sunggyu/myungsoo

sanctuary « a drabbles dump »

 

This is not supposed to end like this.

Sunggyu shouldn’t be here, staring at Myungsoo’s eyes, mad at himself and the world. He wants to cry—but he can’t. He doesn’t have any capability to cry,  he doesn’t have a right to cry. He is the cause of all of this, he doesn’t have a right to cry. He is the reason why Myungsoo is dying now.

Myungsoo shouldn’t be here, laying inside a wrecked car with open wounds, his face covered by blood and his eyes staring at Sunggyu with hurt and betrayal.

Everything is not supposed to be this complicated.

He is only told to get close to Myungsoo to gain informations and get the location of an important key, a key Sunggyu doesn’t even know the importance of. It is a much more simple plan than the plans Sunggyu usually does, he is supposed to do well. After he has the informations his bosses needed, he is supposed to leave everything and Myungsoo, let the boy forget that Sunggyu ever exists in his life. He is not supposed to not be able to do that.

Sunggyu’s hand reached inside the car, taking the key that Myungsoo has tried to run away with, laying not far from Myungsoo. Myungsoo doesn’t say anything—probably doesn’t have the strength to—but Sunggyu can feel Myungsoo’s eyes following his moves. He only needs to do this, his bosses promises him that if he does this, Myungsoo still can be saved, that they will send help for Myungsoo soon, that they won’t harm Myungsoo anymore.

Everything has gone awry when his bosses somehow find out that he is hesitating to do his job, that he likes Myungsoo much more than he should be. He is not supposed to like Myungsoo at all. His identity got revealed, making their relationship shatter and Myungsoo gets harmed. If only Sunggyu does his job right, Myungsoo will be still safe.

“I’m sorry.” Sunggyu says, his hand now touching Myungsoo’s face, wiping the blood on his cheeks. Myungsoo just closes his eyes, still not saying anything and starting to lose consciousness. He shouldn’t be here for a long time, so he lets go of Myungsoo’s face and then turns back. It’s over now, he just can pray that Myungsoo will survive, that someone will come and save him. He holds the key tightly and he realized that this will be his last job. He can’t do this anymore.

He walks away as fast as he can, trying hard not to look back. It’s over now, he can go back to be a normal person with a normal job.

He stops walking when he hears a loud explosion. He automatically turns back, shocked out of his witz. His eyes widen when he sees the car—Myungsoo’s car—on fire. With Myungsoo in it. He freezes and the key he is holding drops—

—it’s not over.