Fireworks

His Last Goodbye: 2015

Please listen to this while reading :D I don't know if it applies to you,but I re-read the one shot while listening to this,and it has more feelz :) anyway,enjoy!

 


 

Chaerin's P.O.V


[FLASHBACK] November 28th,2014

'' I told you cheer was a bad idea,our baby girl would hurt herself one day. Look!'' my father pointed at my leg, which was covered in a cast. I furrowed her eyebrows at my father,he crossed his arms together and looked over at my mother,who was sitting at the bed next to hers. I had her own room,it came with a bunch of medical equipments,a toilet,a cupboard,tables,chairs,a TV,basic needs for a patient.

'' It's just a minor fracture.'' my mom stated. '' Yeah.'' I seconded to my mother's statement.

'' 6 weeks and I'll be out of here!'' 

'' You wish! It purely depends on how fast your body is going to heal that.'' my father pointed at my leg. '' Told you not to enroll her in that cheer,come one I can cheer too.'' he then started doing some weird alphabet dance and ended with a smile,mom and I weren't amused though. '' Not even a clap?'' 

'' I've passed on my cheer blood to my dear daughter,you should be proud!'' 

'' Yeah and it got her hospitalised!'' 

'' Argh I'm going to sleep,you should rest too.'' I covered herself in the blanket and closed my eyes,I heared my parents goodbyes and the doors closing. Then,I shifted her body towards the table next to me and reached for the remote,turning on the TV.

'' Thanks to that idiot,I'm stuck here.'' I said to myself as I recall the base who didn't catch me on time. I'm not even fat,how could he not catch me? ''You better heal faster,I want to get out of here as soon as possible. '' I told my leg and switched my attention to the TV.

 


There was this boy who barged into my room excitedly on the second day of my stay in the hospital. I ain't gonna deny it,he has a cute innocent face and seeing that smile of his made me smile along automatically. He was dressed in the hospital clothes,just like me,but it seemed different on him. It made him look like a kid who got lost in the hospital,it gave off a friendly aura that I made me suspicious all of a sudden. What's he doing here?

'' Good morning neighbour!'' he waved at me,I didn't hesitate to wave back,only to find him more cute from his actions. '' Hello,my name is Jiyong and I like to make friends.'' he reached forward to my hand and shook it gently while waiting for a response from me. This guys is a good boy,alright I won't act like a then.

'' I'm I'd like to go home.'' I smiled and shook his hand back with a small smile on my face,hoping he would go away because I really didn't want to talk to anyone. '' Why is that so,lovely miss?'' he asked.

I blushed slightly at his comment,then answering him. '' I need to practise,championship's coming soon and I need to be there. I can't miss it.'' I mumbled it out too loud,Jiyong caught me and asked. '' What championship?'','' Cheer championship.'' I answered him. '' Wow this hospital imports many cheerleaders,fascinating! Is this some cheer hospital or something?'' 

'' He is interesting.'' I told myself.

That's when our friendship started.

 


December 12th,2014

'' Good morning,dragon boy.'' I greeted him as he stepped inside of my room with his hands behind his back. He had a basic black beanie hat on his head today. I took a peek,wondering what he brought this time,but he noticed my gaze and had his back against the wall,making sure I wouldn't have a chance to see his ''surprise''.  First he brought some of my favorite sweet,which coincidentally was his favorite sweet too. He then gave me a personal tour around the hospital,although I didn't enjoy being in a wheelchair,heck even being in this damn building,he had another aura that made you not want to pick on him. So I appreciated his efforts and followed on on his tour. On our tour. 

'' You still have to stay on the wheelchair,don't you?'' 

'' Yippie,can't wait to get on it.'' I said sarcastically. He let out a chuckle and took a chair,positioning it beside my bed. He then opened his closed palms and revealed a little tortoise,it was as small as a strawberry. I tap my finger lightly on it's shell,only to see it return back into it's shell. I let out a soft sigh,I'm not animal friendly,am I? A monkey pulled down my pants when I was little,a cat doing crazy at the sight of me,birds chirping angirly as if scolding me when I went to the zoo,and now a tortoise afraid of me. '' Don't worry,he's shy. I'm sure he'll like you.'' Jiyong stated,as if he had read my mind. 

'' What's it's name?'' 

'' Chaeyong.'' 

'' You like Han Chaeyoung? Me too! Have you wa-'' 

'' Chae comes from your name,Chaerin. And yong comes from my name,Jiyong. This is our Chaeyong.'' 


 


December 25th,2014 
Christmas Day

'' Wakey wakey Ms. Cheerin!'' Jiyong knocked my door and opened it before I could respond. '' Merry Christmas!'' he said as I reached over to grab his present and gave it to him in which he thanked me with his smile. I told my mom to help get me his present and a wrapper and had the present wrapped last night. '' Now where's my Christmas present?'' I asked as I stood on my legs with the help of the crutches the hospital provided. It was a challenge using the crutches as I wasn't use to it,but practise makes perfect. '' I'll give it to you later.'' he said. '' Eat more dude. You're getting skinnier.'' I said.

I know,I wanted to get out of the hospital as soon as possible,but now I just want to stay. Because of Jiyong,my views on the hospital had gradually changed. I always looked at the hospital like it was some place where you'd die. I never liked the aura of sick people,I never liked seeing people suffer inside,but when Jiyong came,he had a glint of hope.

He was like an angel sent from heaven,today he brought me to his so called ''secret hideout''. We had to pass by many rooms,he went in and handed each patient a candy cane stick. A gloomy face was then replaced by a joyful smile,there was a sign of hope in their eyes now. It surprised me at how he could make them feel alive once again with just his smile,washing away their thoughts of leaving this world,their loved ones. It was amazing. I would just smile along too, but his smile stood out more.

After quite a while of visiting and walking,we finally took the lift to the rooftop. Rooftop? What so nice about a hospital's rooftop? I was wrong when I stepped out of the lift,it was beautiful. It was a beautiful garden with various types of flowers,the crops were all cut neatly and there was a white bench surrounded by flowers,a shade was on top too. 

'' Like what you see,Cheerin?'' 

'' Stop calling me that.'' 

'' Why not? I like calling you that.'' my cheeks instantly became tomato red,he caught a glimpse of my cheeks and grinned sheepishly to himself. I then noticed there was a tiny shade of red on his cheeks too. '' Chaerin.'' he held one of my hands in his and looked at me in the eye,staring right into me. I bet you that my whole face was red at that moment,no doubt that it wasn't. 

'' Have you seen fireworks before?'' 

'' Yeah why?'' 

'' I haven't,but I know it's beautiful..'' I didn't know how to respond,so there was a moment of silence between us.

'' Have you ever had your first kiss?'' he finally spoke up after a while.I fought with myself back and fourth whether I should tell him,I never had my first kiss,I kept it for someone special. Now I wonder,If I told him,what would he do? And even if I didn't tell him,why would he want to know? I took a deep breathe and answered him truthfully. '' No.'' 

Before I could ask him why,he sealed my lips with his,his hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his next,his lips were soft and the kiss was filled with love that I could just kiss him everyday without getting sick and tired of it.

'' You stole my first kiss.'' 

'' And you stole my heart.''

The Christmas present he gave me? Simple. Love.


 


December 31st,2014

'' Well I can see that you can walk more comfortably now,that's good.'' the doctor stated as he flipped through my records. '' Just 2 more weeks and I think you'll be able to be discharged.'' 

'' Can't she be discharged now?'' my father asked. 

'' Yeah,she needs to go for cheer practises.'' 

The doctor cleared his throat and the nurse left us with him. He then spoke. '' I'm afraid your daughter can't go for cheer anymore,ma'am.'' 

'' What?'' I jerked out.'' What do you mean I can't,it was just a minor fracture!'' my mom looked almost as shock as me. What? I can't cheer anymore? Bull. '' I can and I will.'' 

'' Don't risk it,baby girl.'' that's it,the volcano in me errupted.

'' First of all,I am not your baby girl anymore. I've grown up,so stop calling me that. It's embarrassing. Second of all,I am going back to cheer,they need me. Lastly,I'd like some time with myself so GET OUT!''I emphasized the word get out. For a minute I regretted that since my parents were going nuts shouted at each other,the doctor too. But as soon as I slammed my hands on the table beside me,they followed my orders and left me alone.

My mom left my phone on my bed before going out,I let out a sigh and scrolled down on my news feed. I received a message from the team captain. 

 Hyuna Kim


Hey Chaerin! How's your leg? Is it getting better? I hope it is.
Championship's coming up at the beginning of the year,I heared you can't risk to be the flyer anymore so
YOU'RE OUT FROM THE CHEER TEAM. (:
Get well soon!

 

The first word that came into my mind was . However,I was too broken to be angry. First I had to deal with the fact I can't cheer,second I made my parents angry and lastly I'm out of the squad? My phone slipped through my palm and fell on the bed. I lift my knee up and sob quietly to myself,it was a horrible day.

 


10.30pm,December 31st 2014.

'' Hey Cheer-'' I hated the word cheer,it was the most horrible word I ever learnt,spoke,heared and saw. Jiyong came in with his smile,but sadly,I couldn't smile along. He noticed my change of mood and stood by my side. '' Hey,what's wrong Cheerin?'' 

'' STOP CALLING ME THAT.''

Jiyong looked at me,puzzled at my sudden reaction. I never reacted this way before until now. He held my hand in his, but pushed his hand away. When Lee Chaerin ain't in the mood for something,don't mess with her. I let out a long and loud sigh before turning to the other side,my back facing Jiyong.

'' Umm,I just wanted to hand you this. I'll put it here on the table beside you,Chaeyong's here too. Goodbye.'' I didn't bother turning around to see what he gave me and Chaeyong when he closed the door.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

I spent my an hour thinking,thinking about what I've done. I didn't like the feeling of it though,I felt guilty. I felt hurt for some reasons. But most importantly,I felt like a . I hurt my dad,my mom and my boyfriend,whar am I? I guess I should apologise. It's the right thing anyway,right guys?

I dialled my mom's phone number,after a few beeps,she picked the phone up. '' Hello?'' 

'' Hey mom.'' 

'' Sweety pie,don't worry. I think the doc-'' 

'' I was kicked out of the squad.'' 

'' WHAT?'' my mom shouted through the phone,I could hear my dad coughing at the background. '' Who kicked you out? I will give her a piece of m-''

'' I don't really care actually.'' 

'' What?'' my mom muttered this time and my father had a miny celebration with himself. '' Anyway,I called to say sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I was just angry.''

'' Dear,we understand. Everyone's been through that before,and I know you're passionate about ch-''

'' I don't want to hear the word cheer,I hate it.''

'' Did you hear that honey? Did you-'' I heared him grunt on the floor,but my mom soon spoke. '' We understand. And hey,there's still 5 minutes till new year's! Go celebrate okay,gotta go! Bye.'' and so she hung up. A smile creeped on my face as I walked over to Jiyong's room with the crutches. I sat down on a chair that I placed beside his bed and shook him lightly as he was sleeping.


'' Jiyong!'' I shook him many times,but he didn't wake up. I assumed he was tired,so I continued shaking him. '' Jiyong! Jiyong!'' then,I realised it was 2015 due to the sight of fireworks in the sky far away. Not only that,he wasn't breathing,no heart beats,nothing. I immediately called for the nurses,they came in instantly with a doctor by their side, one of the nurse brought me outside. I was a crying mess. No,he can't be gone. No,don't say that Chaerin! He's perfectly fine! He's-

'' I'm sorry.'' the door opened as the nurses exit the room. I ran passed the doctor and into the room,I shook Jiyong again and again. '' Wake up! There's fireworks out there! Wake up!'' I shook him excitedly.

'' Wake up....'' I dropped down onto the chair,devasted. '' How did he..?'' I asked the doctor who came in and stood beside me.

'' He died out of cancer,miss. We expected him to live longer though.'' 

'' Cancer?'' I went back to my room and saw an envelope on the table beside my bed. Sitting on the side of my bed,I opened the envelope to read it.


Dear Cheerin,

Hope you don't mind me calling you that,I didn't ask for your permission. Anyway,if you're reading this,I'm most probably dead by now,or maybe.

I didn't tell you this at first,but I have cancer. I didn't want to tell you because I...I don't know,I just didn't want to. Throughtout this 2 months,we became from friends to lovers. I've had many great memories,I'm sure you did too. I'm not good at words,I know,and I'm sorry. But ever since I saw you,I fell for you. And hey,you stole my heart first.


Moving on,I just want you to be happy. Don't cry for me,Cheerin. Don't. Don't stain that beautiful face of yours. Instead,stay strong. Do what you love and be happy. Who cares about that stupid cheer captain who kicked you out? One day she'll regret it,so be proud.Hpw did I know this? Well I took a peep through your door when the nurses exit your room.

Cheerin,I will forever and always remain in your heart, you will too. Though we aren't in the same world,I just want you to know that I love you forever. My body might not be there with you,but my soul is. I'm glad my stolen heart belongs to you,Cheerin. Keep it safely.

Goodbye,and happy new year. By the way,take care of Chaeyong.

Your love,
Jiyong

-end of flashback-



The hospital never felt so lonely. Ever since Jiyong left,I was all alone. I felt empty,I felt lonely,the hospital felt so lifeless now. He waas the source of hope and joy,but now he's gone. And I didn't get the chance to say goodbye,or to apologise. 2 weeks have passed now and my leg had recovered fully,I was supposed to be discharged to some time here. Surprisingly.

People always state that a goodbye hurtsd. But no. I don't think so. It's not the goodbyes that hurt but the flashbacks that follow. All I heared was his goodbye,all I ever saw was his smile,all I ever felt was his love. 

And so,now as I stood up and left my room,I made sure I went over to the room beside me that once belonged to Jiyong. Though it was now occupied by another patient,I let out a smile. I saw the patient happily smiling,as though Jiyong the angel was there with him.

''Dear,let's go.'' my mom whispered,I gave her a nod in reply. With my eyes now on the room,I said his final words.


Goodbye.

-The End-



 


End of this one shot! I was suppose to complete it earlier but i didn't. I'm sorry :(
Anyway,how was this story? I know it's heart breaking,it hurts too when writing this.
Whar are your thoughts on this story? PLease comment below and if you like it,pls upvote :D

Hope you enjoyed this one shot :D

XOXO,

TamTamlovesChanYeol