I'm just curious on how long our room is paid for, so I know when we can both leave," the man asked, trying to be as subtle as possible with his question.

"You already know that we can leave whenever we have enough pictures, so why ask? Are you planning on staying longer than we need to?" Suspicion had begun to tug at Jinwoo's head.

"You could say that," Taehyun vaguely answered.

That last phrase made Jinwoo raise an eyebrow. But although he was puzzled at the broad information Taehyun gave him, he decided to waive his curiosity aside and let Taehyun be. "Umm let's see...apparently we have two nights for this room. And assuming our company is as super nosy as usual, Seungyoon probably also has two nights for his room, too," Jinwoo informed him.

"Only two nights?"

"Yeah. I mean, this guy got smart and closed his curtains, which means that it'll take some patience for us to finally catch him anyways. I think two days should be more than enough for us to get the shots that we missed. If that's what you're thinking about, Taehyun," he smirked, somewhat aware that Taehyun wasn't asking for this because of their job.

"Of course that's what I'm thinking about. Now worry about yourself and let me do my job; I have this all covered. In fact, you can probably just relax and take a well-deserved nap," Taehyun offered.

"You sure?"

"Definitely."

"Okay, if you insist. But don't get into too much trouble with this job, alright?" Jinwoo added, still having a bit of curiosity for Taehyun's solo mission.

"I promise I won't, but thank you Jinwoo. I'll at least see you back before we have to leave so you don't have to worry about me."

"Mm-hmm. Stay safe."

Taehyun hung up the phone and tossed into the corner of the bed. He was already able to tell that Jinwoo was starting to get suspicious of his actions; however he didn't think that it really mattered. Jinwoo knew when to back out of Taehyun's business, so he was definitely safe from any prying. He just needed that call to let Jinwoo know of his safety and to figure out how long he could stay with Seungyoon. If he was planning to stay with Seungyoon then it'd be best for him to...

Wait, Taehyun suddenly stopped, bringing an abrupt end to his train of thought. He just realized that he was starting to schedule out his time with Seungyoon as if he wanted to treasure it all. What a bizarre thought. "Hmm..." he spoke to himself in confusion. Taehyun decided to settle down for the time being and heaved himself onto the bed. He annoyingly buried his face into a pillow. It seemed that he would be staying anyways despite the weirdness of it all. Taehyun hoped that he wouldn't have to regret his decision and slightly closed his eyes, unaware that sleep was starting to take over his body.

~~~

"Hello? Anyone there?" The returning star entered his hotel room, unsure of whether there was someone present in the room or not. Seungyoon really did buy extra food as he had promised, and he was secretly hoping that the other person was still there to share it with.

He flicked the light on and scanned over the place,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter