Two

"ALMOST"

years later after that incident…

 

“Daddy, hurry up.” The girl said rushing to get off the car holding something.

“Eh, be careful and wait for me.” Taehyung said as he got off the driver’s seat.

“Are we going to visit her again?” the little girl about five years old asked him.

“Yes dear, are you excited?” Taehyung then ruffled the girl’s hair.

“Of course. I’m sure she missed us dad, doesn’t she?!” the girl said with her adorable eye smile.

They entered the building; the staff and workers greeted and guided them.

The staff opened the door. The room revealed a woman in white hospital gown, pale skin and emotionless blank eyes.

She stood near the window looking outside.

 

[SHORT FLASHBACK]

-Senna miraculously survived that 60 feet fall.

But unfortunately it made a serious injury to her brain.

A part of it was affected badly that disabled her brain cells to function well.

And even some of her senses were affected, she can’t speak.

She has undergone Emotional Counseling and is into recovery.

-Taehyung married his girlfriend and they had a daughter.

 

Taehyung knocked at the door and she faced them, blankly.

“Hi Senna.” Taehyung said and gestured his daughter to greet Senna.

The little girl ran to Senna with a grin and hugged her; Senna ruffled her hair in response.

“I brought you something Auntie… guess what…” the girl held out something she has been carrying.

“It’s your favorite. Sunflowers!” she happily gave it to Senna.

She sat on her bed and pulled a pen and paper and wrote something. She gave it to the girl and smiled.

The little girl was telling her stories and latest news. Just then Taehyung entered the room with the nurse.

“It’s time to go home. And aunt Senna needs to take her medicines and rest.” Taehyung said.

The girl smiled and hugged Senna. She stood up and bowed at Taehyung.

He smiled and patted Senna’s back and said, “Get well soon.” He and his daughter left the room.

As they were walking the girl handed Taehyung the letter Senna wrote, he opened it. It said:

 

Taehyung,

 

Thank you for visiting me with your daughter. I am really grateful for that.

Thank you for still caring for me. And for your wife who had been kind and understanding.

Thank you for being kind to me even though what had happen. Thank you for forgetting the past.

Thank you for making me realize things, and for being a bridge in renovating my crooked views in life

I promise to get well soon and renew my life. I will not be the Senna who is sad and bad.

I will be a good person like you so I can also find my better half too.

I’ll do my best to change for the better. Thank you Taehyung.

 

P.S.       

And thank you for naming your daughter after me.

I’ll be a good Aunt for her.

Thank you for imparting me ‘Little Senna’.

Senna

 

 

A tear slipped down from Taehyung’s eyes as he closed the letter.

He satisfyingly smiled knowing that Senna is moving on and is getting better.

He knew himself that he is proud of what progress Senna is having.

He never regretted helping her and knowing her.

 

He held his daughter’s hand and drove home.