sunggyu/myungsoo

sanctuary « a drabbles dump »

1. Prompt 16 - Alpha/Omega Verse - Angst

Sunggyu has been observing Myungsoo for hours, watching his every move and how he acts around Sunggyu. Something was bothering his mate and Sunggyu has a feeling that that ‘something’ is related to him since Myungsoo has been avoiding him all day. Sunggyu wonders if he did something wrong, but he can’t remember doing anything wrong at all. It’s awkward, there are only two of them in the house and Myungsoo doesn’t seem to want to face Sunggyu all day. He was okay in the morning, but after Sunggyu got home, Myungsoo seems weirder than usual.

"Myungsoo-yah, is there anything wrong?" he asks casually, once Myungsoo finally sits not so far away from him. They are having dinner together, and Sunggyu should know that even though Myungsoo is avoiding him, he won’t avoid dinner.

"Huh? There is nothing wrong." Myungsoo answers, still not looking at Sunggyu and eyes fixated on the dinner table instead.

"Really? You know I can tell if you’re lying, right?"

For Sunggyu, Myungsoo is always easy to read. It probably helps that Myungsoo is not good at lying anyway.

Myungsoo sighs and finally looks at Sunggyu. There is sadness in his eyes and Sunggyu hates it. He hates it even more that he can’t take a guess on what makes Myungsoo sad. He feels like a bad mate.

"I did a pregnancy test this morning." Myungsoo finally says, in a tiny voice that Sunggyu doesn’t expect. He also doesn’t expect that answer. Because why would Myungsoo do a pregnancy test?

"Myungsoo, you can’t

"I know. I can’t get pregnant. I don’t know why I am being like this."

Sunggyu gets silent, unable to answer. He suddenly feels really guilty. It’s not his fault that Myungsoo, unlike other omegas, can’t bear a child. But still, he feels really guilty for feeling kind of relieved when he found out about that, especially since Myungsoo was absolutely devastated. No, Myungsoo is still devastated about that. Sometimes Sunggyu finds him almost cry whenever he sees other couples with kids.

The thing is, while Myungsoo wants to have a lot of children, Sunggyu doesn’t want to have any kids. He has decided that he doesn’t want to have any kids since a long time ago. He can’t deal with children.

AndSunggyu is selfish. Their first big fight as a couple was about children. That time, Myungsoo decided that even if he can’t get pregnant, they still should try to adopt and Sunggyu turned down the idea heartlessly. Even Sunggyu admitted, that he was heartless at that time because he was not in love with Myungsoo as much as he is now. He made Myungsoo cried for days and he hated himself for that. The fight is never resolved.

Sunggyu doesn’t feel ready to have kids, he probably won’t feel ready at all. Sometimes he also feels scared to actually have a full family. Taking care of a family feels like too much of a responsibility.

But Sunggyu wonders…..if he should sacrifice for Myungsoo. He suddenly realizes, that he has been selfish for far too long. Myungsoo is always ready to sacrifice anything for Sunggyu and maybe it’s time for Sunggyu to do the same.

Maybe.

"It’s okay, we can still adopt even if you can’t bear a child." Sunggyu tries to say that in a casual voice, but it still sounds awkward. But Myungsoo finally lights up, the sadness in his eyes changes into hopefulness.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

Sunggyu swears, the smile that shows up on Myungsoo’s face after that is the most beautiful smile he ever seen.

 

 

 

2. Prompt 4 - Fluff

To say that Myungsoo is nervous is an understatement. Myungsoo is dying and he just wants to run away because he really, really doesn’t know what to do. Sure, he has dreamed about going out with Sunggyu for a long time, but he doesn’t realize that he will be this nervous. On top of that, this is probably the first time he goes on a date with someone. A date. Myungsoo doesn’t think that this is really a date since he and Sunggyu just agrees to spend New Year Eve with each other because they don’t have anyone else to spend it with. But Sungyeol said—while he himself was preparing for a date with god knows who—that it’s definitely a date.

Just thinking of all of this as a date is making him blush. Myungsoo was pretty sure he knows what to do on a date, in the romantic mangas and manhwas he reads there is always a ‘going on a date’ chapter. But turns out, it’s not easy. Myungsoo really doesn’t know what to do other than sitting awkwardly beside Sunggyu.

They are waiting for the fireworks, sitting on a bench with a lot of couples around them being chummy with each other while both he and Sunggyu sits and do nothing, both seem to be frozen in their position. That is, until Sunggyu suddenly holds Myungsoo’s hand, startling him and then makes him him blush even more. Myungsoo hopes that his cheeks are not as red as a tomato right now. Or even if they are red, he hopes Sunggyu won’t notice that. Maybe he should bury his face in his scarf.

"You’re really handsome tonight." Sunggyu says, but he isn’t even looking at Myungsoo. His eyes are fixated on the sky. But still, Myungsoo’s heart skips a beat.

"You’re really handsome too, Hyung."

Myungsoo really means it, really.

"And you’re the nicest person I know……..other than Dongwoo."

Huh?

"You’re nice too…"

Sometimes.

Myungsoo turns his head to look at Sunggyu, giving the older man a confused look. He doesn’t understand what Sunggyu’s trying to say or do.

"And…….AH I CAN’T DO THIS!" Sunggyu yells, letting go of Myungsoo’s hand and then bury his head in his hands, suddenly looking very ashamed. Now, Myungsoo is even more confused that he already is. This never happens in any manga or manhwa he reads.

"What’s wrong? Hyung, are you okay?"

Sunggyu is having a meltdown.

"I am flirting with you…well, I am trying to flirt with you, but no I can’t do this." Sunggyu says, voice muffled. He lifts his head again and finally looks at Myungsoo ruefully.

Myungsoo lets out a little laugh. Well, he feels shier that usual after Sunggyu admits that and he is pretty sure he is redder now, but he can’t help but laugh at that. Especially since Myungsoo finally realizes that Sunggyu is probably as nervous as he is. Honestly, Myungsoo can’t imagine Sunggyu will actually try to flirt with anyone, so it’s heartwarming that Sunggyu tries to do that with him.

"Don’t laugh at me." Sunggyu moans while hitting Myungsoo lightly.

"Sorry…" Myungsoo says while trying to calm his laughter, "You don’t need to flirt with me, Hyung. I love you already."

Suddenly, it feels so easy to finally says that even though that comes out unexpectedly. Myungsoo has never been this frank so after several seconds, he feels really embarrassed and now it’s his turn again to look away from Sunggyu, unable to look at Sunggyu’s shocked face.

"You…love me?"

Myungsoo bows down his head, and answers, “…..yes.”

Suddenly, Sunggyu’s hand is on his chin and he makes Myungsoo faces him. Sunggyu doesn’t look shocked or embarrassed anymore. Instead, he looks determined. They are both silent for a while, doesn’t say anything while looking at each other’s eyes.

And then, Sunggyu kisses Myungsoo. On the lips. It is so sudden that Myungsoo doesn’t have time to register that Sunggyu is kissing him, needing a while to process anything before he finally closes his eyes and then kisses Sunggyu back. They kiss for a while, enjoying each other’s lips and how they taste in each other’s mouth, before finally separating themselves after one of them realizes that they are actually in public.

This must be a dream, Myungsoo thinks, after they finish kissing. Both his hands touch his cheeks and then slap them lightly in case that this is really a dream. But no, Sunggyu is still in front of him, smiling at him with the lovely smile Myungsoo will always love.

"I love you, too."

The fireworks start to burn and Myungsoo starts to melt.